Topic poll

“Who's in?”

• YES 108 votes
    50%
  • NO 108 votes
    50%

(216 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 224 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

code (resized).JPG
P_20161111_203221 (resized).jpg
kiss-what-you-get_(resized).jpg
Custom_Image1.jpg
Custom_Image.jpg
STERN-PINBALL-WHERESTHECODE-GOMEZ-HULK.png
stern-pinball-swisscheese-avengers.jpg
stern-pinball-avengers-code-requests.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-donate-twd.jpg
Wildfire_Pinball_by_Parker_Brothers,_Copyright_1979_(LED_Handheld_Electronic_Game).jpg
x-men-wolverine-sternpinball.jpg
x-men-vs-spiderman-sternpinball.jpg
avengers-rip.jpg
ST_GettingUpdates.png
wheresthecode-wwe-update-stern-pinball.jpg
wheresthecode-stern-pinball-walkaing-dead-carl.jpg

There are 2075 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 42.
#701 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Its amazing how much this thread has positively impacted the pinball community and motivated Stern and other companies to act on the current abomination that is the code famine.
I've just installed all the new code that was released in the last couple of weeks into all of my games. Also I was happy to receive that letter of apology from Gary directly. What would we have done without you Flash? you are truly an innovator, a mover, a thinker if you will. And all the while pushing your successful campaign you have refused to enter that devils lair of negativity. Kudos to you and your positive affect on the pinball community.

As opposed to all the positive help and support you've provided to this hobby.

#702 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Its amazing how much this thread has positively impacted the pinball community and motivated Stern and other companies to act on the current abomination that is the code famine.
I've just installed all the new code that was released in the last couple of weeks into all of my games. Also I was happy to receive that letter of apology from Gary directly. What would we have done without you Flash? you are truly an innovator, a mover, a thinker if you will. And all the while pushing your successful campaign you have refused to enter that devils lair of negativity. Kudos to you and your positive affect on the pinball community.

Wow...
Just wow.

#703 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Wouldnt be hard to oppose. Just start up a big rant thread and have a bitch about crap. Easy im onto it

#704 4 years ago

Then please go do that and leave this thread to people that are trying to be helpful, because so far your comments are simply douchie

#705 4 years ago

Thank you for continuing this effort! Hopefully Stern is reading the comments in this thread.

Overall Stern needs to change the way they handle code updates. Taking months upon months to release code updates for in production games in unacceptable. Staying quiet and telling owners nothing about code progress is also unacceptable.

Code brings games alive and is ultimately what gets myself and many others to drop big bucks on a NIB game. Releasing 3-4 titles a year doesn't mean squat if it then takes 3 years to "complete" the code. The word complete was in quotes in my last sentence as unfortunately some Stern games are far shallower rules wise then others.

No code and shallow code = less bucks Stern.

#706 4 years ago

Facebook // Twitter 101
The folks that want to help need to do 3 things

1) have a facebook and or twitter account
2) "like" or "follow" these pages
https://www.facebook.com/wheresthecode
https://twitter.com/whereisthecode

3)on facebook you must "like" and "share" each post. Liking will only get it so far but "sharing" the post will bring a lot more visibility. So go ahead and hit both buttons that I have highlighted in red in these examples.

Screen-Shot-2015-02-26-at-8.32.59-AM.png

and on twitter you must retweet to get the word out. Just hit the button that I highlighted in a red rounded rectangle.

Screen-Shot-2015-02-26-at-8.35.46-AM.png

Apart form that to the people that say this is a waste of time. All the posts have reached over 6,000 views combined. Now I don't know much about nothing apparently but I would say that the word got out to people that didn't know about this code update problem. This was the entire point in the first place.

With that said I can't be the lone soldier in this. If people could send me some materials to post it would be greatly appreciated.

And please LIKE, SHARE and RETWEET!

#707 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Tell you what John1210...how about you "like" the facebook page and trash talk all you want on it. I promise I won't delete any of your posts! You live in a free country...so go right ahead and let your voice be heard.

#708 4 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Tell you what John1210...how about you "like" the facebook page

That might show a picture of the troll.........troll no like pictures!

troll.jpg

#709 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

My thoughts exactly, pretty weaksauce line of thinking.

#710 4 years ago

Flash - I'm not as artistic as you but I have an idea for one. How about one with Hulk saying something like - "Hulk is mad. Can't get ball out of saucer. Only if there was a way to keep the "H" down for a couple of seconds." This with a picture of a ball stuck in the hulk saucer. I can get you that picture if you like this idea.

This is one of those fixes that would be simple to make in the code but has been neglected.

#711 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Flash - I'm not as artistic as you but I have an idea for one. How about one with Hulk saying something like - "Hulk is mad. Can't get ball out of saucer. Only if there was a way to keep the "H" down for a couple of seconds." This with a picture of a ball stuck in the hulk saucer. I can get you that picture if you like this idea.
This is one of those fixes that would be simple to make in the code but has been neglected.

Post the picture in this thread. And I'll work on something.

#712 4 years ago

Let me know if this doesn't work. So frustrating....

IMG_6030.jpg

#713 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Easy im onto it

Why don't you get "onto" donating to the site...

#714 4 years ago

Well WWE Pro code is out! Why isn't this a surprise!!!

stern-deli-counter-wheresthecode.jpg

#715 4 years ago

stern-deli-counter-wheresthecode.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Last code update for Star Trek was August 31st, 2014

There never was an update for Star Trek in April.

#716 4 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Last code update for Star Trek was August 31st, 2014
There never was an update for Star Trek in April.

Well then Stern should update their site. Because it clearly states 04/08/2014.... just saying....

Screen Shot 2015-02-26 at 4.18.22 PM.png

#717 4 years ago

I have no idea where they got that date.

Read me file for 1.5 says August 26th, but that's just when it was written. Code was released August 31st.

Prior code was a minor one released in February.

#718 4 years ago

New code up first of year wwe

#719 4 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I have no idea where they got that date.
Read me file for 1.5 says August 26th, but that's just when it was written. Code was released August 31st.
Prior code was a minor one released in February.

On top of not getting codes out on time they cant update the dates they are posted on the website.

#720 4 years ago

Well then Stern should update their site. Because it clearly states 04/08/2014.... just saying....
Screen Shot 2015-02-26 at 4.18.22 PM.png (Click image to enlarge)

I believe that is simply metadata from when it was re-uploaded to the new Stern site. Notice that multiple games have dates from the Feb/March/April 2014 era despite being years old. Those dates only are relevant for code released mid 2014 on (ie - hardly any)

#721 4 years ago

I doubt it. The date are encased in an h5 element. And even if that was the case it could be changed to reflect accuracy. This is just sloppy web management from stern's part.

#722 4 years ago

Regardless of how that data is stored, that's what the dates are from. I'm not saying they can't be changed, I'm just saying all the code was "brand new" when the new website launched last year. The dates presumably auto generated on upload or posting to the new site before it was publically live, and Stern never bothered to change or delete them. I'm not defending, just pointing out that 100% of their code is 'new' in the past ~13 months according to those dates there.

#723 4 years ago

stern-deli-counter-wheresthecode.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I am pretty sure the last update for Avengers was Feb. 2013. When they updated their website the dates on the code changed.

#724 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I am pretty sure the last update for Avengers was Feb. 2013. When they updated their website the dates on the code changed.

If that is the case then it just makes it worst!

#725 4 years ago

Hi folks,
I need some inspiration here. However comes up with the best two lines gets the next post on facebook's page...

stern-head-in-sand.jpg

#726 4 years ago

If that is the case then it just makes it worst!

Exactly. From memory when I was one of the first people to receive Hulk LE (Dec. 2012 right before Christmas), there was only one code update that followed which was two months after the first deliveries. It is the perfect example of Stern not supporting a game with excellent code if it does not sell great.

I have even sent messages or e-mails to various Stern employees including Gomez and, of course, did not get any response. It was Gomez's game and he is the VP of the company and he did not put up a proper in house fight to get his own game up to par in the software department.

#727 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Exactly. From memory when I was one of the first people to receive Hulk LE (Dec. 2012 right before Christmas), there was only one code update that followed which was two months after the first deliveries. It is the perfect example of Stern not supporting a game with excellent code if it does not sell great.

That sucks and is BS on Stern's part. That type of approach by Stern makes every new pin they manufacture a risk to buyers as no one really knows how much a game will be supported code wise.

#728 4 years ago

Perhaps Lyman can write the code for another Lyman. Or two.

#730 4 years ago

Star Trek they were already given more time for the last update
That game is ok the layout is just a Spidey/ acdc rehash

#731 4 years ago

Not saying it's bad he just needs to do something new

#732 4 years ago

Delete

#733 4 years ago

Last post on facebook already as 750 views. If people would share instead of liking we could easily reach 10000 views in no time. Like and share the pics

#734 4 years ago

I got burned by the dates on Sterns site too. I went there a month or so ago and got super excited as I thought new code was launched on a couple of my games. Went to download and realized what happened. Major bummer.

#735 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Why don't you get "onto" donating to the site...

#736 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Wow this thread was made for Jan 31 but it is still running what a bunch of

tumblr_m6i4lmB4rs1r0a19h.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

And it's still going to no avail. Yes crying and whining at its best. Only image posted on this thread that pretty much sums it up.

Now back to playing my TWD which has unfinished code, but hey it's fun and who gives a rats if it's finished now or not. Certainly not going to put on a dress and have a cry about it.

#737 4 years ago

Yeah no code 2 months into the year unbelievable

#738 4 years ago

Other people take vacations...we purchase and enjoy pins...but until Stern starts to take code completeion seriously...no more NIB for us....so disrespectiful of Stern customers....typical of todays conditions...spend $100 and get $75 worth of service....

#739 4 years ago

Actually I ordered a NiB metallica (and yes one of the things I looked at was if it had finished code)

As I've said recently many times, this thread isn't to bash the company it's to promote smarter buying habits, inform potential customers and remind stern that yes, customers do care and people are paying attention (most of whom are potential customers)

#740 4 years ago

Can someone take a 2 pictures of their TWD (from the players position... must seen entire game including lockbar and backbox) : one when it's on and one when it's off from exactly the same position and same angle? If someone can pull that off over the weekend and post the picture it would be awesome.

#741 4 years ago

Although I should not chime in (I am the lucky owner of a single Stern with complete / awesome code, WPT) I would like to give you a different perspective:
Consider yourself fortunate to be at the "@wheresthecode" level.
With Nemo and Predator, I am at the @wheresthepin stage...
Others are still at the @wherestheFlippingPrototype stage.

#742 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Although I should not chime in (I am the lucky owner of a single Stern with complete / awesome code, WPT) I would like to give you a different perspective:
Consider yourself fortunate to be at the "@wheresthecode" level.
With Nemo and Predator, I am at the @wheresthepin stage...
Others are still at the @wherestheFlippingPrototype stage.

Different perspective for sure.

I think you are more at the "whydidipreorder" level. Buying from small boutique / serious hobbyis turned entrepreneur cannot be compared with stern's production capacity or resources (professional / financial).

But your point those go with the ideology of " make a smart pinball choice. Wait until the game is finished before you buy". Then again, which choice do people have.... Predator is a joke, JJP and hobbit are late again on delivery, MMR is late to the party as well, highway hasn't delivered a game yet, someone is trying to find Nemo, magic girl and zombie are in "production", TBL is late, vonnie d... Well we will just skip that one.

So you can buy WOZ, met, imve,acdc led (forego cannon modes)... I know I am forgetting some....
and some older games

All the companies jumped on the gravy train and left the consumer behind and it's catching up to them big time!

#743 4 years ago

MMR and hobbit are different in hat they are knowin quantities from companies that are actually producing games. They are a bit tardy but coming (we may even see MMR being delivered this week)

#744 4 years ago

Hmm, interesting. Perhaps start another page about preordering?

#745 4 years ago

As of right now, TBL is still on schedule.

#746 4 years ago

magic girl and zombie are in "production",

Yeah....No, they are complete an utter "vapor ware" at this point.

#747 4 years ago

@flashinstinct

I'm just interested...
Are there any measurable metrics on this initiative?

Xx # Facebook likes
Xx # Facebook shares
Xx # Twitter followers
Xx # Twitter shares
Xx # of comments on stern fb posted vs removed by stern on this topic
Xx # of contacts from stern to anyone on this
Xx # of comments from stern about this
Xx # of public or private communications by stern to make change based on this
Other?

Cheers

#748 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

@flashinstinct
I'm just interested...
Are there any measurable metrics on this initiative?

Quoted from labnip:

Xx # Facebook likes

I'd have to tally it it up but just to give you an idea the last WWE post with the deli meat ticket dispenser "now serving" is at 910 views. And the last time I looked the total was at about 7,000 something post view overall. I'm sure we are passed 8,000 views.

Quoted from labnip:

Xx # Facebook shares

Shares are not significant since most people don't use the feature. Overall maybe 45 shares on roughly 20-30 posts. The post that have shares have more views by about 55%-75%. If people would share the post, views would be in the 10,000 mark per post. The difference between shares and likes are easy. If you share the post it gets put on your timeline, where as liking will just put a notification in the top right corner. That's why I have been sterssing that "share" is more important than "like"

Quoted from labnip:

Xx # Twitter followers

I started posting stuff on twitter 2 weeks ago so it's too early to say. 2 followers, people don't seem to like twitter but I have just posting stuff here and there and not being as consistent as I should.

Quoted from labnip:

Xx # Twitter shares

10-20

Quoted from labnip:

Xx # of comments on stern fb posted vs removed by stern on this topic

Not sure but I can guarantee than stern removed nearly 100% of the posts. Even if some where legitimate questions about code.

Quoted from labnip:

Xx # of contacts from stern to anyone on this

A big fat ZERO

Quoted from labnip:

Xx # of comments from stern about this

Nada

Quoted from labnip:

Xx # of public or private communications by stern to make change based on this

You would have to ask Stern.

Well the thing we can officially say is that there are three things that are happening.
1) Stern can't delete the posts I make because they are on my page
2) When you search the terms Stern Pinball in facebook all are posts get crawled and featured.
3) Page likes are consistently growing.. mind you 228 is not that much but the more people join the more of a voice people have.
4) Another user is publishing an article on his blog soon so I believe we will get more traction.

The important thing here is not to put the cart before the horse. Slow and steady is the way to go. Besides we want the message to go to potential buyers that don't know what they are getting themselves into about code and risks of never getting the game you were promised / advertised.

#749 4 years ago

I'd have to tally it it up but just to give you an idea the last WWE post with the deli meat ticket dispenser "now serving" is at 910 views. And the last I look before that total was at about 7,000 something post view overall. I'm sure we are passed 8,000 views.

Shares are not significant since most people don't use the feature. Overall maybe 45 shares on roughly 20-30 posts. The post that have shares have more views by about 55%-75%. If people would share the post, views would be in the 10,000 mark per post. The difference between shares and likes are easy. If you share the post it gets put on your timeline, where as liking will just put a notification in the top right corner. That's why I have been sterssing that "share" is more important than "like"

I started posting stuff on twitter 2 weeks ago so it's too early to say. 2 followers, people don't seem to like twitter but I have just posting stuff here and there and not being as consistent as I should.

10-20

Not sure but I can guarantee than stern removed nearly 100% of the posts. Even if some where legitimate questions about code.

A big fat ZERO

Nada

You would have to ask Stern.

Well the thing we can officially say is that there are three things that are happening.
1) Stern can't delete the posts I make because they are on my page
2) When you search the terms Stern Pinball in facebook all are posts get crawled and featured.
3) Page likes are consistently growing.. mind you 228 is not that much but the more people join the more of a voice people have.
4) Another user is publishing an article on his blog soon so I believe we will get more traction.
The important thing here is not to put the cart before the horse. Slow and steady is the way to go. Besides we want the message to go to potential buyers that don't know what they are getting themselves into about code and risks of never getting the game you were promised / advertised.

Interesting stuff.
Are there any other local, national offline &/or online press you could reach out too?
Maybe write-up a "manifesto" on the desire for product completion & support drawing in other analygous industries & products and examples of the customer-base influencing improvement?
With an informed story like that (or series of research/stories), many-many online content companies would pick it up and publish the articles.

Just have to avoid "negativity" and instead focus on items like:
the history,
state of market & products,
even the duality of the customer "controversy" between desire to support taking action for change, indifference, uninformed, and resistance to criticism by customers of Stern, (what does that spectrum look like and how have you derived metrics to plot customers along it, then speculate market size against that subset along the spectrum),
similar (other) markets/products, situations outcomes (positive, no change, negative: results),
...blablabla..
?

such content would drive awareness and traffic to your fb account, twitter account, and increase measurable marketing results... of course in the end with the desire to effect change. Within the content, could also site very specific desires for change with existing products, products in development and customer buying habits as goals to achieve, + ...

cheers

#750 4 years ago

I sent pinball news an email and never got an answer. MGC is coming up, if people that are going there would want to get the word out. Making Tshirts would be the best thing (I can supply the AI file for the printer of your choice.). Then people would ask questions and people could answer. Everyone as an opinion.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
There are 2075 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 42.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside