P_20161111_203221 (resized).jpg
kiss-what-you-get_(resized).jpg
Custom_Image1.jpg
Custom_Image.jpg
STERN-PINBALL-WHERESTHECODE-GOMEZ-HULK.png
stern-pinball-swisscheese-avengers.jpg
stern-pinball-avengers-code-requests.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-donate-twd.jpg
Wildfire_Pinball_by_Parker_Brothers,_Copyright_1979_(LED_Handheld_Electronic_Game).jpg
x-men-wolverine-sternpinball.jpg
x-men-vs-spiderman-sternpinball.jpg
avengers-rip.jpg
ST_GettingUpdates.png
wheresthecode-wwe-update-stern-pinball.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-walkaing-dead-carl.jpg
There are 2,075 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 42.
#1401 9 years ago

There is a reason why it is called Beta testing, you have to be sure it's done

Take a Beta Testing.pngTake a Beta Testing.png

#1402 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

How much beta testing does one code update need? Just asking..

Lots. Serious answer. Think about a game like Star Trek, with all the branching paths. Well you can get situations where the double scoring is broken here if you complete this part first, but not if you do this. Pinball code is complicated.

#1403 9 years ago
Quoted from spideynhb:

I would love a new IM code!!!

To do what? I think it plays fantastic! Maybe make DoD Mulitball actually achievable by mere mortals.....but I'm not overly concerned about crazy stupid hard to reach wizard modes. Just one's that are difficult to achieve and even harder to maximize the payoff.....like regular DoD with 2x scoring running.

#1404 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

There are several home beta testers. They have not advised of 5 year being updated and it's been asked several times and it sounds like it's not included in this update so far.

So there is no confirmation that 5 year mission has no dots..........check.

#1405 9 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

They said on PAPA tv
ST
Metallica
AC/DC
Walking Dead
CSI
all got new code

Is this true?

#1406 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

To do what? I think it plays fantastic! Maybe make DoD Mulitball actually achievable by mere mortals.....but I'm not overly concerned about crazy stupid hard to reach wizard modes. Just one's that are difficult to achieve and even harder to maximize the payoff.....like regular DoD with 2x scoring running.

Yeah...this one kind of lost me too...

Maybe the only update would to be eliminating the call out:

"Obadiah, he's gone insa-"

#1407 9 years ago

Someone take the glass off and handball the new code to see what the deal is with the 5 year mission. I vote Aurich.

#1408 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Someone take the glass off and handball the new code...

Somehow this just doesn't sound right...LOL

#1409 9 years ago

Just crack it open with Pinball Browser and look for new dots!

#1410 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Is this true?

I fear the ACDC update will be little more then bug fixes I hope I'm wrong.

It's now been nearly 2 years since the last substantial ACDC update. Stern, please give us the cannon modes, incorporate the lower playfield in some other unique ways (maybe add a mini loop champion high score!) and increase the use of the swinging bell and the shot behind it.

Stern,

Tron and XMEN both got a final substantial update a year after their previous update...why not one of your best selling games ever as well?

#1411 9 years ago

Well it's @stern.com now

#1412 9 years ago

ST is posted and it says that 5 year mission animations were added

"65. Added - Animations to 5 Year Mission Award."

hell of a big update too. It's a step, fingers crossed more games get the love they deserve now too.

#1413 9 years ago

Tip of the hat to you guys!
stern-wherse-the-code-star-trek-released.jpgstern-wherse-the-code-star-trek-released.jpg

#1414 9 years ago

Well flash, I don't know if it's coincidence or not...but the code might just start a-flowin. While I like your efforts, some of your tactics aren't exactly my style. That being said, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to organize, design, and get a message out that all of us have been thinking!

Todd

#1415 9 years ago

Anxiously awaiting some new WWE code

#1416 9 years ago

Are we going to stop now that the higher selling games got updates? There is still X-Men with bugs including an end of game (you cannot play the villains anymore or get to danger room again). They took out the mode that reset everything as they didn't feel like finishing it.

When will they understand that by giving up on a game, sales will never increase on said game?

I am not asking for new features, just fix the bugs.

#1417 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Are we going to stop now that the higher selling games got updates? There is still X-Men with bugs including an end of game (you cannot play the villains anymore or get to danger room again). They took out the mode that reset everything as they didn't feel like finishing it.
When will they understand that by giving up on a game, sales will never increase on said game?
I am not asking for new features, just fix the bugs.

We can see how TPF will go. I would do more but I don't know all the bugs for all the games so people have to let me know here or via pm.

#1418 9 years ago

i'd like some new features... on Tron

#1419 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i'd like some new features... on Tron

This thread was started to focus on neglected games / bugs / bad code. Sure we could all wish for new features in all the games but I do believe we need to keep focus on unfinished games. But we could always wish right? Xmen, TWD, Avengers and WWE should be on the priority list...

#1420 9 years ago

i could start a #wantMOREcode

#1421 9 years ago

We can see how TPF will go. I would do more but I don't know all the bugs for all the games so people have to let me know here or via pm.

The worst part is that the game "ends". There was a final wizard mode, but it was the Lonnie default one where it is shoot each shot twice. After you finished that mode or lost the ball, all the hero & villain inserts went from being lit to off. After they took out the "placeholder" mode (as Stern called it), there is no reset meaning you cannot fight any further villains and also the heroes start shot counters don't reset back to default. In my opinion, it is hard to get to this, but not impossible and would be a kick in the nuts for anyone that does. Pinball is the game with no ending, yet it basically does on X-Men as everything is either disabled or takes too many shots due to the reset being removed.

#1422 9 years ago

maybe we will get some new wwe code today fingers crossed

#1423 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

The worst part is that the game "ends". There was a final wizard mode, but it was the Lonnie default one where it is shoot each shot twice. After you finished that mode or lost the ball, all the hero & villain inserts went from being lit to off. After they took out the "placeholder" mode (as Stern called it), there is no reset meaning you cannot fight any further villains and also the heroes start shot counters don't reset back to default. In my opinion, it is hard to get to this, but not impossible and would be a kick in the nuts for anyone that does. Pinball is the game with no ending, yet it basically does on X-Men as everything is either disabled or takes too many shots due to the reset being removed.

Stern, give waison half a day to wrap this up!

#1424 9 years ago

Tip of the hat to you guys!

Now you could make a T-shirt out of this one and - let me guess - Stern would not complain about this one!

Still, it would carry a subtle message very efficiently: we care about (y)our games. Please continue raising your standards.

#1425 9 years ago

Got my shirt today

20150320_192734.jpg20150320_192734.jpg

#1426 9 years ago

Guess what I am wearing in Allentown

#1427 9 years ago

Great that code is finally coming. Anyone else find it funny that the Star Trek code came out.
Some bugs were noticed after a few hours. And fixed within 24 hrs by Dwight with another small update.

So apparantly Dwight is either superhuman. Or Stern just never gave a $@#% before. As ST 1.5 had a major game stopping bug for almost a year. And it was never addressed, even with a small fix.

1.5-1.6. Mar 3 - 19.
1.60-1.61 24hrs

I think this shows that games probably could be released mostly finished, or very close to complete. With smaller bugs fixes and tweaks later.

#1428 9 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I think this shows that games probably could be released mostly finished, or very close to complete. With smaller bugs fixes and tweaks later.

If only it were that simple.

I've been just as frustrated as anyone at the situation at Stern. Frankly I even let it get personal, which was just stupid on my part. I won't disclose who it was, but I had a very nice phone call with someone at Stern recently to clear the air between us, and it was rather enlightening. We're good now, and I have a better understanding of his side of things.

I will say this: people are Stern are not dumb. Nor do they not care. So while I believe it's our right, and maybe even responsibility, to speak up about our concerns and hold them accountable, it is good to remember they're pinheads and passionate just like we are. There are much easier and more lucrative ways to make a living, especially as a programmer.

I don't think wearing that shirt is going to actually improve or help anything. But feel free if you like. It might take a little while, but I do believe we're going to see positive improvements. Not because of this campaign per se, but our voices do matter.

#1429 9 years ago

I got my shirt as well.. With it, the Multimorphic Ryan tshirt, and Pinside Ryan Tshirt... I pretty much have my wardrobe for TPF all set. I just got to figure out who gets Saturday priority.

#1430 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I won't disclose who it was, but I had a very nice phone call with someone at Stern recently to clear the air between us, and it was rather enlightening. We're good now, and I have a better understanding of his side of things.

Why were you taking it out on the receptionist?

Rob

#1431 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Why were you taking it out on the receptionist?
Rob

again ?

#1434 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If only it were that simple.
I've been just as frustrated as anyone at the situation at Stern. Frankly I even let it get personal, which was just stupid on my part. I won't disclose who it was, but I had a very nice phone call with someone at Stern recently to clear the air between us, and it was rather enlightening. We're good now, and I have a better understanding of his side of things.
I will say this: people are Stern are not dumb. Nor do they not care. So while I believe it's our right, and maybe even responsibility, to speak up about our concerns and hold them accountable, it is good to remember they're pinheads and passionate just like we are. There are much easier and more lucrative ways to make a living, especially as a programmer.
I don't think wearing that shirt is going to actually improve or help anything. But feel free if you like. It might take a little while, but I do believe we're going to see positive improvements. Not because of this campaign per se, but our voices do matter.

Since you have inside knowledge, can you explain (other than cheating out on a game that didn't sell well) why Stern thinks it is ok to shirk its responsibility to the people that did buy X-Men and not fix the bugs they introduced in the last update. How they removed the mode without thinking of the ramifications is beyond me.

#1435 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Since you have inside knowledge, can you explain (other than cheating out on a game that didn't sell well) why Stern thinks it is ok to shirk its responsibility to the people that did buy X-Men and not fix the bugs they introduced in the last update. How they removed the mode without thinking of the ramifications is beyond me.

Inquiring xmen owners would like to know!

#1436 9 years ago

I'd like some info on why they bailed on Xmen and Avengers.

#1437 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I fear the ACDC update will be little more then bug fixes I hope I'm wrong.
It's now been nearly 2 years since the last substantial ACDC update. Stern, please give us the cannon modes, incorporate the lower playfield in some other unique ways (maybe add a mini loop champion high score!) and increase the use of the swinging bell and the shot behind it.
Stern,
Tron and XMEN both got a final substantial update a year after their previous update...why not one of your best selling games ever as well?

Xmen is still a fair bit more broken than ACDC... I think they'd be calling that game complete now and leaving xmen broken too...

#1438 9 years ago

wof code ?

#1439 9 years ago

Oh you're a funny man... Another game that I've owned Avengers, Xmen and WOF all the broken ones

#1440 9 years ago

Stern will never end the code of wof?

#1441 9 years ago

What's next? Twd or wwe?

#1442 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

What's next? Twd or wwe?

That would be nice.

#1443 9 years ago

Hopefully TWD is next and soon

#1444 9 years ago

WWE? because all of stern are meat heads?

#1445 9 years ago

X-men praying!
wheres-the-code-wolverine-amen.jpgwheres-the-code-wolverine-amen.jpg

#1446 9 years ago

X-men praying!
wheres-the-code-wolverine-amen.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Haha, that's awesome. Unfortunately it looks like no more updates for XMEN. I emailed John Borg about a month or so ago about XMEN code and he said there will be no more XMEN updates as they have other things to work on. It's a bummer for sure but I'm thankful he replied to me about the question. XMEN does have very deep code but it does need a final update to polish off the game.

#1447 9 years ago

Why not I'm on a role
wheres-the-code-stern-magneto-crash.jpgwheres-the-code-stern-magneto-crash.jpg

#1448 9 years ago

Good stuff flash! Fingers crossed there's a get it done coder at stern who wraps it (x-men) up.

#1450 9 years ago

I'd like to see some pictures of people using their pinball cards and shirts at TPF

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
16,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

There are 2,075 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/make-jan-31st-stern-code-post-day/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.