P_20161111_203221 (resized).jpg
kiss-what-you-get_(resized).jpg
Custom_Image1.jpg
Custom_Image.jpg
STERN-PINBALL-WHERESTHECODE-GOMEZ-HULK.png
stern-pinball-swisscheese-avengers.jpg
stern-pinball-avengers-code-requests.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-donate-twd.jpg
Wildfire_Pinball_by_Parker_Brothers,_Copyright_1979_(LED_Handheld_Electronic_Game).jpg
x-men-wolverine-sternpinball.jpg
x-men-vs-spiderman-sternpinball.jpg
avengers-rip.jpg
ST_GettingUpdates.png
wheresthecode-wwe-update-stern-pinball.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-walkaing-dead-carl.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I just got a PM that says Stern no longer has the rights to these games, so the can't write new code and modes anyway.
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Excuses. It is a fact that shows clearly over the years that Stern mainly does great code only for games that sell very well (maybe WPT is an exception, have not played the game).

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

And that makes perfect sense.
If you only sold 200 games, you are on the brink of going out of business, and you can't afford to keep your programmer on the payroll - do you keep throwing resources at a game no one wants?
Or do you put your last dollars into trying to stay in business?
-

It is short-sighted for a company in Stern's present condition. A lot of customers don't buy their products anymore. They can afford to have programmer's spend a few months extra on recent neglected titles.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

All new this morning

Who else as wise cracks that I can put together?

stern-facebook6.jpg 45 KB

stern-facebook7.jpg 43 KB

stern-facebook8.jpg 45 KB

Without decent code pinball machines become oversized paperweights.

#106 9 years ago

Ben, you could do that "Old testament, greatest tale ever told" pinball machine you were talking about last year.

1 week later
#340 9 years ago

Stern should have never let Keefer go.

#406 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

While people talk a big game on pinside the fact of the matter is most are just to much of a puss to actually slander stern with a real name attached. Sad really.

I think you are misusing the term "slander". In fact, the way use are misusing it makes you seem biased against the movement.

Stating facts is not "slander".

#412 9 years ago

I didn't know Avengers didn't have the final dots...

The Thor flasher also has a bug.

#445 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The sad thing is the flasher bug on Avengers is fixed already. I thought it would have been released ages ago, even without new dots.

Are you saying they fixed it in the code but did not release it?

3 weeks later
#723 9 years ago

Well WWE Pro code is out! Why isn't this a surprise!!!
stern-deli-counter-wheresthecode.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I am pretty sure the last update for Avengers was Feb. 2013. When they updated their website the dates on the code changed.

#726 9 years ago

If that is the case then it just makes it worst!

Exactly. From memory when I was one of the first people to receive Hulk LE (Dec. 2012 right before Christmas), there was only one code update that followed which was two months after the first deliveries. It is the perfect example of Stern not supporting a game with excellent code if it does not sell great.

I have even sent messages or e-mails to various Stern employees including Gomez and, of course, did not get any response. It was Gomez's game and he is the VP of the company and he did not put up a proper in house fight to get his own game up to par in the software department.

#924 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Gladly.
We told the OP that Stern had raised a copyright infringement notification to Pinside.
In accordance with Pinside rules, once the copyright infringement was properly submitted, Robin considered the request and then decided to remove the links to the t-shirts and logo.
The OP was notified about the reason, which was the logo. He then continued to create different logos that were not much different.
He was then directly told by the Mod Team to stop.
He did not listen, and continued anyway. So he was ejected from his own thread.
He was not ejected for free speech issues. He was ejected because he ignored a directive from the mod staff.
We have been discussing the issue with him, and he will be returning to his own thread.
But when the Mod Staff makes a request regarding a post, please follow it. If you disagree, please feel free to start a moderator feedback thread and we'll be happy to discuss our decision.
We work as a Moderator Staff. There are no lone wolves. We discuss these issues and then we reach an agreement and then act as a team.
I hope this clears the air a bit.
Marcus

So, you are saying he can make a logo with a dot matrix pattern or something like that that is totally different from the Stern logo and it would likely be ok on Pinside?

Something like this should be ok on a t-shirt with free speech and all:

370601.jpg370601.jpg

#926 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

If totally different from the Stern logo, to the point that nobody would confuse it with Stern's logo, then we, the Pinside Moderator Staff, will not interfere. Some of us may even join in the discussion.
Pinside has consistently told copyright holders that we would not be restricting the right of our members to freely express themselves.
As long as the discussions are civil and without personal attacks, we will actually encourage the discourse.
Marcus

Thanks for the clarification and balanced response.

#975 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

The guy at Stern who reads Pinside daily, lol. They see all... know all.
You only think they aren't listening based on actions... "there is no new code, they must not know we want it!" but they see everything... read it...
Now... I do not know if they take it into consideration or not...
But I know that someone on the stern payroll visits this forum (didn't say if it was as a guest or with a troll account) and reads.

There are definitely a couple of Stern troll accounts on Pinside but I am not mentioning any names.

#992 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'll admit, I am the mole.

You wear far too many hats.

#994 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I haven't seen the new shirt design, so I'm afraid I can't answer that. If someone could PM a link, that would be appreciated.

Here it is:

http://teespring.com/new-wheresthecode

Edit: pulled from another pinside post.

#1016 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Do you have any idea of what they do?

You mean settling for mediocrity?

It is either on the management or the programmers.

1 week later
#1392 9 years ago

stern-wheresthecode-sad-cap.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Thanks for not forgetting Avengers.

Code neglect make Hulk feelings hurt.

3 weeks later
#1519 9 years ago

With the way things are looking Avengers code has been shelved. It doesn't mean we can't keep asking...

We definitely need to keep pressing on the Avengers code. Fine tuning should not be limited to games that sell large quantities or have Steve Ritchie as the designer or Lyman as the main programmer.

Sometimes all it takes is one bad buying experience to drive a customer away for good.

#1542 9 years ago

I posted this in the Avengers code thread but thought it also belongs here:

Quoted from DCFAN:

We previously formed a thread for these issues:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-code-wish-list

The things that I feel would improve the game the most are:

-For the Vs. modes, allow the user to go in the settings and select the number of shots required to win each Vs. mode (I believe there is already a setting for the amount of ball save time for Vs. modes which is good, but it would be much more fun to be able to also set in the settings the number of shots required to finish the modes to make them more achievable based on the player's abilities)

-when extra ball is lit make the Black Widow shot send the ball to the Hulk VUK/scoop (make an option in the software for the diverter to divert and send the ball to the Hulk VUK instead of the left habitrail/inlane). Trying to shoot the scoop/hole directly for extra ball is frustrating and pure luck most of the time

-Lower the multipliers that the Nick Fury shot awards by about half (those multipliers are far too unbalanced in relation to the rest of the scoring)

-double the multiplier bonus for the pop bumper lanes to make them more valuable (there are six pop bumper lane lights so it is not easy to rack up those multipliers so why not make them more rewarding)

-combos would add some extra fun to the shot making and since the shots are tight they could be made a little more valuable than most wide open games (the menu system already has placeholders for combos), also initials for combo champion and maybe best combo like in Spider-Man

-Attract sounds when flippers pressed (as simple request)

-Thor flasher bug

-Fix the H target reset problem as described in the posts above

-Battle for Earth add animations

If Stern did those changes to Avengers I would never say another thing about the game needing anything (except if a bug was noticed of course I would let them know).

#1622 9 years ago

More good news from Stern on their facebook page, they acknowledged and thanked us for posting comments regarding the Avengers code ideas and said they will pass them along.

#1689 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

i did that about 30 pages ago. Just amazing that this keeps going on and on. I haven't hurled insults at anyone in here btw.

It goes on and on because we sincerely care about the games and are not all Yes men like some.

#1695 9 years ago

Folks..let's keep our eyes on the ball here.... instead of picking on one another how about you give input on how we could set scoring values to represent code deficiencies and bugs that are not fixed, animations that are missing etc...

I would think the easiest way to score them would be to make a description for each category and order them from 1 to whatever number gets you to a fully coded game.

For example: a rating of 1 could be a game released with minimal code with several inserts or advertised features not coded possibly including at least one wizard mode (may also include some bugs). A rating of 2 would be the next most incomplete description level.
A game like Walking Dead in its present code state is a 1, IMO.

#1706 9 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

lyman.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

He has to be super frustrated to voice that publicly. WOW.

Edit: I still have the image but removed it from the post per request.

#1737 9 years ago
Quoted from nhm:

You idiots do realize that you may be getting your favorite programmer in trouble with his employer by spamming this crap right? Did he give you permission to plaster his comments all over the place? Use a little common sense and decency.
Or....it's fake.

You do realize Lyman can practically write his own contract with just about anybody that is trying to make a pinball machine? He has the most power at Stern in my opinion of all their employees. Even more than Ritchie, especially since Lyman has age on his side.

Lyman and Keefer are the true golden gooses of the hobby.

#1830 9 years ago

It appears they deleted my link on Facebook to the code suggestions for Avengers despite them saying they would be passed along to the design team. It was them that asked for the code suggestions. Same old Stern I guess.

#1833 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Sad to hear.
Maybe they just don't allow links.
I wonder if they would leave it if the list of ideas was copied and pasted instead.
If they deleted that then they are truly back to the same old crap and I'm done with them.

It is strange but now I see the post on facebook.

#1834 9 years ago

What is wrong with this picture? The first one is with me not logged in to facebook. The second one is with me logged in to facebook.
stern2.JPGstern2.JPGstern3.JPGstern3.JPG

3 weeks later
#1934 8 years ago

Avengers and TWD are the clear winners right now in the "need more code" competition.

#1965 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Avengers and TWD are the clear winners right now in the "need more code" competition.

EDIT:
Avengers is the clear winner right now in the "need more code" competition.

1 month later
#2007 8 years ago

The Captain asking Stern Pinball for ‪#‎avengerspinball‬ code updates... ‪#‎wheresthecode‬! Happy Friday Folks.
stern-pinball-avengers-code-requests.jpg

I hope Stern is working on Avengers code like they said on Facebook they were going to do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/make-jan-31st-stern-code-post-day?tu=dcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.