(Topic ID: 188193)

Pin2DMD color release for Street Fighter II!

By Malenko

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 649 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by lucky1
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
7CD72FE5-3199-45CD-9AF2-99A292121FA3 (resized).jpeg
CA6C86A6-8E1D-4635-B0C3-81EAAB887B16 (resized).jpeg
85da50d69340e39338ae1f6c578abc4832b1869a (resized).jpg
20200222_105408 (resized).jpg
20200222_105631 (resized).jpg
20200222_105335 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
AA83C207-0525-4591-A03D-F95499424483 (resized).jpeg
3CAAB96B-BBC3-494A-9416-130891238456 (resized).jpeg
32085FD3-EDAA-4C94-AF6C-D554E625AFC5 (resized).jpeg
20190718_210007_1.gif
ginger (resized).jpg
sf2_multiball red (resized).jpg
sf2_guile_instru2 (resized).jpg
sf2 guile instrution1 (resized).jpg

There are 649 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 13.
#451 6 years ago

O.K. then something with the LS123 is not working. You can put the jumper back to 1-2 and disable the enhancer which will work without a problem for gottlieb. Enhancer is mostly for Stern machines.

#452 6 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

O.K. then something with the LS123 is not working. You can put the jumper back to 1-2 and disable the enhancer which will work without a problem for gottlieb. Enhancer is mostly for Stern machines.

ok I reverted it with the jumper using 1-2, even with the enhancer disabled. I still get the colors that are off like my previous video.
What is the LS123? would that make sense that my regular DMD works and not the pin2dmd?

I do have a spare display board, not sure if this could help for anything.

#453 6 years ago

With Gottlieb the LS123 make no difference. The problem with the colors might be caused by the rom version of your pinball machine.
I´m not sure but are the animations the new one but just with the wrong palette ?

#454 6 years ago

All the text is always white, it seems like its the new animation, however its only using like white and light pink or something.

Is there an easy way to figure out which version of rom I have? I cant seems to find a version on the eprom.

#455 6 years ago

boot it up with the regular DMD and it tells you on boot.

#456 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

boot it up with the regular DMD and it tells you on boot.

ok here it is
IMG_8330 (resized).JPGIMG_8330 (resized).JPG

Is there anyone else with A094 that got their Pin2dmd working? What is the latest version of it?

#457 6 years ago

A-094 is the most recent

#458 6 years ago

Seems something is wrong with the PAL file. Please let someone send you a working copy of his files on the SD card and maybe try using a different SD card.

#459 6 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Seems something is wrong with the PAL file. Please let someone send you a working copy of his files on the SD card and maybe try using a different SD card.

I already tried that multiple times, even downloaded fresh files from Malenko first post and tested with 3-4 different sd cards adata, sandisk, kingston and another one. Results have been the same.

#460 6 years ago

Last test I can think of is to possibly change the power source, however not sure how that will help since the display seems to get power properly and shows something with jumper 1-2, just not in color.

I have another display board I can try, but if that was the issue the original display wouldnt work.

Starting to think there might be something wrong with the pin2dmd since I am running out of options.

#461 6 years ago

Power source is not the problem. Could you please check the status of the LEDs on the discovery board during ready set shoot.
Is there a green LED on next to the flickering blue ? We could also check your license file.

#462 6 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Power source is not the problem. Could you please check the status of the LEDs on the discovery board during ready set shoot.
Is there a green LED on next to the flickering blue ? We could also check your license file.

Sorry for the shaky video, hard to record with one hand and play with the others. Managed to get the ready shoot, then the vega hole and honda, then the car crush. I did not see a green led next to the flickering blue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/32gwihdkucnq4ys/IMG_8379.MOV?dl=0

1 month later
#463 6 years ago

Has anyone had luck with Virtual DMD display with this title. I tried it but get flashing text and not the correct colors. I tried the fight2.pal and fight2.vni files in my /altcolor/sfight2 directory. also renamed them to pin2dmd.pal and pin2dmd.vin but no luck.

Thanks

#464 6 years ago

The dmddevice.dll from freezy currently does not support these colorizations. It is currently only working on pin2dmd hardware.

1 month later
#465 6 years ago

Ok....after having my pin2dmd installed for a few months, I'm noticing that I periodically get an old animations in grey scale. It eventually happens to all the characters except Sagat and Zangief (they always appear in color)

I even reseated all the connections and power source. My rom is A-094 and is up to date.

Any suggestions? Should I try re-downloading the files & reinstalling them on the mini SD card?

Thanks!!

#466 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Ok....after having my pin2dmd installed for a few months, I'm noticing that I periodically get an old animations in grey scale. It eventually happens to all the characters except Sagat and Zangief (they always appear in color)
I even reseated all the connections and power source. My rom is A-094 and is up to date.
Any suggestions? Should I try re-downloading the files & reinstalling them on the mini SD card?
Thanks!!

That means that a trigger keyframe is missing in the project and it needs to be added. Maybe Malenko can check.

#467 6 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

That means that a trigger keyframe is missing in the project and it needs to be added. Maybe Malenko can check.

I verified with a friend who also colorized his SF2 Z& he is having the same issues. So everyone must be getting the same result...

#468 6 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Is this something that can be easily rectified Malenko ?

#469 6 years ago

You'd need to do a data dump using the Pin2DMD tool. Basically a recording or what is going on behind the scene. Then indicate at what time the glitch occurred so he can take a closer look. I periodically get the original gray-scale animations but I don't care enough to seek resolution.

#470 6 years ago

yeah if you can provide a recording/dump I can check for additional triggers. I very rarely get the odd crummy old animation, but Ive done a ton of recordings and the keyframes are always the same.

#471 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

yeah if you can provide a recording/dump I can check for additional triggers. I very rarely get the odd crummy old animation, but Ive done a ton of recordings and the keyframes are always the same.

How do I do a recording/dump?

#472 6 years ago

plug in the USB cable, open pin2dmd.exe and pick check the box to record. it'll spit out a file, just compress it and send it to me.

#473 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

plug in the USB cable, open pin2dmd.exe and pick check the box to record. it'll spit out a file, just compress it and send it to me.

OK, I'll see what I can do this week

1 week later
#474 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

OK, I'll see what I can do this week

I tried a few USB cables and they don't seem to work. Spent the better part of an hour trying to get it to work. Also....my laptop also just kicked the bucket yesterday....so I think I'll just give up.

I was hoping to get it perfect before YEGPIN in May of 2018. I wanted to show off a recently shopped and fully colorized Street Fighter II at the show

#475 6 years ago

A common failure is the usage of the wrong usb port. You have to use the micro USB not the Mini USB for pin2dmd.exe.

#476 6 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

A common failure is the usage of the wrong usb port. You have to use the micro USB not the Mini USB for pin2dmd.exe.

I used the micro USB (little white entry)

Anyways....disregard

2 months later
#477 6 years ago

This is really really awesome!! I have 2 questions,

1. Is this available for me to use it I buy a pin2dmd system?

2. If I order from here ( http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2250-pin2dmd-order-thread-worldwide/ ) is there a special version I need to get?

Thank you sooo much! LMK (pm) where to send you a PayPal donation after I get it working : D

#478 6 years ago
Quoted from bimm25i:

This is really really awesome!! I have 2 questions,
1. Is this available for me to use it I buy a pin2dmd system?
2. If I order from here ( http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2250-pin2dmd-order-thread-worldwide/ ) is there a special version I need to get?
Thank you sooo much! LMK (pm) where to send you a PayPal donation after I get it working : D

1. right
2. You can ask UncleSash for the correct version

Paypal link for Malenko is in the first post for pin2dmd it is on pin2dmd.com http://pin2dmd.com/installation/ point 3.

#479 6 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

1. right
2. You can ask UncleSash for the correct version
Paypal link for Malenko is in the first post for pin2dmd it is on pin2dmd.com http://pin2dmd.com/installation/ point 3.

Is sash on a hiatus? I sent him a pm Wednesday and it's marked unread. If he's overloaded or out of town for a bit is there another source to order from?

#480 6 years ago

I dont know about Sash, but I want to stress that paypalling me is 100% optional, but if you want to http://paypal.me/Malenk0

#481 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I dont know about Sash, but I want to stress that paypalling me is 100% optional, but if you want to http://paypal.me/Malenk0

Please believe as soon as i finish my color first game you're getting some love. Thank you!!!!!!!!

#482 6 years ago

Malenko, you should colorize GB for Pin2DMD - the color-DMD -guys are never going to release the color-code for Color-DMD, it seems

#483 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Malenko, you should colorize GB for Pin2DMD - the color-DMD -guys are never going to release the color-code for Color-DMD, it seems

GB?

#484 6 years ago

Oh, sorry, Ghostbusters

#485 6 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Absolutely no problem with pinballbrowser and pin2dmd

#486 6 years ago

I'm not having luck with sash,

I see I can order on germangamingaupplies.com , but it's in German and I'm not sure exactly what all I need. Is there a US reseller besides sash?

#487 6 years ago

germangamingsupplies.com is run by Rappelbox, send him a pm. He doesn't have any for sale in the pinside shop so maybe they are out of stock at the moment.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1020-germangamingsuppliescom/00665-pin2dmd-128x32-led-color-dmd

#488 5 years ago

Anyone have an updated link for where to buy the hardware for this? I went to the thread and all of the links resulted in 404's/dead-ends. I definitely want to try to upgrade / experiment .

Thanks in advance!

#489 5 years ago
Quoted from Hvyarms:

Anyone have an updated link for where to buy the hardware for this? I went to the thread and all of the links resulted in 404's/dead-ends. I definitely want to try to upgrade / experiment .
Thanks in advance!

Have you reached out to UncleSash over at vpuniverse?

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2250-pin2dmd-order-thread-worldwide/

#490 5 years ago

Sach and Rappel are the only 2 I know of. I just color games, I have nothing to do with the hardware side. Hope you get one, and enjoy it.

#491 5 years ago

Sorry Roar I missed your last post. Will do and will let you all know what he says. Thanks Malenko - will be donating as well of course !

#492 5 years ago

My shop can now handle overseas order also

This is the right category for all pin2dmd related stuff on my shop:
https://germangamingsupplies.com/RGBPINDMD-Pinball-Displays

#493 5 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

My shop can now handle overseas order also
This is the right category for all pin2dmd related stuff on my shop:
https://germangamingsupplies.com/RGBPINDMD-Pinball-Displays

Yes it can, looking forward to receiving this e order I placed this week now that the mounting brackets are in stock

Just 1 FYI,
American addresses put the house # in front of the street name, like this

Tug MaHogoff
123 main st
Apt 17

The address listed in my email is like
T MaHogoff
Main st 123
Apt 17

The mail carrier will probably figure it out but we try to keep it as easy as possible for our government employees over here

Thanks again!

3 weeks later
#494 5 years ago

I purchased pin2dmd hardware from Rappelbox's website on March 22nd but still haven't received any shipping notification or update. I tried to follow-up via support e-mail and via PM on pinside multiple times with no response so far. Not sure if anyone else has had any issues with this in the past?

Hvy

#495 5 years ago

Im in the same boat, I ordered an unsoldered kit on Mar 19th. To be fair, my order on his site says it could ship as late as 4/19 and has said that since it was placed. I was hoping it would be here by now but it's just one guy doing this, I'm not surprised at all it's taking this long.

#496 5 years ago

Roger - at least I know I'm not alone then. I'm definitely not worried about how long it might take to ship but am concerned since I haven't heard anything after multiple follow-ups (and the site was estimating 9-10 days shipping time for my item). Hopefully the US address didn't throw things off or something.

#497 5 years ago

Would love a plug and play option for this, who is going to sell one?

I want to just install, and power on. Nothing else.

#498 5 years ago
Quoted from Hvyarms:

I purchased pin2dmd hardware from Rappelbox's website on March 22nd but still haven't received any shipping notification or update. I tried to follow-up via support e-mail and via PM on pinside multiple times with no response so far. Not sure if anyone else has had any issues with this in the past?
Hvy

Mine took 4 months. Very happy with it once it finally got here.

#499 5 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

Mine took 4 months. Very happy with it once it finally got here.

Ah that is good to know - hopefully just backlogged then. Thanks!

#500 5 years ago
Quoted from Hvyarms:

Ah that is good to know - hopefully just backlogged then. Thanks!

The first two months were pretty quiet. No response on here or via PM. After 2 months I reached out via Facebook messenger and shortly after that, I got a receipt, then a shipping number. So I tracked it via German Post and after 3 weeks it never came. Dominic looked into it, I'm still not sure if he had to ship me another or if it was found. Another 2 weeks and he said it was shipped. Another 2 weeks and the tracking info was updated as handed over to customs. 5 days later finally in my hands.

Now that I know what goes into the built I might try my hand and ordering preassembled controller boards from a guy here in the US and the panels form China and putting it together myself.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
2,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 89.95
Electronics
Penny K Pinball
Electronics
$ 16.99
Cabinet - Other
Maine Home Recreation
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 649 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/make-street-fighter-ii-great-again/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.