P_20161111_203221 (resized).jpg
kiss-what-you-get_(resized).jpg
Custom_Image1.jpg
Custom_Image.jpg
STERN-PINBALL-WHERESTHECODE-GOMEZ-HULK.png
stern-pinball-swisscheese-avengers.jpg
stern-pinball-avengers-code-requests.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-donate-twd.jpg
Wildfire_Pinball_by_Parker_Brothers,_Copyright_1979_(LED_Handheld_Electronic_Game).jpg
x-men-wolverine-sternpinball.jpg
x-men-vs-spiderman-sternpinball.jpg
avengers-rip.jpg
ST_GettingUpdates.png
wheresthecode-wwe-update-stern-pinball.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-walkaing-dead-carl.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bemmett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#159 9 years ago

whersthecode looks way better, I kept getting confused looking at original as well

What's a hash tag?

#166 9 years ago

Still need to change "of" to "to" in the image

#349 9 years ago

So to get this straight are we just supposed to harass them on Facebook with these pictures and posts that they'll just delete? I'm happy to try but I think I already got banned for comments on Walking Dead code not too long back. Or is there some other way to get to them where they can't delete it all?

Sorry I am social media idiot, I have Facebook down a little but and that is about it, never used a Twitter or anything else.

3 weeks later
#708 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Tell you what John1210...how about you "like" the facebook page

That might show a picture of the troll.........troll no like pictures!

troll.jpgtroll.jpg

#781 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I ordered one.....good for charity if nothing else....but I hope it is good for something else.

As shown by Stern's very immediate monitoring and removal of anything remotely negative on Facebook they are very sensitive to any negative criticism that hits the masses. The more of this showing up on and around anything will make them take that much more notice, shows are one of those avenues especially if they are there to show off new products/games. Keep up the good work, it will reach them eventually and when it starts hitting their bottom lines maybe they'll take it more seriously. I'm all for any effort, there actions are inexcusable in my opinion on the code, they lost sales from me in the last year I promise that!

#803 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

That's just not true. I very recently moved a group of my best programmers to implement a number of important game features to another studio just before release. They had never seen the code base and added a number of key improvements in less than a month. The game is a huge success and has captured the number one position in it's category.

I agree, my experience in IT and programming from my past days we used to intentionally bring in "outside programmers" on people's completed code for our products to critique and help tweak/modify.

It doesn't have to be a battle at Stern, if the original programmers don't like it then they probably are asshats that need a reality check anyway(Lyman excluded as he is a god).

They can still bring in the original designers and likely would have to for help and reference but no reason they can't add people to finish old code, in fact it probably would help bring new or fresh ideas to the table

#947 9 years ago

I want to know what shows Gary will be at this year, is there any schedule of this? Stern themselves usually is represented by Marco at most shows it seems(At least here in CO that seems to be the case last few years)?

#959 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

16 people at a pinball show is not "mainstream"

Well I'm sure every movement in the world started with 100 or 1,000 or 1,000,000 people being involved from the start. NO, doesn't work that way

Most things have to start smaller and grow from there. This is a good start and hopefully it grows from there.

My personal example is I chose not to buy the last 3 Sterns NIB(I almost certainly would have bought 2 of them if I wasn't sick of Stern code issues and getting burned repeatedly) and I had bought the previous 5 before that. I got sick of code issues and Stern lost my business for now. Me buying someone elses game down the road does not benefit Stern's sales of that game, they lost business. In addition I talked 2 friends out of buying a NIB Stern that they wanted and one purchase some B/W games instead and another bought an older Stern game with code done. To say Stern doesn't care and it doesn't matter is BS, they will feel it eventually cause I guarantee there are many like me and it will only grow if they don't get their shit together. That is not even mentioning that other/new manufacturers are releasing games this year which further cuts into their market. Stern will feel it and better hear it.

I applaud any and all efforts to get their attention no matter how big or small.

#1153 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Stern does not have to do exactly what our company does.
They only have to keep their front lawn clean, lol.

Here is my opinion of Stern's front yard right now related to code updates

funny-poop.jpgfunny-poop.jpg

1 year later
#2071 7 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

If you are going to be helpful... the right way to do this in my opinion; it to have a set of Pinside threads, one for each game.
Post 1 needs to have critical bug fixes required listed.
Post 2 needs to have missing features (such as inserts that do nothing)
Post 3 needs be "easy" but simple improvements.
Post 4 "nice to haves" / "rule extensions"
Post 1 needs to have a "overall" grade as to completeness of code so that would-be-owners can get a quick assessment of code status. It also helps "parents" (read: stern management) assess how badly their children are doing at school.
You need to be specific so these items could be put into Sterns "defect database" easily - If that database exists.
Have one "owner" of the machine sign up to be 'bug czar' leader whom is responsible to keep the thread up-to-date and is gate keeper for any changes to the list.
Then have the "team leader" create graphics with QRCodes which point to the game-specific threads which is then shared on social media like was done or is still being done with flashinstincts' social media pages.

Some good ideas although sounds hard to achieve with the amount of "static and BS" that goes on in every thread for people who are trying to address a real topic. Hopefully some people can/will step up to do this for each Stern title, I'm happy to provide my bitch list for all the games I have/had. Getting pretty sick of Stern's lack of attention to code

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
16,500 (Firm)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bemmett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/make-jan-31st-stern-code-post-day?tu=bemmett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.