P_20161111_203221 (resized).jpg
kiss-what-you-get_(resized).jpg
Custom_Image1.jpg
Custom_Image.jpg
STERN-PINBALL-WHERESTHECODE-GOMEZ-HULK.png
stern-pinball-swisscheese-avengers.jpg
stern-pinball-avengers-code-requests.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-donate-twd.jpg
Wildfire_Pinball_by_Parker_Brothers,_Copyright_1979_(LED_Handheld_Electronic_Game).jpg
x-men-wolverine-sternpinball.jpg
x-men-vs-spiderman-sternpinball.jpg
avengers-rip.jpg
ST_GettingUpdates.png
wheresthecode-wwe-update-stern-pinball.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-walkaing-dead-carl.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#690 9 years ago

I thought X-Men was pretty much complete at this point?

I don't know if everyone will ever agree on calling a games code 100% complete.....we just need a solid 95% consensus. ST is about 85%....and still a ton of fun...but not complete. I waited on getting one but I'm glad I did get one.

#701 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Its amazing how much this thread has positively impacted the pinball community and motivated Stern and other companies to act on the current abomination that is the code famine.
I've just installed all the new code that was released in the last couple of weeks into all of my games. Also I was happy to receive that letter of apology from Gary directly. What would we have done without you Flash? you are truly an innovator, a mover, a thinker if you will. And all the while pushing your successful campaign you have refused to enter that devils lair of negativity. Kudos to you and your positive affect on the pinball community.

As opposed to all the positive help and support you've provided to this hobby.

#746 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

magic girl and zombie are in "production",

Yeah....No, they are complete an utter "vapor ware" at this point.

#780 9 years ago

I ordered one.....good for charity if nothing else....but I hope it is good for something else.

#979 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I wouldn't know what names to mention, only that they exist. If you meet the guys from Stern at any pinball show they wont even deny it. Come on, no-one really thinks that the #1 pinball company would not read the #1 pinball website?

Well then we need to make sure this topic STAYS on the 1st page until something starts to change......no matter how long that takes.

Should be simple enough; look how long that stupid Lionman thread has stayed alive!

#1078 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Here is your new Hitler video you requested. Enjoy.
» YouTube video

People who speak fluent German must think these are so weird.

#1260 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Here is a screenshot for any doubters out there.

Facebook2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Excellent!

#1289 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

stern-wherse-the-code-star-trek-beta.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Jesus....it's not a rumor....people (and some locations) are testing it already.

#1294 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

but now the "if this is all true" seems out of place ...

Right....."others" are testing this code right now.....not in the future.

#1295 9 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I have Vowed to only spend my money on pin's that I can enjoy now and not on "what they could be with a great code update". Problem solved for me. Stern puts out a product that sells like hot cakes with unfinished code time and time again. If they are selling pins why change this? I refused all the new pins due to this. Maybe if they update Star Trek with great code I may buy one. If there is non left, then i buy used....simple. Some guys throw money with high expectations just to be let down time and time again. I have saved much money with this Vow

I bought ST more than a year after it came out. It's a great game right now. Top 20 is no slouch (Well 18 for the LE and 26 for the Pro...which is silly). I enjoy it very much and have been playing it for over four months straight.

Updated code will just make this great pin even better....hopefully.

#1344 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You won't find me defending Stern's code practices. But at the same time, it will be ready when it's ready. They're beta testing it, and even publicly. If some of us are sending in suggestions and bug reports they should feel like they have the time to read and address them, and not push towards some arbitrary release date.
I'm fine with that, it's the dead silence about things even being worked on that irks me. Just say you're really doing it and I'll wait. Don't make us guess.

I can agree with at least that, but.......

Why not just release the BETA? Announce that it is indeed beta and may have bugs, let us all test it for you. Software companies do it every damn day. It's a simple usb update and if it's really buggy we can always revert right back to the previous code until it's updated again.

#1397 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Love it. You should add the same for 5 year mission in ST. All the code talk around that potential update and it sounds like it still has no dots.

Has that actually been confirmed? It's not like you can walk up to an ST and just get to 5 year mission.
Unless someone has gone there with the glass off....but I have not seen any reports on that.

#1403 9 years ago
Quoted from spideynhb:

I would love a new IM code!!!

To do what? I think it plays fantastic! Maybe make DoD Mulitball actually achievable by mere mortals.....but I'm not overly concerned about crazy stupid hard to reach wizard modes. Just one's that are difficult to achieve and even harder to maximize the payoff.....like regular DoD with 2x scoring running.

#1404 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

There are several home beta testers. They have not advised of 5 year being updated and it's been asked several times and it sounds like it's not included in this update so far.

So there is no confirmation that 5 year mission has no dots..........check.

1 month later
#1858 8 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Fast forward a few years and the game is no longer the newest and shiniest, and reality sets in that you own an average-ish game that you paid premium prices for.

ST is one of the best pinball machines ever made..............ever.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/make-jan-31st-stern-code-post-day?tu=astropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.