P_20161111_203221 (resized).jpg
kiss-what-you-get_(resized).jpg
Custom_Image1.jpg
Custom_Image.jpg
STERN-PINBALL-WHERESTHECODE-GOMEZ-HULK.png
stern-pinball-swisscheese-avengers.jpg
stern-pinball-avengers-code-requests.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-donate-twd.jpg
Wildfire_Pinball_by_Parker_Brothers,_Copyright_1979_(LED_Handheld_Electronic_Game).jpg
x-men-wolverine-sternpinball.jpg
x-men-vs-spiderman-sternpinball.jpg
avengers-rip.jpg
ST_GettingUpdates.png
wheresthecode-wwe-update-stern-pinball.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-walkaing-dead-carl.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#938 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

This is bullshit. Satire and parody are well known and obvious form of fair use. This is the type of bs that made me not want to "join" pinside in the first place. Only came over here after RGP became a ghost town 2 years ago.
Which moderator did this? And I thought the Dutch disliked Nazi's.
To be consistent the same mod needs to remove the images of the other parody logo t-shirts.

Careful with the Nazi references there. Not cool. At all.

We have made a very clear decision here, which is to follow the legal requests to take down (links to) copyright infringing stuff that was being offered for sale.

Note that we have not closed this thread because protest and fee speech is pretty important for a discussion forum. But this is also a privately owned website and I simply cannot allow people breaking the law and putting the site (and me personally) at risk.

Please try and be respectful to Pinside staff and try to understand that Pinside is not pirate country.

Quoted from Baiter:

Stern has little legal grounds to force Pinside to do anything about an image posted in a public forum, especially since Pinside is (I believe) not even in the U.S. As such I'm a bit baffled that Robin and the mods took action considering what else goes on around here. At this point I'm actually more disturbed by this than Stern's inability to deliver code.

Possibly. Look, I'm not a lawyer. And even if it is, do I want to go there? Keep in mind what this site is about. Being at odds with the biggest manufacturer of pinball machines is not something I am longing for.

Quoted from Jared:

Pinside is an Ally to Stern. They are also an ally to anyone and anything that promotes, expands and increase the world of pinball.

Well, yes. Your posts is pretty much what I was trying to say. Well put, Jared.

Look, I've talked to a lot of the people at Stern and trust me, I've been pretty critical in those talks about a lot of things. I've told them how I hate the LE model and that I am worried about the unfinished code situation. I've told them I disliked the new power button location. Etc. Etc. They were very interested in my criticism and we had great discussions.

In response to the takedown request for the infringing t-shirt design I have had a back and forth with some folks at Stern and I've pressed them that freedom of speech (and the right to protest) is very important, especially in a forum.

Me personally, I think this protest has gotten to a point where it might start to be doing more harm than good. The message has come across, maybe we need to give it some time now. However, if you feel differently, then please know that I have no intent whatsoever to close this thread down IF -and only if- it is kept respectful and not looking to find the boundaries of the law or putting Pinside in a position where it simply does not want to be in.

Thank you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/make-jan-31st-stern-code-post-day?tu=robin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.