P_20161111_203221 (resized).jpg
kiss-what-you-get_(resized).jpg
Custom_Image1.jpg
Custom_Image.jpg
STERN-PINBALL-WHERESTHECODE-GOMEZ-HULK.png
stern-pinball-swisscheese-avengers.jpg
stern-pinball-avengers-code-requests.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-donate-twd.jpg
Wildfire_Pinball_by_Parker_Brothers,_Copyright_1979_(LED_Handheld_Electronic_Game).jpg
x-men-wolverine-sternpinball.jpg
x-men-vs-spiderman-sternpinball.jpg
avengers-rip.jpg
ST_GettingUpdates.png
wheresthecode-wwe-update-stern-pinball.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-walkaing-dead-carl.jpg
There are 2,075 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 42.
#1451 9 years ago

I just want to say that this is a great grass roots old fashioned protest.
I hope it works.

#1452 9 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

I hope it works.

Well the pinball cards got downloaded 300 times so I sure hope people use them ! :O

#1453 9 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

I hope it works.

I think it has! Keep up the good fight Flash.

#1454 9 years ago

And just in time for TPF
wheresthecode-donors.jpgwheresthecode-donors.jpg

#1455 9 years ago

Did anyone ending up using their instruction cards or wear their shirts at TPF?

#1456 9 years ago

Was there any talk at TPF about code?

#1457 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Did anyone ending up using their instruction cards or wear their shirts at TPF?

No cards from what I've seen. I am wearing my shirt and have been asked about it a lot. Ironically, the vendors seem to be the most interested.

St code coming out seems to have calmed the storm. A shame as there are many more games out there needing work and if people drop off after one update for a game I doubt progress will be made.

#1458 9 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Was there any talk at TPF about code?

Apparently not!

#1459 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

No cards from what I've seen. I am wearing my shirt and have been asked about it a lot. Ironically, the vendors seem to be the most interested.
St code coming out seems to have calmed the storm. A shame as there are many more games out there needing work and if people drop off after one update for a game I doubt progress will be made.

Pics (shirt) or it didn't happen!

#1460 9 years ago

Pics (shirt) or it didn't happen!

bored waiting for my tournament to start (thus why I'm even on here). Here you go though.

I was told by someone that does a pinball magazine that he took my pic while playing a game and sent it to Gary. He didn't share his response though. We talked (constructively) about it for a couple of mins. Maybe it will show in their magazine.

2015-03-28 17.39.01.jpg2015-03-28 17.39.01.jpg

#1461 9 years ago

I'll be wearing my gold one at allentown

#1462 9 years ago

I missed out on the original batch, signed up for the hopeful second run. Would love to have them for Allentown.

#1463 9 years ago

Is this great logo for download in good resolution ?
I am located in Germany and it becomes cheaper to order a printed t-shirt here than shipping it from the US !
We will participiate ... German folks are also waiting for code !

TWD is boring without finished code .... I am just happy that MET is okay !
I thought about buying this wrestling thing ... but will wait for the code ...

#1464 9 years ago

I can give out the vector logo. I'll post the link soon.

#1465 9 years ago

As promised. You want to make your own shirts, cards, posters, trading cards etc.... here is the logo in vector format with multiple options.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/f5o2kp2fme2yeoy/wheresthecode-logo.zip

Logo color
logo-color.jpglogo-color.jpg

logo with letters knockout (black)
logo-black-knockout.jpglogo-black-knockout.jpg

logo with letters knockout (white)
logo-white-knockout.jpglogo-white-knockout.jpg

logo reversed black lettering
logo-black-rev.jpglogo-black-rev.jpg

logo with white lettering
logo-white.jpglogo-white.jpg

#1466 9 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I missed out on the original batch, signed up for the hopeful second run. Would love to have them for Allentown.

http://teespring.com/new-wheresthecode (relaunched for allentown as per request) but for some reason sales must reach 30. In other words we need to sell 17 of these. Let your friends know.

All profits will go to charity.

#1467 9 years ago

http://teespring.com/new-wheresthecode (relaunched for allentown as per request) but for some reason sales must reach 30. In other words we need to sell 17 of these. Let your friends know.
All profits will go to charity.

I have 2 of them ordered, may order a couple more.

#1468 9 years ago

So what all happened at TPF? We didn't see a single card? Who else wore shirts? Did any manufacturers take notice/ask questions?

#1469 9 years ago

I requested pics and received one seems stern as calmed the masses with the release of St code. It's onlya matter of time before people start bitching again at TWD and WWE.

#1470 9 years ago

I requested pics and received one seems stern as calmed the masses with the release of St code. It's onlya matter of time before people start bitching again at TWD and WWE.

I honestly believe that this drive was a success, things got moving awfully quick when the words 'Texas Pinball Festival' and 'T-shirts' were brought up, lol. Hard to believe it's a coincidence.

#1471 9 years ago

I wore my T-shirt on Friday, but changed before going to see Gary's talk.

Only comment I got was "you have guts to wear that, man"

Didn't see any cards.

#1474 9 years ago

Well would you look at that! I'm glad to see people wore them.

#1475 9 years ago

Hulk not happy it's april fools' day!
wheres-the-code-stern-hulk.jpgwheres-the-code-stern-hulk.jpg

#1476 9 years ago

I'll wear mine and be happy to ask respectful questions to Stern employees at events.

I am not happy with the lack of communication surrounding code. ST update is nice, but it still took a year to polish and we still have ZERO idea of what other games may/may not get polish and when that may happen...

#1477 9 years ago

The cap is not happy either

wheres-the-code-stern-cap.jpgwheres-the-code-stern-cap.jpg
#1479 9 years ago

^ can u make a zombie version of that .. knowing that newer code exists for TWD is driving me crazy

#1480 9 years ago

How about like this? The new world is going to need Rick Gr....arghh I mean new code!!!
wheres-the-code-rickgrimes.jpgwheres-the-code-rickgrimes.jpg

#1481 9 years ago

Amazing .. worth a bump

#1482 9 years ago

I did see several people wearing the shirts at the TPF, kudos to those that did.

I also find it very telling that Stern went from a Stern code hiatus to several updates being released or tested at PAPA and a little more communication on Stern's Facebook. Thanks, flashinstinct!

I don't have any games affected by this and I don't really plan to buy any any time soon. I still think it's a worthwhile effort. All I can do is try to get Pinballz to update their machines with what's already out... They picked up a Walking Dead at the TPF and it's still running launch code.

Luckily, Buffalo Billiards in Austin updates their stuff ASAP so I've got a Metallica, ST, and Walking Dead with the latest to play.

#1483 9 years ago

GET YOUR SHIRTS FOR ALLENTOWN, PINBALL AT THE ZOO, PIN A GOGO, THE LONDON CHAMPIONSHIPS etc.

tshirts.jpgtshirts.jpg

http://teespring.com/new-wheresthecode

Now is not the time to sit idle. Stern still has a few games to fix that are still in the backlog.

#1484 9 years ago

I just realized that by Stern releasing 3 titles a year and then releasing code updates every 6 months that they now release new games quicker then substantial code updates...That's ridiculous. Like others have said I wonder if the issue is Stern programmers not receiving enough time to work on code before being moved to new projects.

Also, March 22nd marked 2 years since the last substantial ACDC code update.

#1485 9 years ago

I had hope that they were introducing VE pins for 1 of their 3 pins per year. I thought this would give them a little breathing room to be able to offer more complete code on the 2 new titles they release per year. It doesn't look like that's their strategy.

#1486 9 years ago

My walking dead is starting to gather dust. Getting pretty sick of waiting for some code.

#1487 9 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

My Walking Dead is starting to gather dust. Getting pretty sick of waiting for some code.

Really, I have been playing it almost everyday since I got it in Feb.
Just frickin love it!

#1488 9 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Really, I have been playing it almost everyday since I got it in Feb.
Just frickin love it!

Don't get me wrong. I like it. It's just that its so obvious how weak the current code is after a while. It feels like I'm playing a beta code pinball.

#1489 9 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Don't get me wrong. I like it. It's just that its so obvious how weak the current code is after a while. It feels like I'm playing a beta code pinball.

Which version of TWD do you have? I looking long and hard at my next one and have serious thoughts abut this or Met for my next one

#1490 9 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Which version of TWD do you have? I looking long and hard at my next one and have serious thoughts abut this or Met for my next one

Easy answer..until code is polished you are always better off getting a game with finished code and in this case MET is a well rounded of game.

#1491 9 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I have the Pro and Metallica, IMHO, the shot layout is fairly similar. So similar that I'm selling my walking dead. I have confidence that the code will be there eventually. But I'm going with the finished product for now. I may eventually miss it. I do love the theme.

#1492 9 years ago

Go with Mettalica. Better layout, better code, no hick call outs.

#1493 9 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

I don't feel that at all, but I am still trying to break 100 mil

#1494 9 years ago

A few hours left on this batch of shirts
http://teespring.com/new-wheresthecode All profits go to charity.

#1495 9 years ago

Haha got my shirt. Think we should make b/w cards that say "this is not a newer stern, so play knowing the code is finished" or cards saying the code is finished. If I was selling a game I'd put a card in claiming code is complete for non new Stern games.

#1496 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Haha got my shirt. Think we should make b/w cards that say "this is not a newer stern, so play knowing the code is finished" or cards saying the code is finished. If I was selling a game I'd put a card in claiming code is complete for non new Stern games.

Like this?

pinball-cards-wheresthecode-03.pngpinball-cards-wheresthecode-03.png

#1497 9 years ago

Take your blinders off, not EVERY b/w game is complete/bug free. Cactus canyon? CCC would not have been such a big deal if the game was finished.

Bug free? For STTNG I just found out about a bug in the time rift mode, and I have had the game more than a decade.

Stern has pushed the limits certainly, but I would not be harping particulary hard on games like AC/DC. Yes, some recent releases have been atrociously supported. But as I and others have pointed out, vote with your wallets (I think almost everybody is on board with that).

This movement also will hopefully keep the message up:

your beta unfinished code is costing sales

It is too easy for Stern to say "I guess games X, Y, and Z are duds" rather than "our customers our sick of beta testing our $5-10K toys".

#1498 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Take your blinders off, not EVERY b/w game is complete/bug free. Cactus canyon? CCC would not have been such a big deal if the game was finished.

I beleive TOTAN is widely thought of as unfinished as well

#1499 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I beleive TOTAN is widely thought of as unfinished as well

True. Lots of games have bugs, but very few older titles have non working inserts.

AC/DC as great as it is still has cannon modes that are on the inserts and do not work.

#1500 9 years ago

TWD talk - I think saying the current code on TWD is decent. The problem with it though is that it's not real intuitive as to what a player needs to do to get some of the modes going. I do think Stern will get the code solid on this game and with good code I think it could be a really fun title. With that said, I still feel that MET is more fun to play. Just feels like you have so much more to do.

All - As much as I love this movement. Over the past couple of weeks I've come to a realizations. The "where's the code Stern" really should be changed to just "Where's the code". That was one thing that I did mention in conversations with people about my shirt at TPF. Stern is obviously the most agregious example of code challenges but I think the idea of this movement expands to other MFG as well. For example - BOP 2.0 is still missing several key features of the code. They are working on it and I'm sure it will come but it's just as incomplete as TWD and Wrestlemania is today. AMH has some bugs in it to. I also think they will get things fixed. This is just a few examples but I really do think that we should incorporate all MFG's into this vs singling out Stern at this point.

P.S. - Anyone else find it a bit amusing that Whoah Nellie has some code tweaks still pending that will be worked on? I just found that a bit amusing that there is a code update needed on a game that is based off an EM machine. Not trying to poke the bear but that made me chuckle a bit when I heard about that. If there was one game that should ship with complete code (across all MGF's) it should be a game based off an EM machine that is trying to mimic an EM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

There are 2,075 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/make-jan-31st-stern-code-post-day/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.