(Topic ID: 188193)

Pin2DMD color release for Street Fighter II!

By Malenko

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
7CD72FE5-3199-45CD-9AF2-99A292121FA3 (resized).jpeg
CA6C86A6-8E1D-4635-B0C3-81EAAB887B16 (resized).jpeg
85da50d69340e39338ae1f6c578abc4832b1869a (resized).jpg
20200222_105408 (resized).jpg
20200222_105631 (resized).jpg
20200222_105335 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
AA83C207-0525-4591-A03D-F95499424483 (resized).jpeg
3CAAB96B-BBC3-494A-9416-130891238456 (resized).jpeg
32085FD3-EDAA-4C94-AF6C-D554E625AFC5 (resized).jpeg
20190718_210007_1.gif
ginger (resized).jpg
sf2_multiball red (resized).jpg
sf2_guile_instru2 (resized).jpg
sf2 guile instrution1 (resized).jpg
There are 651 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 14.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

I apologize. I should have asked; which model?

https://germangamingsupplies.com/RGBPINDMD-Display-Tyche_1

Quoted from Crash:

Great job Thomas! Any plans on doing other less loved Gottliebs, such as Cue Ball Wizard?

next up is T2, its the only other pin I own with a DMD. After that I'll look into colorizing using rips from vpin/pinmame/vpinx/etc
I'd LOVE to have a cueball wizard, but the one that went for salearound me was just a little too far out of my price range.

#102 6 years ago

That one doesnt have a Gottlieb/Premier/Capcom option. Which one did you use?

#103 6 years ago

Thank you for all the hard work and making this available for others Malenko!! I'm blown away by the hours and hard work you put into this project!!

Can we email you some donations instead of using paypal?

3047421-4187485395-DKJRd.gif3047421-4187485395-DKJRd.gif

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

That one doesnt have a Gottlieb/Premier/Capcom option. Which one did you use?

I think he uses that one https://germangamingsupplies.com/RGBPINDMD-SET-V3-ready-to-go_1

#105 6 years ago

That one^

sorry I copy pasta'ed the wrong link :/

#106 6 years ago

Waiting for a video of a gameplay.

#107 6 years ago

Version 1.001 going to be uploaded in a few. A few animations aren't triggering on the real pin.

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

That one^
sorry I copy pasta'ed the wrong link :/

hmm, they dont seem to have a shipping option to the US.

edit: these guys have it and ship to us

https://www.pinballshop.nl/electronics-parts/dmd/pin2dmd-complete-rgb.pin.dmd-set-v3-display-ready-to-go/

On the fence about when to buy it, when I do I will def donate some dollars to the man Malenko

i dont know if its the language barrier or what but it seems kind of complicated to get one of these up and running just from trying to read thru the pages on it
http://pin2dmd.com/installation/

#110 6 years ago

I ship directly to the US, pinballshop.nl is a reseller of my boards

drop me a line here or buy it through pinside shops:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1020-germangamingsuppliescom

@malenko:

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING JOB!!!

#111 6 years ago

i dont know if its the language barrier or what but it seems kind of complicated to get one of these up and running just from trying to read thru the pages on it

plug DMD cable into pin2DMD
run 5V to pin DMD
put sd card in pin2dmd with files

the end.

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

plug DMD cable into pin2DMD
run 5V to pin DMD
put sd card in pin2dmd with files
the end.

Yeah, just seemed like the file stuff to get on the sd card was convoluted but maybe its more simple than it read like. Have to get a special key code and stuff. I'll go through it all next pay day, buying my dad an old coca cola machine for fathers day so their goes the dmd money hah

#113 6 years ago

I personally know how hard Malenko worked on this project and the payoff for the SF2 owners/pinball community is huge. If you download the color file and you're in position to do so please consider a donation for his time and efforts. I don't even own a SF2 and I'm sending him a donation as I think it's hard work like this that keeps this community strong.

Nice work, Malenko!

#114 6 years ago

Yeah, just seemed like the file stuff to get on the sd card was convoluted but maybe its more simple than it read like. Have to get a special key code and stuff. I'll go through it all next pay day, buying my dad an old coca cola machine for fathers day so their goes the dmd money hah

you have to register the pin2DMD, so you do that and they send you a keyfile. you rename the keyfile pin2dmd.key and put it in the root of the SD card. As for the coca cola machine...... thats awesome! I'd buy one and fillit with water since I dont drink soda anymore :p

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

you have to register the pin2DMD, so you do that and they send you a keyfile. you rename the keyfile pin2dmd.key and put it in the root of the SD card. As for the coca cola machine...... thats awesome! I'd buy one and fillit with water since I dont drink soda anymore :p

Right on

I have a hunch there will be more beer than coke in it when its all said and done

#116 6 years ago

I still have some keyframe issues , I wish I had beta testers :p

#117 6 years ago

feels weird updating so much post release, but I found out the issue.
When I trigger sequences using hashes from the recording they dont always play, when I trigger scenes using hashes from a vpin recording everything works as expected. SO much for being done, tack on another 10 hours of work :p

I have all the triggers fixed for the keyframes lucky1 provided me in a recording, but I am missing Chun Li, Guile, Vega, torpedo multiball, regular multiball, and vega's claw shot. Other than that its all squared away but I do need to fix Balrog and Blanka's animations. Files in the download link are updated.

I do have to redo the entire skill shot sequence with single frame triggers, and I have about 50 frames of that redone now.

oh and if you wanna chip in, http://paypal.me/Malenk0

EDIT: Added a folder called source files, so you can see how its done, learn a little, and make changes to anything you dont like!

#118 6 years ago

here is some gameplay footage, please ignore the messed up skill shot colors, Im only 1/2 done redoing the frames

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

feels weird updating so much post release, but I found out the issue.
When I trigger sequences using hashes from the recording they dont always play, when I trigger scenes using hashes from a vpin recording everything works as expected.

Problem is that slow USB connections lead to frame drops. V-Pin recordings always contain all frames.

#120 6 years ago

I have all the issues worked out that I can, lucky1 is going to take a look at the files and see if he can fix them (skill shot, vega's defeat, and the color masks for the defeated portraits are the bulk of the issues) but its very playable and very colorful

#121 6 years ago

Thank you! Paypal down payment sent. Sending more when I get the project completed. Can't wait to see this finished and running.

#122 6 years ago

there's like 2 little things left to work out, lucky1 has been an immense help with bug squashing. I've been updating the files as we go; the vpin, the real table, and the source files.

#123 6 years ago

So I'm assuming this will work with virtual DMD (external DMD feature) by patching the rom? If so... Look forward to it as this looks great!

#124 6 years ago

It is going to be working working with .pal and .vni virtual pinball export from pin2dmd editor. Patching the ROM is only working for Stern SAM. Only working with real pin2dmd right now.

#125 6 years ago

This is so amazing.

#126 6 years ago

As a newbie to pinball, could someone tell me what specific DMD I need??

Thanks

#127 6 years ago

You'd specifically be looking for this guy:
https://germangamingsupplies.com/RGBPINDMD-SET-V3-ready-to-go_1
I spoke with Rappelbox regarding the possibility of a USA group buy. Stay tuned...

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

I spoke with rappelbox regarding the possibility of a USA group buy. Stay tuned...

Keep me posted on this thanks freddy.

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

I spoke with rappelbox regarding the possibility of a USA group buy. Stay tuned...

Thanks

I assume a USA group buy includes Canucks as well?? (Here's hoping)

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Keep me posted on this thanks freddy.

Ditto.

#131 6 years ago

So heres some pix and a slightly better video. There are a few palette issues on a real pin but everything works 100% with a VPIN (tested by lucky1 )

small palette issue on the barrel kick:
barrel kick.jpgbarrel kick.jpg

Post skill shot score display:
bracelet.jpgbracelet.jpg

Flipper choice after defeating a fighter:
flipperchoice.jpgflipperchoice.jpg

attract mode "replay score" screen:
replay.jpgreplay.jpg

Better gameplay video:

EDIT: If you want to restore the "Say no to drugs, users are losers" screen and remove the "Colorized by :Malenko" scene , just delete the two "Keyframe by Malenko" trigger keyframes. It wont hurt my feelings I promise!

It will replace this:
Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

With this:
Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

#132 6 years ago

Wow....just wow!

Putting an order in for Pin2dmd now.

#133 6 years ago

Final version is up (same link), I played through a few games and everything was triggering as expected along with the proper colors.
The glitches you seen the playthrough video above are no longer there and everything looks REALLY good. Just haven't had the time to record a new video.

I'm super proud of the end results and super happy that lucky1 was so helpful in both teaching and fixing things. Thanks to everyone who took the time to donate all added up I made 45 cents an hour not including the cost of the Pin2DMD or firmware registration (if that was included Im at like minus 60 cents an hour lol)

I hope everyone enjoys it, and I also hope if someone decides to try and color another game that the source files are beneficial to them. If someone happens to use the files and finds something not triggering or has incorrect colors/palette please do post and give me details so I can try to fix it.

I will try to record a play video tonight or tomorrow of the final version.

#134 6 years ago

Awesome, thank you!

#135 6 years ago

I'd be in on the group buy if it happens. Looks like a cool upgrade!

#136 6 years ago

I published the firmware with the fixes needed to make it work properly on the pin2dmd github repository.
https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/
Thanks for this project Malenko . This is officially the very first DMD colorization for a Gottlieb pinball.
Thanks for finding the bugs and testing.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

prefer to capture from real machines.
Sorry for the delay, Ive had to break the skill shot into multiple sequences because key frames repeat multiple times. Trying to get this done ASAP.

Quoted from lucky1:

Problem is that slow USB connections lead to frame drops. V-Pin recordings always contain all frames.

If you decide to do another Gottlieb this method will save you the hassle of finding a machine, but then again you wouldn't be able to test it very easily.

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

I'd be in on the group buy if it happens. Looks like a cool upgrade!

There will be. I'm working on gathering the final list and hope to have an update by tomorrow with final delivered pricing.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

There will be. I'm working on gathering the final list and hope to have an update by tomorrow with final delivered pricing.

id be interested as well!

#140 6 years ago

I've messaged everyone who has expressed interest in a group buy. Please message me if you are interested and haven't yet received a PM from me.
Cheers!
Smithers

#141 6 years ago

T2 or sf2. T2 or sf2. T2 or sf2.....grrrrrrr.....can only get one at the moment.

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

T2 or sf2. T2 or sf2. T2 or sf2.....grrrrrrr.....can only get one at the moment.

You can pretty much buy two of these for the cost of the competitive product. Additionally Malenko the Magnificent is already working on a T2 colorization.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-colorization-of-terminator-2

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

You can pretty much buy two of these for the cost of the competitive product. Additionally Malenko the Magnificent is already working on a T2 colorization.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-colorization-of-terminator-2

I know its cheaper. Has any one done a side by side comparisson of pin2dmd vs colordmd? Id like to see the difference. All the pics ive seen look like pin2dmd has very visible lines seperating the led panels. That could just be the lighting, thats why id like to see them compared.

Also, Id like to see some t2 example to sway me this way. Sure, the $150 savings is killer, but will I prefer the coloring of taxman over malenko or vice versa?

Edit: Just saw the examples. Not sure which way to go still.

You guys are making this really hard with all these choice! Jerks!

#144 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#145 6 years ago

get both!

#146 6 years ago

Also, Id like to see some t2 example to sway me this way. Sure, the $150 savings is killer, but will I prefer the coloring of taxman over malenko or vice versa?

Taxman did an amazing job. The end results will be similar (we're both basically filling in a coloring book) but I plan to use less blue in my colorizations. ColorDMD will do the video mode of T2 better than Pin2DMD can (as of now)

#147 6 years ago

Group Buy Update: 6 people confirmed. Paypal payment is due to Rappelbox no later than July 12th. He will ship on July 14th directly to you.
Cost: $180 + $20 Shipping
PP address: [email protected]
Cheers!

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Group Buy Update: 6 people confirmed. Paypal payment is due to rappelbox no later than July 12th. He will ship on July 14th directly to you.
Cheers!

I wish the Canadian dollar was stronger....oh well

Will send my payment shortly Rappelbox

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Group Buy Update: 6 people confirmed. Paypal payment is due to rappelbox no later than July 12th. He will ship on July 14th directly to you.

Thanks for putting it together! Payment sent.

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from smitherssp:

Cheers!

Question- what all is being sold for the $200 total? I considered reaching out sooner but forgot about it and wasn't super clear on the plan.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 651 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/make-street-fighter-ii-great-again/page/3?hl=lucky1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.