P_20161111_203221 (resized).jpg
kiss-what-you-get_(resized).jpg
Custom_Image1.jpg
Custom_Image.jpg
STERN-PINBALL-WHERESTHECODE-GOMEZ-HULK.png
stern-pinball-swisscheese-avengers.jpg
stern-pinball-avengers-code-requests.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-donate-twd.jpg
Wildfire_Pinball_by_Parker_Brothers,_Copyright_1979_(LED_Handheld_Electronic_Game).jpg
x-men-wolverine-sternpinball.jpg
x-men-vs-spiderman-sternpinball.jpg
avengers-rip.jpg
ST_GettingUpdates.png
wheresthecode-wwe-update-stern-pinball.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-walkaing-dead-carl.jpg
There are 2,075 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 42.
#1001 9 years ago
image.jpgimage.jpg
#1002 9 years ago
#1003 9 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Just unbelieveable that they have over 6 programmers and the code is this bad.

But that's only 2 teams. Lyman and everyone else.

#1008 9 years ago

Lyman, Dwight, Lonnie, Waison, Mike, Jack, and Tanio; might be missing someone

#1009 9 years ago

Over 1,000 posts and no Hitler video?

#1010 9 years ago

I agree. Pinside doesn't need Stern. Pinside is a website about pinball and is the number one marketing tool for Stern at what cost to them? Zero.

Stern and their buggy games that cost thousands is rediculous. I've said it before. Even though we shouldn't, if code updates for games already produced were available for a few bucks, Id be down.

This sounds like most companies run by old and out of touch leaders. Until new blood gets in power and listens to its customers, shit won't change.

From the lack of coding, high prices, bugs, and facebook deletions, it's a real wonder they are still in business.

#1011 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

They have 6 funking Software engineers... doing 3 projects a year; are they spending their days drinking beer and surfing web sites? Even a unmotivated engineer can do more code than this.

Pretty much insulting. Do you have any idea of what they do? Have you coded a game yourself?

#1012 9 years ago

double post, sorry

#1013 9 years ago

Why wear the Stern one when you can wear this one?

wm-front.jpgwm-front.jpg
#1014 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

From the lack of coding, high prices, bugs, and facebook deletions, it's a real wonder they are still in business.

Not just in business, but thriving. High prices? Does JJP have a 5K option? Nope. Facebook deletions? Who cares, you think that costs them sales?

You're only legitimate gripe is code.

#1015 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

The only reason is if you want to be able to pick from 3 machines a year at the pro pricepoint. You have no other choice.

If JJP could start releasing 2 pro priced machines a year. I think Stern would change how they deal with customers, code, quality etc..

Stern knows they have us by the balls.

#1016 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Do you have any idea of what they do?

You mean settling for mediocrity?

It is either on the management or the programmers.

#1017 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Pretty much insulting. Do you have any idea of what they do? Have you coded a game yourself?

Can't speak for him, but I haven't. But what I can say is that the software engineers where I work are constantly building new platforms and systems that integrate into a multi billion dollar global company in less time than its taken them to code some games.

#1018 9 years ago

Just be prepared that one possible explination is that the new Spike system is all that Stern cares about. They might not be looking backwards at supporting ANY past games at this point (Twd, St), but they are not sure how to communicate this to the public. So they remain silent. This may explain a lot. Hope u guys like nothin but lots of wrestling code updates on Spike! Spike buried all our favorite titles

#1019 9 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Just be prepared that one possible explination is that the new Spike system is all that Stern cares about. They might not be looking backwards at supporting ANY past games at this point (Twd, St), but they are not sure how to communicate this to the public. So they remain silent. This may explain a lot. Hope u guys like nothin but lots of wrestling code updates on Spike! Spike buried all our favorite titles

Patently untrue.

#1020 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Not just in business, but thriving. High prices? Does JJP have a 5K option? Nope. Facebook deletions? Who cares, you think that costs them sales?
You're only legitimate gripe is code.

Code and bugs. I think we are willing to pay as long as the product doesn't have missing features, wizard modes with no dots, targets that won't go down in an endless loop etc.

Shit we aren't asking for the moon here.

#1021 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

From the ... facebook deletions, it's a real wonder they are still in business.

I get why this annoys people, but why do you think it's bad for Stern's business? Leaving up complaints about buggy, unfinished code isn't going to help them sell more games! If they're losing business here, it's for failure to finish code, not for deleting Facebook posts about it. Not saying this excuses their failure to fully code their machines -- that just plain sucks, and would keep me from buying any Stern NIB. But I get why they handle their Facebook page the way they do.

#1022 9 years ago

Spike buried all our favorite titles

Come on buddy... you have to admit that you are getting ahead of yourself.

It's been what... 30 days? Relax.

What if your "favorite title" is a SPIKE game and you dont know yet because its not 2016... lol

Meet a single stern programmer or designer at a pinball event... tell me if they come off to you as con men.

#1023 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Wait. Why?
I get that personally you may like stern machines; but why not be at odds with Stern?
They DO NOT contribute. They do not offer pinsiders anything but an inferior product (code wise). So why not piss them off?
Sorry; but unless they are sending you money in the forms of donations (which I do not see gary doing) - they need to lie in the bed they made.
They have 6 funking Software engineers... doing 3 projects a year; are they spending their days drinking beer and surfing web sites? Even a unmotivated engineer can do more code than this. Something WAY wrong at Stern... their answer? "my logo is being infringed"
I respect your leadership here, Robin... but Stern needs a stick inserted somewhere.

Robin probably feels Stern does more good than bad with the community. They have been picking good themes lately and they just released a new OS for their pins. Once the programmers learn how to utilize the new system, I think the quality of code will be better at release. I am on board that they need to complete ACDC, Star Trek, and TWD asap but they also need to do it their way. They stayed alive during the dark period of pinball and they continue to produce quality licensed themes. Not a huge WWE fan here but I see what they are getting at. I passed on getting a TWD due to code issues and if the trend continues, others will not buy NIB till code is completed. Our voice will be heard at that time and it will speak louder than these over produced "Stern Code Sucks" threads.

#1024 9 years ago

I'm not saying the programmers want to but if company policy says Spike is our future we must draw the line somewhere, then programmers have no choice but to comply going forward and cut all ties to older/obsolete software. Ah well, At least Star Wars 2015 is on Spike system. I suggest customers look only forward from now on

#1025 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I get why this annoys people, but why do you think it's bad for Stern's business? Leaving up complaints about buggy, unfinished code isn't going to help them sell more games! If they're losing business here, it's for failure to finish code, not for deleting Facebook posts about it. Not saying this excuses their failure to fully code their machines -- that just plain sucks, and would keep me from buying any Stern NIB. But I get why they handle their Facebook page the way they do.

To me it just speaks volumes of their opinions about their customers. Not wanting to hear anything negative, head in the sand, stubborn as hell type of attitudes only make matters worse. Meet threats or problems head on, not hoping it goes away without fixing it. Bad example : I find out I have cancer. It's early and treatable but eh F it, I won't do anything about it and I'll hope it goes away on its on. Before I know it, it's too late.

Look at how long it has taken Stern to get into the modding business. Anyone with half a brain and some power could see all the money they were leaving on the table. Decals, figures, toppers, powder coating, colored displays man the list is endless. So many revenues streams to have to possibly put towards bettering their product but noooooooo.

#1026 9 years ago

I'm not saying the programmers want to but if company policy says Spike is our future we must draw the line somewhere, then programmers have no choice but to comply going forward and cut all ties to older/obsolete software. Ah well, At least Star Wars 2015 is on Spike system. I suggest customers look only forward from now on

That's just simply not true.

Code updates are in the works for Star Trek and TWD as we speak.

#1027 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Robin probably feels Stern does more good than bad with the community. They have been picking good themes lately and they just released a new OS for their pins. Once the programmers learn how to utilize the new system, I think the quality of code will be better at release. I am on board that they need to complete ACDC, Star Trek, and TWD asap but they also need to do it their way. They stayed alive during the dark period of pinball and they continue to produce quality licensed themes. Not a huge WWE fan here but I see what they are getting at. I passed on getting a TWD due to code issues and if the trend continues, others will not buy NIB till code is completed. Our voice will be heard at that time and it will speak louder than these over produced "Stern Code Sucks" threads.

They seem to pick some pretty damn good themes. It's FINISHING them that we have a problem with.

#1028 9 years ago

I suggest you stop making things up. Concocting nonsense scenarios with zero logic isn't going to help anyone.

They still made/supported Whitestar when they moved to SAM. Supporting SAM, codewise, it's easier than Whitestar because it's a USB update, not a ROM burn. 4 of their 5 titles currently in production are SAM. SAM games aren't going anywhere, and code updates must happen for TWD and ST at the very least. Avengers & X-Men are looking less likely, but they do in fact have bugs - which should put them into some kind of priority for update.

#1029 9 years ago

That's just simply not true.
Code updates are in the works for Star Trek and TWD as we speak.

Speak faster.

#1030 9 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Over 1,000 posts and no Hitler video?

Fine, you pulled my leg. Working on it now.

#1031 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Speak faster.

That'sjustsimplynottrue.CodeupdatesareintheworksforStarTrekandTWDaswespeak.

#1032 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Here it is:
http://teespring.com/new-wheresthecode
Edit: pulled from another pinside post.

Thanks! I'm no lawyer, but this new design doesn't appear to infringe in any way, shape or form. Therefore, I see no problem with allowing the link to remain.

#1033 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Pinside is a website about pinball and is the number one marketing tool for Stern

people here are so full of themselves.

#1034 9 years ago

Here is your new Hitler video you requested. Enjoy.

#1035 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

people here are so full of themselves.

I'm not even sure what you mean by this. Are you referring to me since you quoted me?

#1036 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I'm not even sure what you mean by this. Are you referring to me since you quoted me?

yes the "we're the biggest and besting thing ever, every pin company should cater to us" attitude that permeates this place.

#1037 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

yes the "we're the biggest and besting thing ever, every pin company should cater to us" attitude that permeates this place.

From this post and other posts of yours, it looks like you have distain for this site. Just sticking around to fix stuff that was once wrong? Are you Sam Beckett?

#1038 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Huh? All I'm saying is a company that makes a half assed, expensive product and refuses to listen to critiques isnt a company worth defending.

So you joined this thread just to critique it? Cool. That's your right and it won't be deleted or cause you to be banned. Unlike with Stern.

Quoted from dantebean:

» YouTube video

Bwhahahahahaha!!! Circle jerk, the crying flashinstinct, shitting his pants. Good stuff!!

#1040 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Huh? All I'm saying is a company that makes a half assed, expensive product and refuses to listen to critiques isnt a company worth defending. M
So you joined this site just to critique it? Cool. That's your right and it won't be deleted or cause you to be banned. Unlike with Stern.

Bwhahahahahaha!!! Circle jerk, the crying flashinstinct, shitting his pants. Good stuff!!

I've been here for years. No one said they shouldn't listen to their customers, as a matter of fact stern does listen that's why they make stupid licensed stuff. The international op's, which is a major part of their business, demand it. Crying and whining like happens here, isn't going to be taken seriously. I'm not defending Stern, I can't stand most of their games. But to think a whine-fest will change things is silly.

#1041 9 years ago

^ You're taking it pretty seriously

#1042 9 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

^ You're taking it pretty seriously

haha...in this thread?

#1043 9 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Lyman, Dwight, Lonnie, Waison, Mike, Jack, and Tanio; might be missing someone

But that's only 2 teams. Lyman and everyone else.

This is somewhat true. I think a couple of them are have more specialized roles such as sound and DMD animations on every game and (this is only a guess) Lonnie may be more busy managing than he is coding these days. That leaves 3-4 who work the core game-specific rules and such.

#1044 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

I've been here for years. No one said they shouldn't listen to their customers, as a matter of fact stern does listen that's why they make stupid licensed stuff. The international op's, which is a major part of their business, demand it. Crying and whining like happens here, isn't going to be taken seriously.

Maybe not, but how would your recommend people convey their dissatisfaction with the coding on recent Stern games? Seems like the options are:

• Complain here and keep buying NIB Stern. Clearly won't do anything.
  • Silently quit buying NIB Stern. May send a message, but leaves it to Stern to figure out the message (Bad theme? Price too high? Support?)
  • Quit buying NIB Stern and complain here (or elsewhere). Sends the clearest message, and if enough people feel and do likewise, the code will be fixed. Of course if Stern's bread and butter really is operators this wouldn't work, but I have a hunch a good portion of their sales (especially of profitable LEs and Premiums) are to private buyers

Also, you should have started your post with "Don't call it a comeback ..."

#1045 9 years ago

hahaha, never thought I would agree with her hitler ever, but now I must admit, I agree on his opinion about Sterncodes! pffffffff wish I wouldn't have to though..

#1046 9 years ago
Quoted from erak:

If JJP could start releasing 2 pro priced machines a year

Stop I laughed so hard it hurt

#1047 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Great stuff!

#1048 9 years ago

"except for vid1900"

hahahahaha

#1049 9 years ago

Come on Calvin. Let's be honest with ourselves here for a min.

What would you do if DP killed the idea of updates to BOP 2.0 and left it where it is today? 6 missing modes and a handful of bugs. I'd bet you'd be pretty pissed as I've seen your frustration, while confident it will get done, in those threads. Granted I share those same feeling with BOP 2.0 but why is this any different?

#1050 9 years ago

Think I pissed myself!

Great video

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

There are 2,075 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 42.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/make-jan-31st-stern-code-post-day/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.