Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 209 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bridgekeeper1.jpg
    tumblr_m7q9qtUKrU1rn0uum.png
    Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
    smiling-fish3.jpg
    F9.jpg
    savage4.jpg
    kerins.jpg
    no rooms.JPG
    butler days inn.JPG
    ESPN Hosts.jpg
    image-881.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lotr_breath.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 9 years ago

I also overheard the announcement at SFGE. But, I didn't hear the details. I will say it is huge and it involves Pinburgh. And remember, Pinburgh next year is July 30th - Aug.2nd, not in March as it has been. Better go ahead and plan your vacation around this event!

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from Chet:

Oh man, the winter is going to be even longer without Pinburgh in March. I luv watching the Pinburgh broadcasts..

Yes, but PAPA Champs will be in March!

#72 9 years ago

Holy S@#T, Mark. I hope you're serious!

butler days inn.JPGbutler days inn.JPG
    #73 9 years ago

OMG!

no rooms.JPGno rooms.JPG
    #105 9 years ago

Just hours away now. I'll be in church when the announcement is made, but I will find out all the details soon enough.

#134 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skulz:

Cool announcement. Any other details on what the other tournament is all about for 3 entries for $10 I think it is?
    Now that we are only about 6 weeks away from Papa17, can someone in the know post up where they think pre-papa tournaments will be so that some of us can make travel plans and accommodations?

The 4/$10 entry tournament is a PAPA style qualifying on VIDEO GAMES. It is not pinball related. Having just been to the SFGE in Atlanta, I look forward to taking in the whole event. But with SFGE, it was a PAPA Circuit event, which took place in a small section of one room. How in the world are they gonna pull off Pinburgh in the midst of a full fledged expo? What I am most confused about is the # of pins vs. # of players. In last years Pinburgh there were 200 machines = 50 sets. There were two groups(eight players) on each set of pins simultaneously, which was 400 players. Now they are saying 280 pins and 700 players. 280 pins = 70 sets. For 70 sets to support 700 players they would have to put 10 players simultaneously on each set. That is 2.5 groups/set? It doesn't add up unless they are going to a different format of some kind. Can anyone make this a little more clear?

#137 9 years ago
    Quoted from DutchTommy:

as far as my math goes is that with 280 pins (4 players on each machine) makes 1120 people all on the games at once maximum. and how they divide it among the sets. is for the tournament director to solve, but i have faith as 1 of them is an master of math so he will probably figure this out how to roll 700 players

Roy, they would not put 4 players on each game because that would be 16 players on a set of 4 games and there would be a lot of waiting. However, I did notice that they added time to make each session last 2:15 instead of just 2 hours. Maybe 3 groups to a bank of 5 pins? As you stated, I'm sure Bowen can fill us in on the math part!

#142 9 years ago

Thanks Mark. Makes more sense to me now. Start with an open machine upstream of the higher seeded group, to allow for possible longer game times from them?

#206 9 years ago

It's always interesting to see what Greg G. or Justin B. will be up to in the PAPA lot.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lotr_breath.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/major-papa-announcement-in-7-days?tu=lotr_breath and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.