P_20161111_203221 (resized).jpg
kiss-what-you-get_(resized).jpg
Custom_Image1.jpg
Custom_Image.jpg
STERN-PINBALL-WHERESTHECODE-GOMEZ-HULK.png
stern-pinball-swisscheese-avengers.jpg
stern-pinball-avengers-code-requests.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-donate-twd.jpg
Wildfire_Pinball_by_Parker_Brothers,_Copyright_1979_(LED_Handheld_Electronic_Game).jpg
x-men-wolverine-sternpinball.jpg
x-men-vs-spiderman-sternpinball.jpg
avengers-rip.jpg
ST_GettingUpdates.png
wheresthecode-wwe-update-stern-pinball.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-walkaing-dead-carl.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captain_kirk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

SWDE was quickly removed from Stern's site once they realized they did not have the rights to release it, wasn't it?

No, but they programmer's site is still up.

http://www.pinballcode.com

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I looked, but did not see any code I could download.

Looks like you can still buy his "ROM Burning" services for $50 and get the chip mailed to you.

1 week later
#186 9 years ago

Would be funny if Stern dropped a couple of code updates on Friday....to try and blunt this.

#402 9 years ago

Too funny to pass up.....

Stern 1770.jpgStern 1770.jpg
#427 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Star Trek needs a code update. The game (pro) feels polished and complete. But the rules are most not great. This will never be fixed in my opinion. The game needs a complete rewrite to get there. This is not a discussion of code completion however. When the code is completed, it still won't be great.

Star Trek is good now. It will be great with a few bug fixes and lamp implementations. It doesn't need a complete rewrite.

#642 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Stern is like a broken record...while they're spinning the line "we are working on it" "we're working on it" where's the "here's the code" here's the code". Actions speak louder than words...and Stern....well they might as well shout that line right now because they are not delivering.

This is Ritchie talking, not Stern's PR.

His updates led up to the 1.5 release. It was much appreciated, and I trust him.

2 weeks later
#715 9 years ago

Well WWE Pro code is out! Why isn't this a surprise!!!
stern-deli-counter-wheresthecode.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Last code update for Star Trek was August 31st, 2014

There never was an update for Star Trek in April.

#717 9 years ago

I have no idea where they got that date.

Read me file for 1.5 says August 26th, but that's just when it was written. Code was released August 31st.

Prior code was a minor one released in February.

#787 9 years ago

Ordered my Star Trek Premium today!

First NIB!

Not worried about the code on this one. I know Ritchie will deliver.

#789 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I agree, they will deliver.
But the timetable leaves something to be desired.

Not going to argue that. I support the idea behind this thread, but I'm not going to boycott my first NIB or anything. Humorous prodding can be effective, IMHO.

#792 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Congrats on your purchase.
I own one and love it.
Just drumming my fingers every day waiting for it to get better.

I can't wait to get it!

#816 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I am a large software group.
I think you are taking this all too personally.

I's say by his avatar, he has short man syndrome, and really bad since you're the Tall Man!

#854 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Which charity is the money going to?

How about my 2nd pinball machine fund?

#949 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ritchie's not programming the game. He said code was coming the week after Expo in October '14. It's now March '15. The game came out December '13 and there are STILL features on that Premium that do absolutely NOTHING. You just took a very expensive risk despite knowing the reality of the situation. Odd, but it's your money.

Yes, I know Ritchie is not programming the code. He has promised the code will be finished, and Star Trek will be the ONLY pin he has in his house. That is enough for me to purchase this great pin.

Since you seem interested in concerning yourself with my choices, I will insert myself into yours. You will be kicking yourself for selling your game while I'm playing it with finished code.

#950 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

And another person perpetuates the issue. The question is how soon will he bitch about the code not being done?

Answer:

I won't be.

#968 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Actually, it's been almost a full year. V1.5 was released on 4-6-14. Simply inexcusable.

1.5 was released on August 29th.

The date on Stern's webpage is incorrect.

#972 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

So 330 days x 800 LEs times God-knows how many Klingon multiballs played since then... assuming the laser fails to shut off after around half of those.. that's a whole lotta unnecessary wear and tear on the laser assemblies, not to mention the fact it basically SPOILS THE ONE COOL EXCLUSIVE ITEM IN THE LE THAT CURRENTLY WORKS AT ALL! For a freakin YEAR!
Yea Stern, you suck. I guess I could install the older version, but that one sucks in different ways.
Robin, feel free to forward to Gary, Steve and anyone else over there who will listen.

Not exclusive to the LE. Premium has laser too.

#1003 9 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Just unbelieveable that they have over 6 programmers and the code is this bad.

But that's only 2 teams. Lyman and everyone else.

#1014 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

From the lack of coding, high prices, bugs, and facebook deletions, it's a real wonder they are still in business.

Not just in business, but thriving. High prices? Does JJP have a 5K option? Nope. Facebook deletions? Who cares, you think that costs them sales?

You're only legitimate gripe is code.

#1019 9 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Just be prepared that one possible explination is that the new Spike system is all that Stern cares about. They might not be looking backwards at supporting ANY past games at this point (Twd, St), but they are not sure how to communicate this to the public. So they remain silent. This may explain a lot. Hope u guys like nothin but lots of wrestling code updates on Spike! Spike buried all our favorite titles

Patently untrue.

#1026 9 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

I'm not saying the programmers want to but if company policy says Spike is our future we must draw the line somewhere, then programmers have no choice but to comply going forward and cut all ties to older/obsolete software. Ah well, At least Star Wars 2015 is on Spike system. I suggest customers look only forward from now on

That's just simply not true.

Code updates are in the works for Star Trek and TWD as we speak.

#1031 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Speak faster.

That'sjustsimplynottrue.CodeupdatesareintheworksforStarTrekandTWDaswespeak.

#1093 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Unused flashers is hardly a "bug" and definitely not a priority to stop production on new games to address. If Stern puts a giant monkey with a flasher up it's butt in every game and doesn't use it, that's their choice. You can call it a bad choice, a bug, bad business, or whatever. Expectations are just that - expectations. Putting down $8k or $9k for a LE does not grant you those expectations. You buy the product Stern is selling good or bad.

Horsesh*t!

#1094 9 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I'm hoping Steve talks about progress on the ST code at the TPF in a few weeks. About 3-4 months ago he mentioned it at the DPO in Europe and stated the game was broken as is. I still like playing it as is but I wish they would finish it.

His next sentence was that it would be fixed, and when it was, it would be the only Pinball game in his house.

That's all I needed to hear.

#1122 9 years ago

There is zero consistency is why people get booted from threads.

I've called people jackasses and worse and not got booted, and other times making a joke about their political party gets you booted.

#1124 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I have to agree with you, the mods should consistently boot you from threads!

If it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander.

#1140 9 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

let's see if that happens............ Obama and Christie walk into a bar....

LOL!

1 week later
#1336 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't know when it's coming out, and I haven't asked or anything, but I doubt they'd be doing such public beta testing if they weren't thinking soon.
And Stern reads pinside, believe that, so don't worry if you can't post on Facebook. Frankly your message is more likely to be seen in a Star Trek thread here than in a Facebook post.

Agreed.

When Stern starts posting on Facebook about a code update, it seems to come fairly soon after. Less than a month from now, my guess.

#1362 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think their plan after the august 2013 release was at least 2 more updates. They do have a lot to fix so I could see it maybe happening this way.
Rob

I think you mean 2014.

#1384 9 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

They said on PAPA tv
ST
Metallica
AC/DC
Walking Dead
CSI
all got new code

I believe Laser War is getting an update too.

#1394 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Love it. You should add the same for 5 year mission in ST. All the code talk around that potential update and it sounds like it still has no dots.

You have to wait 5 years for the 5 year mission dots.

#1409 9 years ago

Just crack it open with Pinball Browser and look for new dots!

3 weeks later
#1505 9 years ago

This just in!

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg
#1639 9 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

Operators are still their main market.

agentjohnson-440x205.jpgagentjohnson-440x205.jpg
#1645 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

How well a game is supported code wise by Stern appears to be tied directly to a games sales numbers. That's bad business in my opinion. If you are going to charge people $5k-$8k for a pinball machine of all things then guarantee a deep and complete ruleset regardless of a games sale numbers.
Also, the games that are not supported as well code wise appear to be those that lack a the licenses original voices and music. Stern should not make a game where they cannot get the themes original voices, sound, music, etc. If I'm going to drop $5k-$8k on a licensed theme pinball machine I want to feel like I'm in the themes world while playing the game...random voice actors that don't sound like the themes characters don't do that.
A big reason why LOTR, MET, ACDC, TSPP and ST are so well liked is because they feature actual sounds from the license. Take that away and none of those games wouldn't have sold nearly as well or be ranked where they are today.

Yup. I would never buy a pin with fake actor voices. I don't care how good the game or theme is. The experience is crap once the phonies come on.

#1672 9 years ago
Quoted from trickpony:

Well, it isn't really Nimoy's voice on ST is it?

Spock Prime, or Old Spock, was not sampled in the game, so your comment is moot.

#1673 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Cue desperate "but what I really meant to say is..." in 3...2...1...

Uh, no. See above.

#1736 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

We may still see a code update. Just not near the level that Lyman would want it to be.
Sure glad I chose to purchase a Star Trek and not TWD now.

+100

Back in January, when I got hooked on the Walking Dead by burning through it on Netflix, I briefly considered getting TWD pin instead of Star Trek. After playing it, I realized I didn't like it all that much, and decided to keep my faith in Ritchie that the code would get finished. So glad I did.

After 1.6, suddenly Star Trek is hip again!

#1779 9 years ago
Quoted from erak:

To all the posts saying Stern has turned a new leaf regarding code...
I say, nothing has changed. ST still has bugs, TWD, Avengers, ACDC, Xmen are all still incomplete or have bugd.
But I bet it will in a few months when their next game doesn't sell well. And they have to budget for the overhead of their new facility.
Along with WWE sales being extremely low. As well as a few other past pins not being finished and poor sales.
I think the expense of their move and bad sales (due to their own misguided licences and code issues, and customer disappointment)
Are going to come back and bite them in the @$#.
I think collectors and operators are finally starting to realize that they are paying more for a cheaper made product with less features and more code delays than they did a few years ago.
I hope this trend will not continue. If it does, I think Stern saying pinball is making a comeback so lets expand will
Be a huge mistake on their part.
Its unfortunate, but I honestly think Stern as a company is doing more to hurt pinball than to help it (at the moment)
At least in customers and collectors eyes. Most talk, gossip, opinions are all negative currently
A lack of trust that games will get finished, a lack of quality. And a increased price.
Employees calling them out publicly on code.
And customers calling them out on code.
I know people will disagree, and argue that Stern is pinballs greatest asset.
However a lot of owners are finished with how they operate. I talk to a local operator and he will not purchase any new sterns. As he told me " because they are overpriced, constantly breaking cheap pieces of $@#%!. With garbage themes."
Stern has no one to blame for this but themselves.

LOL!

Care to pass what you're smoking?

#1817 9 years ago

Star Trek is one of the simplest modern pins to "just play" for a newbie. I have witnessed this many times with since purchasing this game with people of all ages.

It is also very deep for the home owner.

The only thing really hard about it is selecting a new mission, but newbies don't really understand modes anyway. Three Vengeance games and KM are available without having to start a mission. Plenty to do.

Stating that Star Trek is too hard to figure out for newbies is laughingly idiotic.

#1823 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

For all the posts saying that people are complaining that ST is too complicated...
You are taking things too literally.
Its not too complicated for collectors or pinheads. I think its one of the best recent games. With deep rules.
But for my friends that are not into pinball. ( they Like it, but dont own any) They get lost on what needs to be done to get the higher scores. They think it looks and sounds awesome and are amazed at what it does, watching when I play it.
They gravitate to IM and my pinbot. As they are simple to understand.
No one is complaining that ST is too complex. And needs to be dumbed down.
Just stating the facts that there is so much to do and so many ways to do it that it is hard for new players to grasp.
And no one is saying its a bad thing. If they were more into the rules than just getting hitting the ship. They would like it even more.
The operator I know just doesn't like the fact that he has to keep moving it from location to location so it keeps earning. As it slows down after a bit and the older pins with less difficulty keep earning, or earn more.
He thinks its because of the difficulty it poses to non pinball people.

I already disputed you earlier comment with real world experience. There is nothing for you to rebuke. You're wrong.

#1878 8 years ago

There's no Kool-Aid with Star Trek. It's a great game.

#1880 8 years ago

Depends on what you like playing. Star Trek is very structured, and I like that. The structure of the modes, along with the color coordination of the shots, makes it very easy to explain to newbies. I want fresh blood in Pinball. Star Trek is a great gateway drug.

#1889 8 years ago

Can you make a meme for Parker Brothers? I'm still waiting on them to fix some bugs in their code too.

Wildfire_Pinball_by_Parker_Brothers,_Copyright_1979_(LED_Handheld_Electronic_Game).jpgWildfire_Pinball_by_Parker_Brothers,_Copyright_1979_(LED_Handheld_Electronic_Game).jpg

2 weeks later
#1904 8 years ago

Star Trek 1.7?

#1915 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Enough with this nonsense. There are tons of other games to "polish" before ST. What gives it up most priority?
image.jpg

Seriously? I've been one of the biggest supporters of Star Trek, and not a whiner about its code. Star Trek is awesome now! Could it use a final release to squash bugs/polish? Yes. Was just politely poking.

Jeez.

Unknown.jpegUnknown.jpeg
#1916 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Come on. Star Trek is awesome now.

Yes. Like I own it. Star Trek is in great shape. It no longer warrants complaints. It's comments like this that hurt this movement.

See above.

#1924 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I find it crazy that some people say one game does not need new code because their game has not been updated in awhile.
Any new code is good for everybody. I could care less if it is for game A,B,or C.

Far too much common sense for Pinside......

#1938 8 years ago

stern-pinball-wheresthecode-big-zero.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

There's been code updates since launch.

#1940 8 years ago

Then they should get their dates in order on their website. Last update was November 29th, 2014. In 9 days from now...it will have been 7 months since last update.

The time from last update doesn't mean time from launch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Oklahoma City, OK
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captain_kirk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/make-jan-31st-stern-code-post-day?tu=captain_kirk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.