(Topic ID: 188193)

Pin2DMD color release for Street Fighter II!

By Malenko

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
7CD72FE5-3199-45CD-9AF2-99A292121FA3 (resized).jpeg
CA6C86A6-8E1D-4635-B0C3-81EAAB887B16 (resized).jpeg
85da50d69340e39338ae1f6c578abc4832b1869a (resized).jpg
20200222_105408 (resized).jpg
20200222_105631 (resized).jpg
20200222_105335 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
AA83C207-0525-4591-A03D-F95499424483 (resized).jpeg
3CAAB96B-BBC3-494A-9416-130891238456 (resized).jpeg
32085FD3-EDAA-4C94-AF6C-D554E625AFC5 (resized).jpeg
20190718_210007_1.gif
ginger (resized).jpg
sf2_multiball red (resized).jpg
sf2_guile_instru2 (resized).jpg
sf2 guile instrution1 (resized).jpg
There are 651 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.
#351 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Just to confirm....because....I'm an idiot
1- install dmd in place
2 - run red and black wires from dmd into the Lower cabinet under the playfield
3 - solder together female connectors to the additonal 16 gage red and black wire. (To reach power source)
4 - solder together U connectors to the additional 16 gage red and black wire ( so it can be soldered to power source)
5 - connect females with dmd's corresponding black and red wire
6 - solder U connectors to power source (red) and to ground (black)
7 - solder outlet cable to power source
8- plug in and play
The only question(s) I have is....
Does this power source looks right? (PSF100-12 model)
And where do I solder the red wire (dmd power) and black (ground) into the power source? (V, V+ or the other one)
Thanks so much and hopefully I'm done pestering everyone after the installation

Hopefully these pictures are worth a thousand words.
Since the dmd already had male ends, in crimped female ends to my black and red wire extensions. I then crimped U connectors to the other ends and connected them as shown.

Hope this helps.

20170816_135842 (resized).jpg20170816_135842 (resized).jpg

20170816_135922 (resized).jpg20170816_135922 (resized).jpg

20170816_135929 (resized).jpg20170816_135929 (resized).jpg

#352 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Friendly reminder folks to please tip Malenko for his work. He put in over 190 hours into this colorization! I just kicked him some well deserved cash via PayPal.
http://paypal.me/Malenk0

This cannot be reiterated enough

#353 6 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

You need to connect to the micro USB to get a dump. Mini USB is only for firmware upgrade.
Could you upload a video in landscape and with higher resolution ?

Hello Lucky1,
Thanks for all the great work you have done to make pin2dmd. I got the USB thing figure out and have made many dumps of different modes of play. I have saved these into an .xml file. What kind of video were you asking me to make? One of the dmd during gameplay or of how I got things working?

Would you like to take a look and use my .xml file? I'll try and help anyway I can.

Thanks again.

Tim

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

Hello Lucky1,
Thanks for all the great work you have done to make pin2dmd. I got the USB thing figure out and have made many dumps of different modes of play. I have saved these into an .xml file. What kind of video were you asking me to make? One of the dmd during gameplay or of how I got things working?
Would you like to take a look and use my .xml file? I'll try and help anyway I can.
Thanks again.
Tim

You actually don´t save the dumps in the project XML file, you only reference them. Please make sure that you zip the XML, ANI and dump files when you share your project with others. So far I did not colorize anything, I only fixed some problems in the different projects of pin2dmd users. The video you uploaded had a very poor resolution. I just wanted a better video for verification.

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Did you watch the YouTube video I posted earlier?

I did watch the Stargate videos but it didnt help me much with the SF. So if I understand properly, there's no other way to hook this up without having to wire an arcade power supply within the cabinet?

I would have to say, the instructions are still not clear, you get bits and pieces by going on all the pages from this thread. I know a lot of efforts has been made to color the display, but it would have took an hour to snap some pics and do a step by step guide for everyone to follow.

I'm still lost on some of the steps, the closest things to proper instructions are from TheHueManatee post:
1- install dmd in place
2 - run red and black wires from dmd into the Lower cabinet under the playfield
3 - solder together female connectors to the additonal 16 gage red and black wire. (To reach power source)
4 - solder together U connectors to the additional 16 gage red and black wire ( so it can be soldered to power source)
5 - connect females with dmd's corresponding black and red wire
6 - solder U connectors to power source (red) and to ground (black)
7 - solder outlet cable to power source
8- plug in and play

3 & 4 what are the power source? how many volts and amp does it need? what are the options there?

What else needs to be done with the display? is there any files that needs to be copied or anything? What are the USB port for?
I was told the system and enhancer has to be set too, what are the steps for that?

I installed a Colordmd in my getaway without any issues, it came with a clear guide http://www.colordmd.com/ColorDMD%20Instructions%20WPC95%20rev10.pdf and everything was done within 30 mins.

I see post of some of you blowing fuses and wiring it in different ways. Some of the power adapter photos on this thread output 24v, while some other 12v and 5v. Would just be very helpful to have better instructions instead of guessing and possibly messing something up. Excited to get it installed, but will be collecting dust in the meantime.

#356 6 years ago
Quoted from psychopat:

So if I understand properly, there's no other way to hook this up without having to wire an arcade power supply within the cabinet?

You can tap 12V right in the middle of the head, theres a 12V power supply right there.

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

You can tap 12V right in the middle of the head, theres a 12V power supply right there.

Any specific areas or wire you recommend tapping into?

IMG_7458 (resized).JPGIMG_7458 (resized).JPG

#358 6 years ago

Got it installed and working.

Do I set enhance mode on or off?

I dont seem to be getting any color when Vegas claws for the bonus

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Also there seems to be 2-3 ports where the gray ribbon can fit on the color display. Do I plug it to that one?
What about the white connector on the left, this is completely discarded after?

dmd (resized).PNGdmd (resized).PNG

#360 6 years ago

White connector becomes obsolete. You don't need to plug it into the new dmd

The gray ribbon goes into where you pointed in blue

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

You actually don´t save the dumps in the project XML file, you only reference them. Please make sure that you zip the XML, ANI and dump files when you share your project with others. So far I did not colorize anything, I only fixed some problems in the different projects of pin2dmd users. The video you uploaded had a very poor resolution. I just wanted a better video for verification.

Now I understand what you meant. That video was just a post showing that I had got it installed and running. Not for trying to make a colorization. I plan to watch your videos many more times before I'd attempt to colorize. I think Dom had requested me to make some dump files though and colorization could be done by someone else.
Would a video be helpful for that if it was better quality?

Thanks again for all your help as I am still a long way from understanding even the basics. But the pin2dmd is working very well in my Tee'd Off machine.

#362 6 years ago

Ok....a few things I've noticed.

1- Vera's claw seems to be regularly colorized now.

2- My multi-ball and torpedo mode are colorized white on the DMD.....but when I get a jackpot....it sometimes turn to red and then stays that way. (50/50 chance of that it seems)

3- When I killed Guile and Blanka, their old animations played with the crappy grey coloring. (Only happened once, then it reverted to the Malenko colorized animations.......which are gorgeous by the way)

Just wondering if I'm the only one experiencing some of these issues....or if others are as well?

Or maybe I did something wrong during the install?

#363 6 years ago

I was looking at the wiring diagram and the white plug that is now obsolete actually had 12v on it. I took my fluke to double check things, it did indeed have 12.15v on the red, white and black cable. Then I hooked myself on the green (ground cables) at the bottom left of the head and managed to find the white cable has continuity with it, so it's a ground.

IMG_7465 (resized).JPGIMG_7465 (resized).JPG
IMG_7466 (resized).JPGIMG_7466 (resized).JPG

I used both tap-on connectors on those 2 cables.
IMG_7469 (resized).JPGIMG_7469 (resized).JPG

When launching the game I get a green line in the middle (for a fraction of a second) then it dissapear and it stays black. Does the same every time, any idea?
red line flash (resized).PNGred line flash (resized).PNG

I double checked the ground and voltage connections and both are good, tested the continuity with the tap-on connectors too and its fine.
Hopefully I do not need a new DMD.

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from psychopat:

I was looking at the wiring diagram and the white plug that is now obsolete actually had 12v on it. I took my fluke to double check things, it did indeed have 12.15v on the red, white and black cable. Then I hooked myself on the green (ground cables) at the bottom left of the head and managed to find the white cable has continuity with it, so it's a ground.

I used both tap-on connectors on those 2 cables.

When launching the game I get a green line in the middle (for a fraction of a second) then it dissapear and it stays black. Does the same every time, any idea?

I double checked the ground and voltage connections and both are good, tested the continuity with the tap-on connectors too and its fine.
Hopefully I do not need a new DMD.

You should of just tapped the flashers or gotten a power supply.

I wouldn't be trying an unproven install method and risk breaking something. If you read the pages on this thread you should be able to put all of this together really....

I'm the least knowledgeable about tools or being handy in general or knowing anything about electronics and whatnot....but I managed to get this done.

Work smart, not hard

#365 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

You should of just tapped the flashers or gotten a power supply.
I wouldn't be trying an unproven install method and risk breaking something. If you read the pages on this thread you should be able to put all of this together really....
I'm the least knowledgeable about tools or being handy in general or knowing anything about electronics and whatnot....but I managed to get this done.
Work smart, not hard

I understand, I did check the voltage and took a look at the diagram before, not like I randomly connected it somewhere. The method you guys are using with a power supply connected in the service outlet is really not recommended or a clean install since this port is live even if the machine is off. This is used usually for service tech to hook up their soldering iron while they work on the boards while the machine is off.

I just noticed from the Stargate video that someone posted, they also tried to get the 12v from the same plug however the voltage drops.

I took it from one of the flasher instead which gave me a 13.15v when reading, the DMD seems to boot up now. Just need to configure it.

#366 6 years ago

It appears like Malenko already put the key on the SD card. I configured the display in the setting device to Gottlieb 2. I still see the pin2dmd virtual pinball when booting and nothing happens. What are the steps you had to do after powering up the display?

#367 6 years ago
Quoted from psychopat:

It appears like Malenko already put the key on the SD card. I configured the display in the setting device to Gottlieb 3. I still see the pin2dmd when booting and nothing happens. What are the steps you had to do after powering up the display?

Configure it to gottlieb v2. Then save it.

#368 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Ok....a few things I've noticed.
1- Vera's claw seems to be regularly colorized now.
2- My multi-ball and torpedo mode are colorized white on the DMD.....but when I get a jackpot....it sometimes turn to red and then stays that way. (50/50 chance of that it seems)
3- When I killed Guile and Blanka, their old animations played with the crappy grey coloring. (Only happened once, then it reverted to the Malenko colorized animations.......which are gorgeous by the way)
Just wondering if I'm the only one experiencing some of these issues....or if others are as well?
Or maybe I did something wrong during the install?

Disregard all of this. I unplugged the dmd and plugged it back in. Seems to have fixed all of the issues and the old animations have disappeared. And I assume the multi-ball and toperdo were purposely colorized white until you hit a jackpot and then purposely turn red?

#369 6 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

Hopefully these pictures are worth a thousand words.
Since the dmd already had male ends, in crimped female ends to my black and red wire extensions. I then crimped U connectors to the other ends and connected them as shown.
Hope this helps.

What's up with the bacon soda? I've been meanng to ask.

#370 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Configure it to gottlieb v2. Then save it.

I tried that, is it supposed to reboot the display and show gottlieb v2? it's always returning to Virtual Pinball

So just to make sure, you left the SD card in when receiving it. Configured it as gottlieb v2, then saving. Then plugging the data cable and powering up the pin? Mine doesnt seem to save the settings properly for some reasons.

My led on the board shows as red, how does yours look like? It appears to be blue when working (from the stargate video).
led red (resized).PNGled red (resized).PNG

#371 6 years ago

Looks like its saving now, the display is in color and show VIRTUAL PINBALL when booting, then it goes to Gottlieb v2 and turns black and white. See image
IMG_7475 (resized).JPGIMG_7475 (resized).JPG

I wonder if it wasnt properly unlocked or something. I cant get pass this. Did Malenko pre-unlocked the displays with the keys we emailed him back, or is there anything that needs to be done? I feel like i'm getting closer to have a working DMD

Do I need a specific SF2 rom version for this display to work? Maybe thats the problem

#372 6 years ago
Quoted from psychopat:

Looks like its saving now, the display is in color and show VIRTUAL PINBALL when booting, then it goes to Gottlieb v2 and turns black and white. See image

I wonder if it wasnt properly unlocked or something. I cant get pass this.

That happened to me at the start.

Reconfigure again and save and then exit

#373 6 years ago

Reboot the machine and it should work

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Reboot the machine and it should work

I tried like 50 times, to save it and reboot over and over. It's always showing Gottlieb V2 in black and white and never goes past that screen.
I suspect an issue with the key maybe.

Is your led on top of the board blue when you launch it or red?

#375 6 years ago
Quoted from psychopat:

I tried that, is it supposed to reboot the display and show gottlieb v2? it's always returning to Virtual Pinball
So just to make sure, you left the SD card in when receiving it. Configured it as gottlieb v2, then saving. Then plugging the data cable and powering up the pin? Mine doesnt seem to save the settings properly for some reasons.
My led on the board shows as red, how does yours look like? It appears to be blue when working (from the stargate video).

This is where the Stargate video is different than our current pin2dmd. I too had a hard time trying to get into Config Mode. I believe I finally got it to enter Config Mode by holding both the Option and Menu buttons until Config Menu was displayed. You then can press Option (or maybe it was Menu) until you find the correct setting for your machine (gottlieb2 for my Tee'd Off). You can also select different color schemes and dmd display settings. The 2 taller buttons in the middle of the board you saw used in the Stargate video, only seemed to restart my dmd. I could be wrong about this as I didn't take any notes, but after 5 minutes of trial and error, I believe it was holding the Option and Menu buttons that got me into Config Menu.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#376 6 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

This is where the Stargate video is different than our current pin2dmd. I too had a hard time trying to get into Config Mode. I believe I finally got it to enter Config Mode by holding both the Option and Menu buttons until Config Menu was displayed. You then can press Option (or maybe it was Menu) until you find the correct setting for your machine (gottlieb2 for my Tee'd Off). You can also select different color schemes and dmd display settings. The 2 taller buttons in the middle of the board you saw used in the Stargate video, only seemed to restart my dmd. I could be wrong about this as I didn't take any notes, but after 5 minutes of trial and error, I believe it was holding the Option and Menu buttons that got me into Config Menu.

Thanks, yes I was able to go to the config menu without any problems. I set it to Gottlieb v2 and it even boot to it, however it shows in black and white and nothing happens past that screen.

I'm doing a dump of the provided SD card and trying another one to see if it may help. That's very strange.

#377 6 years ago

I used a brand new SD card, added the key on there (nothing else). I was able to boot and save the device as Gottlieb V2, this time it relaunched in color properly.

I then copied all the other files from the original SD card, except the pin2dmd.dat and .key I already had on there working OK.
files (resized).PNGfiles (resized).PNG

When I reset the display, it then goes back to black and white. So this seems to be some kind of software issues, when adding the new palettes and files it messes things up.

Are any of the original files available somewhere? I could tried recopying all the latest version over to see if it fixes it.

EDIT: I got the files from the first post. I copied those on the new SD card that had the fresh .key and .dat files. It's showing as Gottlieb V2 in color still now. However it doesnt go another past that screen. Does anything needs to be done to start the game?

EDIT 2: nvm, I forgot to also copy the pin2dmd.fsq and pin2dmd.pal in the root. I tried both the ones from the REAL SFII Pinball folder and from the source files and both make the display in black and white again at the Gottlieb V2 screen. Looks like I am running out of luck tonight.

#378 6 years ago

The original files are linked in the very first post in this thread. (Original final files)

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from psychopat:

I used a brand new SD card, added the key on there (nothing else). I was able to boot and save the device as Gottlieb V2, this time it relaunched in color properly.
I then copied all the other files from the original SD card, except the pin2dmd.dat and .key I already had on there working OK.

When I reset the display, it then goes back to black and white. So this seems to be some kind of software issues, when adding the new palettes and files it messes things up.
Are any of the original files available somewhere? I could tried recopying all the latest version over to see if it fixes it.
EDIT: I got the files from the first post. I copied those on the new SD card that had the fresh .key and .dat files. It's showing as Gottlieb V2 in color still now. However it doesnt go another past that screen. Does anything needs to be done to start the game?
EDIT 2: nvm, I forgot to also copy the pin2dmd.fsq and pin2dmd.pal in the root. I tried both the ones from the REAL SFII Pinball folder and from the source files and both make the display in black and white again at the Gottlieb V2 screen. Looks like I am running out of luck tonight.

When you boot up the machine you'll see the pin2dmd in color. Hold down the menu button immediately and it'll then allow you to configure. (You must do this before in turns to black and white...otherwise it won't work)

#380 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

When you boot up the machine you'll see the pin2dmd in color. Hold down the menu button immediately and it'll then allow you to configure. (You must do this before in turns to black and white...otherwise it won't work)

yes, I already did that. It's already set to Gottlieb v2.
I tried putting back the original DMD and I believe something is wrong. The display stays black, the playfield GI bulbs are on, no sound and the F5 fuse keeps on blowing.

I was reading it could be due to the U8 GAL chip that is shot, could be when fiddling with the displays
Not sure if thats what also cause the F5 fuse to blow, anyone had a similar issue?

#381 6 years ago

Ok so Im playing catch up......

Quoted from psychopat:

Any specific areas or wire you recommend tapping into?

That "black block" in the middle, has 5V on the top and 12V on the bottom, you can tap that. Ive heard to not tap the wire going to the original DMD because there's a lot of voltage drop off or something like that.

Quoted from psychopat:

The method you guys are using with a power supply connected in the service outlet is really not recommended or a clean install since this port is live even if the machine is off.

1 outlet is switched, the other is always on. My power supply turns off when the machine is off.

I had nothing to do with the hardware you bought, so I cant pre-unlock anything. Rappelbox may have pre unlocked the firmware. It looks like you got that part working anyway.

The only files you need from my download folder is the FSQ and the PAL from the real SFII folder. Everything else is for editing the files I released so you can make your own FSQ and PAL files.

If the old DMD isnt working either, check to make sure you didnt install the DMD data cable upside down

Quoted from psychopat:

I would have to say, the instructions are still not clear, you get bits and pieces by going on all the pages from this thread. I know a lot of efforts has been made to color the display, but it would have took an hour to snap some pics and do a step by step guide for everyone to follow.

This started out as a thread about me coloring SFII for Pin2DMD. I had no part in the designing, creating, making, or selling of the Pin2DMD. I will make a thread on hooking up a pin2DMD to to a Gottlieb SYstem 3 machine when I get home with pictures. I'll even show which wires can be tapped in the head specifically if you dont want to do a power supply install.

#382 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

can you take pictures or a video? Screen shot of the error would be good too. The Blanka shot to light the car minigame is just a palette jump, so Blanka looks red. I thought about masking the sequence but its soooooooo low res (Blanka is like 10 pixels wide and 11 pixels tall).
I have issues with the Sagat animation sometimes playing more than once, but thats an issue with the way Gottlieb does the frames on the DMD and it doesnt happen that often and I didnt think it'd be worth fixing. Ive never had the animations play in black and white though.

I edited the XML to remove pathing, he probably has a JAVA error

Thanks Malenko I can load the files now so you and lucky1 were right about the .xml paths needing deletion.

Sorry for the delay I have been working away but now I'm back so I have been able to video the animations, I've loaded your latest build files and this (https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ao6k3CIlgOqjocxgZeGkLiEEZonLcQ) will show the entire 12 fighters animations. Given your explanation of the small Blanka animation the black and white issue only shows here in the Dhaslim and Guile animations, hope this is useful if I can help with this or other tables I am happy to.

Finally I saw the discussion about poer wiring while I've been away so here are a couple of images of my own table, they should help anyone who wants to wire in their Pin2DMD, the polarity of the connections are not important as the voltage is AC.

20170817_143729067_iOS (resized).jpg20170817_143729067_iOS (resized).jpg
20170817_143735963_iOS (resized).jpg20170817_143735963_iOS (resized).jpg

#383 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Ok so Im playing catch up......

That "black block" in the middle, has 5V on the top and 12V on the bottom, you can tap that. Ive heard to not tap the wire going to the original DMD because there's a lot of voltage drop off or something like that.

1 outlet is switched, the other is always on. My power supply turns off when the machine is off.
I had nothing to do with the hardware you bought, so I cant pre-unlock anything. rappelbox may have pre unlocked the firmware. It looks like you got that part working anyway.
The only files you need from my download folder is the FSQ and the PAL from the real SFII folder. Everything else is for editing the files I released so you can make your own FSQ and PAL files.
If the old DMD isnt working either, check to make sure you didnt install the DMD data cable upside down

This started out as a thread about me coloring SFII for Pin2DMD. I had no part in the designing, creating, making, or selling of the Pin2DMD. I will make a thread on hooking up a pin2DMD to to a Gottlieb SYstem 3 machine when I get home with pictures. I'll even show which wires can be tapped in the head specifically if you dont want to do a power supply install.

Thanks for the details, I got on the train late for those (last day) and was unaware of everything. After doing more research about Pin2DMD I understand this product is sold by a vendor and you colorized everything for SFII but ultimately were not involved in the product itself. Having someone posting clear pics on where to tap the wires would definitely be very helpful for everyone as well as posting the steps of the configuration afterward too. You should put that in your first post and make it a sticky.

Looks like I messed up my machine, I believe the U8 gal chip is burned and I may need other parts. If anyone has a display board for sale please let me know.

Thanks

#384 6 years ago

a93jwI0wkWTQs.gifa93jwI0wkWTQs.gif

#385 6 years ago

Since there are so many more people now involved with the PIN2DMD experience, wouldn't it be better for a specific thread to help people with setup and colorization. I feel I have kind of hijacked Malenko's thread for SF2.

#386 6 years ago

I don't think you hijacked it, it looks like he brought forth a whole new market for Gottlieb conversions with his awesome color work.

#387 6 years ago

I am absolutely loving this colorization. Malenko single handedly upped the value of all Street Fighter II pins.

Three cheers for @malenko!!!

#388 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I am absolutely loving this colorization. Malenko single handedly upped the value of all Street Fighter II pins.
Three cheers for malenko!!!
» YouTube video

I see many similar screen styles between SF2 and Tee'd Off. I wonder how long it would take to colorize my Tee'd Off.

#389 6 years ago

I could probably get it done in about 20 hours.

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

DAMN!!! I've been struggling to still understand the editor for that long...hahaha.

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Thanks Malenko
Too bad I won't have a car while I am in DC Saturday through Tuesday or I would drive up and have you teach me. If you would like to look at the editor file I have from the 8 or so dumps I have made, let me know how I can get it to you.

#392 6 years ago

tee'ed off next hot game!

#393 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

tee'ed off next hot game!

Im helping Scotty with Super Mario
Original:
castle1.gifcastle1.gif

Redraw:
castle1alt.gifcastle1alt.gif
About 90 minutes to knock that out, reminded me why I stopped redrawing everything and stuck with color masks.

#394 6 years ago

As for coloring other games, I am currently working on one and hope to release it in a week or two, then I'll consider taking on other games full time. The one I'm working on now is for me so I really dont give a shit about donations for it. I'm always available to hire for a colorization, if hired the files go to who ever hired me and its their choice to release publicly.

In case your wondering why I'd say something like "hire me"; In total Ive gotten just over $150 in donations but I've spent $600 on hardware (3 pin2DMDs), ~$30 in firmware activations , and well over 240 hours coloring 3 games (most of that was SFII and learning the tools). I'll never demand money for things Ive released publicly but I'll never turn down an art gig

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Im helping Scotty with Super Mario
About 90 minutes to knock that out, reminded me why I stopped redrawing everything and stuck with color masks.

HOLY moly! You do an INCREDIBLE job at the redraws though. Seriously.

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

As for coloring other games, I am currently working on one and hope to release it in a week or two, then I'll consider taking on other games full time. The one I'm working on now is for me so I really dont give a shit about donations for it. I'm always available to hire for a colorization, if hired the files go to who ever hired me and its their choice to release publicly.
In case your wondering why I'd say something like "hire me"; In total Ive gotten just over $150 in donations but I've spent $600 on hardware (3 pin2DMDs), ~$30 in firmware activations , and well over 240 hours coloring 3 games (most of that was SFII and learning the tools). I'll never demand money for things Ive released publicly but I'll never turn down an art gig

LW3 confirmed?

#397 6 years ago

Cue Ball Wizard? That game oozes with cheese.

#398 6 years ago

Here's a better video clip where I kill 11/12 fighters.

#399 6 years ago

Malenko
You are everywhere. I was looking into replacements for an arcade monitor and found you discussing it with my friend Greg. Small world.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#400 6 years ago

After some parts showed up, I finally have this running. Looks really great!
I am missing a few animations but I need to update my regular ROMs first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
There are 651 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/make-street-fighter-ii-great-again/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.