P_20161111_203221 (resized).jpg
kiss-what-you-get_(resized).jpg
Custom_Image1.jpg
Custom_Image.jpg
STERN-PINBALL-WHERESTHECODE-GOMEZ-HULK.png
stern-pinball-swisscheese-avengers.jpg
stern-pinball-avengers-code-requests.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-donate-twd.jpg
Wildfire_Pinball_by_Parker_Brothers,_Copyright_1979_(LED_Handheld_Electronic_Game).jpg
x-men-wolverine-sternpinball.jpg
x-men-vs-spiderman-sternpinball.jpg
avengers-rip.jpg
ST_GettingUpdates.png
wheresthecode-wwe-update-stern-pinball.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-walkaing-dead-carl.jpg

There are 2,075 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 42.
#1151 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No don't get hung up with terms & names here. To you it's "social media." To old people "it's that crap on the thinggy." To a company it can be "somehting we have to do to shut the whipper snappers up."

OK, Now that was funny!

#1152 9 years ago

I mean that was really funny! I almost spit my coke out!!

#1153 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Stern does not have to do exactly what our company does.
They only have to keep their front lawn clean, lol.

Here is my opinion of Stern's front yard right now related to code updates

funny-poop.jpgfunny-poop.jpg

#1154 9 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

Not the head in the sand approach.

Why do you think Stern has it's head in the sand?

If Stern deleted their Facebook account tomorrow, do you think that they would even lose a single game sale?

Little girls are always upset when they get unfriended or dissed on Facebook, but most pinsiders are 35-60 years old

#1155 9 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

If I don't buy from the distributor and tell them why I didn't how is that Stupid?

telling the distro you aren't buying due to bad code at release, smart. They can tell Stern we have people who normally buy bailing because you release unfinished games, due to this we will only be buying half the number we normally do. This can have an effect on Stern. telling them you won't buy because of the facebook policy is not related to the game at all. Nobody would be complaining at all if the FB policy was the same as it is now, if they released fully coded games and the updates were used to fix errors, rather than to complete the games.

#1156 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Little girls are always upset when they get unfriended or dissed on Facebook, but most pinsiders are 35-60 years old

Analogy!

#1157 9 years ago

We could lock Gary in a room, and not allow him any vodka, thus make him sober up, and face reality until we get our game code.

#1158 9 years ago

Just incase anyone cares. Found it kind of ironic. Considering asking questions violates Sterns FB "rules" and prevents you from entering their contests.

Stern is violating Facebooks rules about contests by asking to "Share" to enter contests.
Section E. 3

https://m.facebook.com/page_guidelines.php

#1159 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'm normally not this blunt but.... You are really talking out of your ass here on this particular portion of the topic.
If the "feature" is on this list (attached) that is still published on Sterns website then it's not a choice to add/fix. Technically I guess it could be a choice but then it would give every Prem/LE owner the right to sue for false advertisement and/or a bait and switch. heck, at this point I'm sure any Prem/LE owner could technically go after them today and easily win a settlement for the above. You can't tell someone there product will include ____ and not provide that without disclosing the fact it wont be there until ____ or ever.
I'll agree that Stern has no requirement to make changes to modes and other things that we find as bugs but to even argue the point that the flasher that are on the feature list don't have to be added is just crazy talk.
Untitled.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I don't buy a pinball machine because of a "list" written somewhere or a theme. The idea that people would get so bent out of shape over a flasher bulb is beyond me. Trying to compare this to car sold without an engine or such just makes it even more ridiculous. Pinball machines don't have a strict guideline of how they are supposed to be built. We are talking about games. Each game is different and Stern gets to decide how they are built and how they play. Code can be whatever they want it to be and it can change with an update. Would you be upset if Stern added a feature that is not on the list? Of course, not. If you feel they are selling games with false advertising, then by all means talk to a lawyer.

#1160 9 years ago

Have not enjoyed a thread better since the Pinball lessons with Shasta, and into the maw of despair threads.

#1161 9 years ago

This is how I feel about code promises from Gary and Stern Inc.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#1162 9 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Stern is violating Facebooks rules about contests by asking to "Share" to enter contests.
Section E. 3
https://m.facebook.com/page_guidelines.php

Report them next time...

#1163 9 years ago

Official Stern Bullshit Detector

#1164 9 years ago
Quoted from Dis_Pinballer:

Why would they ban you from the show?
Customers are asking questions.
I didn't say get hostile with them.
If people get banned, it is sad how they treat their customers.
People need to boycott their products, thus not buying NIB.

Because some pinball shows spend thousands of dollars on airfare and hotel (and marketing) to bring their special guests and speakers to the show. Sometimes the company that employs some of the special guests also gives a lot of support to the show. Hundreds of people come to the show to see those guests to either listen to their talks, have something autographed, or get a picture. The show has thousands of dollars invested in the event and wants everyone to enjoy themselves, have an awesome time, and the event to be a success. The show does not want their event to become a "protest ground zero" where their guests may feel harassed or uncomfortable. If the special guests do not have a good time or they fear being ambushed, they will stop attending shows. Not because they don't care, but because no one likes to be heckled, harassed, or embarrassed when they are there at the invite of the show organizers. If they didn't care, they wouldn't come in the first place. The show is not going to take sides and will do what it feels is best for the show. This holds true for all guests of the show including Stern, JJP, Multimorphic, Spooky Pinball, Dutch Pinball, etc. A good show will always want their special guest speakers to feel welcome and want to come back. If that means a couple attendees that cross the line and are perceived to be causing trouble get booted, that's what may happen (but I truly hope not). A welcomed, civil conversation is fine, but if you're already wearing a shirt with a logo designed to antagonize a company, I doubt any conversation would be welcomed. I'm not saying your cause isn't without merit, just that a pinball show should not be your battleground.

#1165 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Because some pinball shows spend thousands of dollars on airfare and hotel (and marketing) to bring their special guests and speakers to the show. Sometimes the company that employs some of the special guests also gives a lot of support to the show. Hundreds of people come to the show to see those guests to either listen to their talks, have something autographed, or get a picture. The show has thousands of dollars invested in the event and wants everyone to enjoy themselves, have an awesome time, and the event to be a success. The show does not want their event to become a "protest ground zero" where their guests may feel harassed or uncomfortable. If the special guests do not have a good time or they fear being ambushed, they will stop attending shows. Not because they don't care, but because no one likes to be heckled, harassed, or embarrassed when they are there at the invite of the show organizers. If they didn't care, they wouldn't come in the first place. The show is not going to take sides and will do what it feels is best for the show. This holds true for all guests of the show including Stern, JJP, Multimorphic, Spooky Pinball, Dutch Pinball, etc. A good show will always want their special guest speakers to feel welcome and want to come back. If that means a couple attendees that cross the line and are perceived to be causing trouble get booted, that's what may happen (but I truly hope not). A welcomed, civil conversation is fine, but if you're already wearing a shirt with a logo designed to antagonize a company, I doubt any conversation would be welcomed. I'm not saying your cause isn't without merit, just that a pinball show should not be your battleground.

That is enough to convince me not to attend. If i can't wear a shirt and have a civil conversation or ask a question about code to your guest speakers then that tells me it is a show not worth spending thousands to attend.

#1166 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That is enough to convince me not to attend. If i can't wear a shirt and have a civil conversation or ask a question about code to your guest speakers then that tells me it is a show not worth spending thousands to attend.

Whysnow, you were never coming anyway. Clearly you didn't read (or understand) my comment. Never said you couldn't wear a shirt. Never said you couldn't ask a question. Not sure why, but you've made other pot shots about TPF. Not sure what your problem is, but oh well.

#1167 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

If that means a couple attendees that cross the line and are perceived to be causing trouble get booted, that's what may happen (but I truly hope not).

Can you clarify this statement? Are you saying anyone who is wearing a #wheresthecode T-shirt will be banned from TPF?

#1168 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Whysnow, you were never coming anyway. Clearly you didn't read (or understand) my comment. Never said you couldn't wear a shirt. Never said you couldn't ask a question. Not sure why, but you've made other pot shots about TPF. Not sure what your problem is, but oh well.

I have NEVER made any pot shots against TPF and it is the number 1 show i am yet to attend that i have had on my short list up till now. it looks amazing but no desire to attend if there is a chance I am going to be ejected for wearing a shirt and asking Stern employees questions about code. That is how your message reads, that you will protect the show and that by wearing a shirt that asks a very legitimate question that I am already antagonizing and may get booted. that is not very welcoming in my opinion.

I am not the only one that read your statement as such. Sounds like your primary concern are the businesses attending and not your paying customers, at least not if they are wearing a whereisthecode shirt. Please clarify, as like I said, I see no reason to attend if there is threat of being ejected for being civil and wearing a shirt.

#1169 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

if there is a chance I am going to be ejected for wearing a shirt and asking Stern employees questions about code. That is how your message reads, that you will protect the show and that by wearing a shirt that asks a very legitimate question that I am already antagonizing and may get booted. .

That's how I read it as well.

Wearing a T-shirt does not make the show a battleground.

#1170 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

When is a good time to get answers from Stern?
They delete our questions on Facebook.
If you call them, we get generic corporate BS statements.
Star Trek has promised features that aren't utilized with software.
The code deployment sucks, and takes years to get a finished product.
We are paying customers, and should be allowed to put a little heat on them at the show.
The T-Shirts are asking a simple question.
We get no communication from Stern, which has caused customers to reach a boiling point.
They need to feel a little uncomfortable.

#1171 9 years ago

Why would they ban you from the show?

Quoted from jfh:

He was kidding.

Looks like he wasn't kidding.

I do agree with Ed that you shouldn't be confrontational with anybody and to mostly let the T-shirt speak for itself, but there is no other way for Gary Stern to feel but uncomfortable or embarrassed if he is asked about incomplete code. Wouldn't you be if you owned a company and took pride in your work or your products (which I do and I do) and you now have a history of not finishing the games you make. It was more tolerable when it was only 1-2 games at a time needing code (the spiderman, TDK, early AC/DC days,) but at this point there are something like 7+ unfinished games.

#1172 9 years ago

That's the entire point about the shirts. Silent protests but if people ask you could give your opinions without causing a raucous.

#1173 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Looks like he wasn't kidding.
I do agree with Ed that you shouldn't be confrontational with anybody and to mostly let the T-shirt speak for itself, but there is no other way for Gary Stern to feel but uncomfortable or embarrassed if he is asked about incomplete code. Wouldn't you be if you owned a company and took pride in your work or your products (which I do and I do) and you now have a history of not finishing the games you make. It was more tolerable when it was only 1-2 games at a time needing code (the spiderman, TDK, early AC/DC days,) but at this point there are something like 7+ unfinished games.

I agree rude and confrontational behavior doesn't solve anything, but we need to make them uncomfortable and put a little heat on them to finish their products.

#1174 9 years ago

How's this for an inventory list? Everything is in stock...well almost...
stern-wheresthecode-inventory-twd.jpgstern-wheresthecode-inventory-twd.jpg

#1175 9 years ago

^^^^ best one yet! I would say its funny'cuz its true.

But actually its sad 'cuz its true.

#1176 9 years ago

If they fix the problem, people won't make them feel uncomfortable at the show.
Simple solution...

#1177 9 years ago

You won't have to talk to Stern they will be much more worried that you are talking to someone else. I get what Ed is saying. what's the saying "don't shit where you eat". Is that it. Ed wants this clean and urge people to respect that as well. i know it's tough to do both.

#1178 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

That's the entire point about the shirts. Silent protests but if people ask you could give your opinions without causing a raucous.

Which expo are you attending?

#1179 9 years ago

We don't have that kind of events up north! Eh!

#1180 9 years ago

We don't have that kind of events up north! Eh!

Never been to the US?

#1181 9 years ago

Yes but never to a pinball show. hoping to attend Allentown this year.

#1183 9 years ago

They delete our questions on Facebook.
If you call them, we get generic corporate BS statements.
Star Trek has promised features that aren't utilized with software.
The code deployment sucks, and takes years to get a finished product.
We are paying customers, and should be allowed to put a little heat on them at the show.
The T-Shirts are asking a simple question.
We get no communication from Stern, which has caused customers to reach a boiling point.
They need to feel a little uncomfortable.

Corporate bs statement when you call, it's the same exact thing you would get if stern answered on fb. So there is no reason for them to do so

#1185 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Corporate bs statement when you call, it's the same exact thing you would get if stern answered on fb. So there is no reason for them to do so

That is why everyone needs to use the Stern Bullshit Detector.
LOL
What's that smell Gary?
It smells like vodka mixed with bullshit.
LOL

#1186 9 years ago

I was joking about being banned from a pinball show. I really don't wish ill on "Code Crusaders" or Stern. I think the message is out there and if Stern has the pride for their product, they will issue a statement to their end user.

Will end this with a quote from Star Trek.
"Shots fired"

#1187 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I was joking about being banned from a pinball show. I really don't wish ill on "Code Crusaders" or Stern. I think the message is out there and if Stern has the pride for their product, they will issue a statement to their end user.
Will end this with a quote from Star Trek.
"Shots fired"

It is sad.
Customers are at the bottom of the food chain.
Stern treats customers like crap, and gets undeserving protection.
They can BS the crowds at the shows.

#1188 9 years ago

I reckon this is a much better idea than t shirts:

I've started creating pinball cards that people can put under the window at the show. If you have any cool rants you would like to put on cards, let me know and I will make the sets downloadable within the next few days.

No one will know you have them in your pocket when you walk in, so they can't deny you entry (although you might get kicked out if you get caught placing them on machines). If the Where's The Code logo was removed, the card would look like it was supposed to be there, so anyone interested in buying the game would likely ask vendors or Stern what the problem was with the code, or go to the Facebook page. People who were formerly unaware of the problem would probably perceive it as a less confrontational tactic as well; a friendly warning rather than an aggressive demand for an explanation.

#1189 9 years ago

Ed's usually pretty level headed... I see his view point; if you "antagonize" their paid guests ... they'll ban you. (My words, not his). I don't think asking simple questions or wearing a Tshirt would be considered a ban-able offense.

I wouldn't dream of going up to Steve - whom I consider a friend and getting "in his face" about the code. However, I would *NOT* hesitate to ask #whereisourcode type questions in Gary's presentation.

At this point; If my tshirt arrives - I'll probably wear it Friday or Sunday. At this point; I'm not planning on going to Gary's lecture because well --- he's boring anyway providing no real useful data.

I will be putting "code not complete" cards in my STLE - because well it's true.

Now - if someone wants to organize a picket line for Stern's factory ... say in the spring time... That might be fun.

#1190 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Ed's usually pretty level headed... I see his view point; if you "antagonize" their paid guests ... they'll ban you. (My words, not his). I don't think asking simple questions or wearing a Tshirt would be considered a ban-able offense.
I wouldn't dream of going up to Steve - whom I consider a friend and getting "in his face" about the code. However, I would *NOT* hesitate to ask #whereisourcode type questions in Gary's presentation.
At this point; If my tshirt arrives - I'll probably wear it Friday or Sunday. At this point; I'm not planning on going to Gary's lecture because well --- he's boring anyway providing no real useful data.
I will be putting "code not complete" cards in my STLE - because well it's true.
Now - if someone wants to organize a picket line for Stern's factory ... say in the spring time... That might be fun.

I am sure Steve isn't happy about the game code not being finished on his game, he is the designer and doesn't call the shots.

#1191 9 years ago

Zitt,
Why doesn't Gary wake up and smell the coffee?
People are really upset about the situation.

#1192 9 years ago

Stern does not have any answers.

It's not like they are hiding code updates for some big reveal.

Gary is not a programmer, he is just a figurehead.

Jody is not a programmer, he can't tell you anything on Facebook.

SR is not a programmer, he can only tell you that he is playtesting each code revision as it comes up to him.

-

Go play and enjoy your games.

When I play AC/DC, I don't stand there worrying that I'm missing some mode - I'm playing a high energy, kickass game.

If the code gets updated someday, great!

If somehow it doesn't, I won't lose any sleep over it. I still have one of the greatest games of all time.

#1193 9 years ago

Zitt,
Why doesn't Gary wake up and smell the coffee?
People are really upset about the situation.

My guess - he just doesn't funking care!
He got your money... he knows there is another sucker born with stupid money. His pocket books aren't feeling the pain; so he won't even give it the time of day.

I'm fairly sure the C&D to Pinside and TeeSpring has gotten to his level. I'm sure he KNOWs we are pissed... but doesn't give a funk. This is the same man who's been involved with stealing designs from Bally to the point where the same boards can be used interchangeably with Bally and Stern machines. If you Look at Data East machines; they rarely ever did more than "incrementally" improve the board sets to fix boards. Ethically; Gary Stern just wants your money... before it was the OPs money... now it's the deep pocket Pin-enthusiasts with disposable income.

What needs to happen IMHO; is *WE* as a community need to take this matter from his hands. Begin reverse engineering his sh1t and developing code patches on our own like he did to Bally. Once we have enough DATA; we should be able to fix Avengers / Hulk saucer lock issue with a simple patch. If he doesn't like it... too funking bad.

My $0.02... and yes; I would participate.

#1194 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

SR is not a programmer, he can only tell you that he is playtesting each code revision as it comes up to him.
-
When I play AC/DC, I don't stand there worrying that I'm missing some mode - I'm playing a high energy, kickass game.
If somehow it doesn't, I won't lose any sleep over it. I still have one of the greatest games of all time.

They aren't working on code updates, thus there aren't any answers.
Gary is sitting on the code.
Sitting, not meaning there is code being withheld.
LE has features that do absolutely nothing.
I am not staying quiet anymore, and encouraging others to have a voice.
Pins cost a lot of money, and software needs to get support.

#1195 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

This is the same man who's been involved with stealing designs from Bally to the point where the same boards can be used interchangeably with Bally and Stern machines.

Actually, Bally licensed the design to Stern in order to better complete with Williams and Gottlieb.

#1196 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

-

LOL
I think you are a Stern employee or Gary in disguise.

#1197 9 years ago

LOL

not too much of a disguise

#1198 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

LOL
I think his avatar is Gary squeezing a fart out in a black and white setting.

#1199 9 years ago

http://definitions.uslegal.com/a/admission-by-silence/

Proof that Stern as a company is guilty as $@#%.
They don't give a damn about anything customer related except the bottom dollar.
Now that they already have owners money. We are at their mercy.

JK, sort of BTW.

#1200 9 years ago

LOL

Quoted from labnip:

-

Quoted from vid1900:

I'll admit, I am the mole.

I told you many pages back.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 2,075 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/make-jan-31st-stern-code-post-day/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.