(Topic ID: 188193)

Pin2DMD color release for Street Fighter II!

By Malenko

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
7CD72FE5-3199-45CD-9AF2-99A292121FA3 (resized).jpeg
CA6C86A6-8E1D-4635-B0C3-81EAAB887B16 (resized).jpeg
85da50d69340e39338ae1f6c578abc4832b1869a (resized).jpg
20200222_105408 (resized).jpg
20200222_105631 (resized).jpg
20200222_105335 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
AA83C207-0525-4591-A03D-F95499424483 (resized).jpeg
3CAAB96B-BBC3-494A-9416-130891238456 (resized).jpeg
32085FD3-EDAA-4C94-AF6C-D554E625AFC5 (resized).jpeg
20190718_210007_1.gif
ginger (resized).jpg
sf2_multiball red (resized).jpg
sf2_guile_instru2 (resized).jpg
sf2 guile instrution1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chitownpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

DUDE YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!

So whats the plan? Show the character being beat up by phantom punches with star animations or something and then show them beat up like on the arcade machine?

SUPER COOOLL!!!

Totally thought Id never mod my Sf2.....uh oh.

#14 6 years ago

Man this makes me want a rule rewrite so badly.

Hit the opponents hole, animation of them doing their move plays.
One shot is lit on each side of the playfield and it moves until you hit them
It shows phantom punches hitting player as they increasingly get more beat up looking as you hit shots
Final animation is them beat up like the end of SF2 when you can add credits

Just that alone instead of everyone being one shot dead.

You could alternate shots and chun li could be only lit when its time to fight her

SO MANY POSSIBILITIES.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Please let's not make this an "Anti Levi" thing...tons of us hated it long before he did.

I agree, lets not get that troll in here. Lets keep it positive.

2 weeks later
#60 6 years ago

Looks sweet! I bet your guy is cheaper than retro refurbs too.

2 weeks later
#78 6 years ago
Quoted from Jinroh:

Killer! Man the quality you have going on is insane!

Right? Some one let him borrow their JP. Hes too far from me.

2 weeks later
#130 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Keep me posted on this thanks freddy.

Ditto.

#141 6 years ago

T2 or sf2. T2 or sf2. T2 or sf2.....grrrrrrr.....can only get one at the moment.

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

You can pretty much buy two of these for the cost of the competitive product. Additionally Malenko the Magnificent is already working on a T2 colorization.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-colorization-of-terminator-2

I know its cheaper. Has any one done a side by side comparisson of pin2dmd vs colordmd? Id like to see the difference. All the pics ive seen look like pin2dmd has very visible lines seperating the led panels. That could just be the lighting, thats why id like to see them compared.

Also, Id like to see some t2 example to sway me this way. Sure, the $150 savings is killer, but will I prefer the coloring of taxman over malenko or vice versa?

Edit: Just saw the examples. Not sure which way to go still.

You guys are making this really hard with all these choice! Jerks!

1 week later
#153 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Group Buy Update: 6 people confirmed. Paypal payment is due to rappelbox no later than July 12th. He will ship on July 14th directly to you.
Cost: $180 + $20 Shipping
PP address: [email protected]
Cheers!

ugh....need to get my funds in order asap.

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Attention group buy folks: Would anyone be interested in delaying shipment for a few days so that rappelbox can unlock/register our panels prior to shipment? This would mean that the units would be ready to roll upon arrival instead of having to wait for the unlock process to complete. Thoughts?

Wait even longer and maybe I can get in on this. Yall made this happen REALLY fast.

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

ACTUNG! Today is that last day for the group buy. Please PM rappelbox or Paypal him $200 to [email protected] if you want a panel. He plans to ship around the 19th assuming each buyer quickly participates in the unlock process.
Cheers!
Smithers

I cant do it. Im too broke. Freakin sucks. Maybe there will be another opportunity.

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

And the files arent going anywhere, so you're not on any kind of time limit.
I love that SFII is getting this much attention, but kinda sad no one seems to care about T2 :/
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-colorization-of-terminator-2

SF2 was just such a transformation man, you really did a bang up job.

T2 is already done. Not as much hype on a title already done. Plus, T2 is probably up there as one of the most modded pins ever, so people dont get as worked up over new stuff. Dont take it personally.

JP now...THAT would be the real hype. A lot of people looking for that to be colored.

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

JP has an Color DMD rom I think. Now get one for Waterworld and we'll talk

No it does not.

Waterworld is fun...not much to those animations though.

1 month later
#403 6 years ago

WOW that mario redraw looks freaking KILLER. It only mario wasnt so expensive....

7 months later
#497 6 years ago

Would love a plug and play option for this, who is going to sell one?

I want to just install, and power on. Nothing else.

2 months later
#506 5 years ago
Quoted from bimm25i:

So either my package has been "shipping" for 60+ days, or I was told it was shipped just to shut me up. I know which one I want to be true, but at the same time I know which one is probably true.
Very disappointing experience so far with germangamingsupplies ordered over 120 days ago...
I did get an email asking me to review my products on his website, I am not going to because "something something not nice to say....something something nothing at all"
On the flipside, I placed an order with Cliffy B in January, he sent me an email telling me he was months behind and asking if I was ok waiting, I said go for it. Cliffy emailed me when they did ship, apologized for the wait, and go figure they were in my mailbox a few days later.
A tale of 2 orders, my thanks go to cliffy only at this point.

Thanks for the update.

2 months later
#509 5 years ago

Still wish some one would sell plug and play pin2dmd for Sf2. I dont have time to dick with it, I just want to plug it in and gooooo.

3 months later
#517 5 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

now someone please make a mod and install a ball autolaunch

lol, right? That would take software update too. I think a total game re-design at that point would be due. Could be epic!

#519 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Autolaunch would be doable, just have to have a launch mech like TMNT so you could still use the plunger. Or replace the rod with a button. The button would just trigger a relay that fires the solenoid, wouldn't need a software update could totally be done via hardware.
I wouldn't mind having a broken SFII to try and remake with a P3ROC/PROC ; its actually a pretty great layout its the stop and go play that most people dislike.

I think theyre more interested in the multiballs automatically happening instead of having to load the other balls via plunger before it starts.

#521 5 years ago

I wonder if you could smooth over the blanka kick out and the vega hole and make a loopable shot around that orbit. You could just use optos to beat blanka and vega instead. Would make it a lot less clunky, and would serve the auto launcher better. The balls could launch in and come down that left orbit instead of clunk clunk clunk lol.

#523 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

would there be a way to without a full code redo to make the switch in the shooter lane trigger the new auto plunger to launch the ball?

How would that work with the skill shot?

#525 5 years ago

oh, well yeah forgot about that. skill shot is pointless anyways if you are trying to get a good score when you can collect multiple super jackpots for 300 mil or beat the champions challenge for 500 mil. gotta break 2 billion to get last on my scoreboard lol

If were changing the code, wouldnt we change this too? Lol. Its all about making the game better as a whole.

#527 5 years ago

Your retort was to my suggestion at adding an auto plunger without a change to software //shrug

Lol sorry.

1 month later
#529 5 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I think a rewrite is definitely in order. SF2Turbo would be an epic mod.
Install autoplunger on the shooter lane, have dual ball play more seemless and regular to overcome stop/go.
Have car-bash a regular mode that plays while the upper playfield is still active.
Redo the skill shot values
Less flipper choices to speed up gameplay, and less pauses in holes in general (have animation run while game is going)

Ive been thinking hard about what could change to make the game better. I actually want to adjust the playfield a bit.

Remove blanka hole

Move the vega hole down into the lane between the vega hole and the pop bumper. Make this the skill shot, kind of like FH.
This will open up the orbit to be able to orbit either lane. Make the blank and vega hole optos instead.

Make the bracelet the jackpot shot on a mode. the center of the target is 2x the jackpot

More to come....

#532 5 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

so just have a standup back there and have it come back quickly? Might need some kind of guide to prevent bounce-offs and keep it to the wall.
a rewrite definitely needs more Chun Li and Guile shots IMHO

Nah, just have an opto there to register the shot. Right?

Maybe an up post if you want to set that shot up for a combo or something. Kind of like iron maiden does for the loop jackpot shot

Guile is my favorite and the toughest shot to make. Its tight!

5 months later
#553 4 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

I got some large led panels to play around with. Who needs speakers when you have @malenko dmd artwork.
[quoted image]

Wow

2 weeks later
#559 4 years ago

man, i still need to get one of these, but just loaned out my SFII to my friend for awhile. thanks again for all the work on it Malenko!

Me too...I need to get my sound roms re burned though first. Otherwise whats sf2 without the gutteral “eeeaaaaauuuhhhuhaahhaa” noise when they die?

10 months later
#615 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

has anyone looked into putting an autoplunger in yet? Like so many Premier/Gottlieb games, they really need an autoplunger on the shooter lane, and usage in the rules, to really take the games to the next level

I was looking at sf2 yesterday. The game has so much potential. Wish I had a spare populated playfield to make some changes and maybe work on new rules.

Close off blanka hole to open up a smooth orbit.

Install optos so chun li ramp can lift when ball makes orbit around from left and ramp is down.

Put a diverter on the ken shot that allows for an inner looping shot back around orbit to same flipper. I think this could be done...

All shots are variations of the following to defeat opponent: hit lit shots in order, then shoot right orbit or install up post like tmnt to allow ball to go up left orbit and come back down smoothly.

Ken shot would then be “kill shot” whether you load it up from left or from right.

The left ramp could also have a wireform added to it so it doesnt drop into hole, it flows back into other wireforms back to flippers. Would need opto added to track shots.

LOTS of potential for this game I think. It could be made into a really cool and more difficult game.

Still working on car smash ideas other than a smaller ball to make it harder.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chitownpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/make-street-fighter-ii-great-again?tu=chitownpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.