(Topic ID: 188193)

Pin2DMD color release for Street Fighter II!

By Malenko

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 649 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by lucky1
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
7CD72FE5-3199-45CD-9AF2-99A292121FA3 (resized).jpeg
CA6C86A6-8E1D-4635-B0C3-81EAAB887B16 (resized).jpeg
85da50d69340e39338ae1f6c578abc4832b1869a (resized).jpg
20200222_105408 (resized).jpg
20200222_105631 (resized).jpg
20200222_105335 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
AA83C207-0525-4591-A03D-F95499424483 (resized).jpeg
3CAAB96B-BBC3-494A-9416-130891238456 (resized).jpeg
32085FD3-EDAA-4C94-AF6C-D554E625AFC5 (resized).jpeg
20190718_210007_1.gif
ginger (resized).jpg
sf2_multiball red (resized).jpg
sf2_guile_instru2 (resized).jpg
sf2 guile instrution1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider infinitelives.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago

Wow this is amazing! I would buy this for sure for my SFII! What you've done with Balrog is incredible!

#11 4 years ago

omg i am in love.

#18 4 years ago

Is there a plan to ever release this to us untalented kiddos who love sfii more than levi hates it?

#30 4 years ago

great work! looks amazing

2 weeks later
#55 4 years ago
Quoted from Sence:

Ok, somebody start working on a bad ass translite replacement! Great work!

Already been done by OP

1 (resized).jpg

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I honestly dont know what Im going to do with them. I am a bit of a perfectionist, so even after all the hard work is done Im going to go back through and tweak everything. If Randy of ColorDMD hires me to do the SF colorization for their platform these probably wont get a public release. If he doesnt then I'll likely release them and ask people to donate for my time, donation optional.
Im getting close to the 90 hour mark, but a good chuck of that was growing pains learning the tools.
TORPEDO and GUILE scenes will be done today, but for now, heres the Vega Bonus reveal scene, its masked so that no matter what bonus comes up, it will be correctly colored.

Car smash scene is done as well.

more than happy to donate when the time comes! Your redrawing of the sprites is way more impressive than the default animations being colored!

2 weeks later
#84 4 years ago

yeah no way I wouldn't buy this or donate all the monies. it is unbelievable what you've done!

1 week later
#102 4 years ago

That one doesnt have a Gottlieb/Premier/Capcom option. Which one did you use?

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

That one^
sorry I copy pasta'ed the wrong link :/

hmm, they dont seem to have a shipping option to the US.

edit: these guys have it and ship to us

https://www.pinballshop.nl/electronics-parts/dmd/pin2dmd-complete-rgb.pin.dmd-set-v3-display-ready-to-go/

On the fence about when to buy it, when I do I will def donate some dollars to the man Malenko

i dont know if its the language barrier or what but it seems kind of complicated to get one of these up and running just from trying to read thru the pages on it
http://pin2dmd.com/installation/

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

plug DMD cable into pin2DMD
run 5V to pin DMD
put sd card in pin2dmd with files
the end.

Yeah, just seemed like the file stuff to get on the sd card was convoluted but maybe its more simple than it read like. Have to get a special key code and stuff. I'll go through it all next pay day, buying my dad an old coca cola machine for fathers day so their goes the dmd money hah

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

you have to register the pin2DMD, so you do that and they send you a keyfile. you rename the keyfile pin2dmd.key and put it in the root of the SD card. As for the coca cola machine...... thats awesome! I'd buy one and fillit with water since I dont drink soda anymore :p

Right on

I have a hunch there will be more beer than coke in it when its all said and done

1 week later
#139 4 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

There will be. I'm working on gathering the final list and hope to have an update by tomorrow with final delivered pricing.

id be interested as well!

3 weeks later
#218 4 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

Guessing I'm too late to the group buy party by far, eh? Stupid life getting in the way of pinball research

i couldnt pull the trigger either right now but rappelbox said a future group buy is not out of the question

1 year later
#522 2 years ago

would there be a way to without a full code redo to make the switch in the shooter lane trigger the new auto plunger to launch the ball?

#524 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

How would that work with the skill shot?

oh, well yeah forgot about that. skill shot is pointless anyways if you are trying to get a good score when you can collect multiple super jackpots for 300 mil or beat the champions challenge for 500 mil. gotta break 2 billion to get last on my scoreboard lol

#526 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

If were changing the code, wouldnt we change this too? Lol. Its all about making the game better as a whole.

Your retort was to my suggestion at adding an auto plunger without a change to software //shrug

7 months later
#557 2 years ago

man, i still need to get one of these, but just loaned out my SFII to my friend for awhile. thanks again for all the work on it Malenko!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider infinitelives.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside