New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 95119)

Major Papa Announcement in 7 days

By MikeCP

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 209 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Bridgekeeper1.jpg
    tumblr_m7q9qtUKrU1rn0uum.png
    Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
    smiling-fish3.jpg
    F9.jpg
    savage4.jpg
    kerins.jpg
    no rooms.JPG
    butler days inn.JPG
    ESPN Hosts.jpg
    image-881.jpg

There are 209 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from tb0ne:

If I were to guess, Pinburgh will be a show/tournament and held in some sort of convention center with attached hotel. Now, you can go drink beers in the comfort of a hotel, and even drop a deuce in the privacy of your own bathroom without dealing with 400 other dudes battling for 10 stalls in PAPA's bathroom.

I was never big on hotel bars and I live an hour away so no room either. But that's fine, I'm more a casual kind of guy, sitting on a car drinking and talking to people as they pass.

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

I'm officially in the signup line for Pinburgh 2015! Bowen, you're my witness!!

Huh? It's already sold out.

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

thats not even funny.

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

You are wicked, Kerins. Wicked.

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from tb0ne:

If I were to guess, Pinburgh will be a show/tournament and held in some sort of convention center with attached hotel. Now, you can go drink beers in the comfort of a hotel, and even drop a deuce in the privacy of your own bathroom without dealing with 400 other dudes battling for 10 stalls in PAPA's bathroom.

Porta Sh***ers or Piss tubes in the Parking lot???

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

CRAP!

#57 6 years ago

The biggest announcement I could think of would be installation of some of those vibrating foot massage platforms. Even if they run off tokens. Every multi-day pinball event should have these....

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

The biggest announcement I could think of would be installation of some of those vibrating foot massage platforms. Even if they run off tokens. Every multi-day pinball event should have these....

This is undoubtedly the best suggestion I've heard come out of this thread.

#59 6 years ago

Not going to spoil the party by giving out to much info but it has to do with PAPA building a pin. The cabinets are being made as we speak.

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from exflexer:

Not going to spoil the party by giving out to much info but it has to do with PAPA building a pin. The cabinets are being made as we speak.

PaPa pinball, NICE!

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from exflexer:

You fool....

THAT WASN'T AN EPIC ANNOUNCEMENT! THAT WAS JUST AN ANNOUNCEMENT THAT MATTERED! WE WANT JOHN BORG TO RERUN INDIANA JONES RIGHT THIS INSTANT! THAT IZ EPICS

kthxbai

#62 6 years ago

Haha I just couldn't help myself.

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

This is undoubtedly the best suggestion I've heard come out of this thread.

Amen To that Mark!! or 1 of those coinoperated full body massage seats

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from twitami:

I am guessing they have a location that is a) not in a flood zone, and b) has room for more than 9 cars

Is the PAPA facility considered to be in 100-year flood zone? The Old (1995 FEMA Flood mapping) shows the facility outside the 100 year flood inundation (1 percent chance annually) zone of Chartiers creek, but that mapping and FIS Study was done 10-15 years before the 2004 Ivan event. I know sedimentation and debris was removed from the Chartiers channel and along that reach of stream in 2008-2009, but unless periodically maintained that comes back, especially after floods. Dredging and debris removal will lower future flood crests but in itself is usually not enough to completely eliminate overbank flooding during large flood events like the 100-year flood. Perhaps Mark or Bowen would care to respond?

#65 6 years ago

The last giant rain storm we had in Pittsburgh about a year ago the level of the water in the creek was about 8 ft from cresting.

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

No kidding, the gals at the massage table at PAPA/Pinburgh didn't even show up for some sessions last time I was there. One was mine!

#67 6 years ago

My guess is that the announcement will be that Bowen is running for president in the next election.

#68 6 years ago

Hopefully this isn't like one of Stu's CPR announcements where they say it is coming in two days and then never return.

#69 6 years ago

I nearly missed the announcement of this announcement.

In future can we please have a pre-announcement announcement announcement so that I can adequately prepare.

#70 6 years ago

Are we there yet?

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wizcat:

I nearly missed the announcement of this announcement.
    In future can we please have a pre-announcement announcement announcement so that I can adequately prepare.

This actually was the pre-announcement, so you're safe. The true announcement announcement is coming on Sunday, which may or may not include details of PAPA purchasing the Butler Days Inn.

Also, after the flooding occurred a few years ago, a lot of work was done on the stream banks and bottom... cleaning debris, etc. As EX says, we've had a few major storms go through since and nothing was even close to cresting.

#72 6 years ago

Holy S@#T, Mark. I hope you're serious!

butler days inn.JPG
    #73 6 years ago

OMG!

no rooms.JPG
    #74 6 years ago

Patiently awaiting more details.

Quoted from mhs:

This actually was the pre-announcement, so you're safe. The true announcement announcement is coming on Sunday, which may or may not include details of PAPA purchasing the Butler Days Inn.

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

Nah, just wear FiveFingers

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chet:

Is the PAPA facility considered to be in 100-year flood zone? The Old (1995 FEMA Flood mapping) shows the facility outside the 100 year flood inundation (1 percent chance annually) zone of Chartiers creek, but that mapping and FIS Study was done 10-15 years before the 2004 Ivan event. I know sedimentation and debris was removed from the Chartiers channel and along that reach of stream in 2008-2009, but unless periodically maintained that comes back, especially after floods. Dredging and debris removal will lower future flood crests but in itself is usually not enough to completely eliminate overbank flooding during large flood events like the 100-year flood. Perhaps Mark or Bowen would care to respond?

AVOID DEBRIS

#77 6 years ago

DEBRIS does Pinburgh!

#78 6 years ago

kerins.jpg

AVOID DABEAST

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Announcement of an announcement?

I love pinball.

And it's gonna be Epic!

#80 6 years ago

AND the muddy FLood water that carries it.

#81 6 years ago

Stupid Lite-Ups!

#82 6 years ago

Lock 2 balls in the "Turbo Bobby" to start multiball.

#83 6 years ago

Guaranteed multiball

#84 6 years ago

ESPN with Mean Gene as host!

savage4.jpg
    #85 6 years ago

Kate Upton will become the new papa.tv spokesmodel.

Mark my words, you heard it here first.

#86 6 years ago

Snoop Dogg/Lion/Zilla is going to be changing his name to Snoop Ball and will become the lead PAPA.tv announcer and eventually rise the ranks to become the 'face of pinball'.

I mean come on, how could it possibly go wrong?

#87 6 years ago

My guess is that Pinburgh will be available as 3 separate packages. Pro, Premium and L.E. The Pro is only a 1 day tourney and all machines have had spinners removed. Premium is just like the normal Pinburgh of the past, but every machine you play has been upgraded with LEDs.The L.E. Pinburgh is exactly the same as the Premium except each player gets a special, numbered name tag autographed by Bowen.

#88 6 years ago

Awesome. Another announcement of an announcement. Pretty soon we will get announcements of an announcement coming soon.

#90 6 years ago
    Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

How many days now?

2... many.

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Awesome. Another announcement of an announcement. Pretty soon we will get announcements of an announcement coming soon.

It's like movie trailers.

First you have to have the teaser at a convention. Then you have the publicly released teaser. Then you can release info that is generic as possible, then finally... only then... give out all the details.

#92 6 years ago
    Quoted from geet84:

My guess is that Pinburgh will be available as 3 separate packages. Pro, Premium and L.E. The Pro is only a 1 day tourney and all machines have had spinners removed. Premium is just like the normal Pinburgh of the past, but every machine you play has been upgraded with LEDs.The L.E. Pinburgh is exactly the same as the Premium except each player gets a special, numbered name tag autographed by Bowen.

I find it sad that this is funny!

#93 6 years ago

You are setting up future events in Banning California?
    www.arcadeexpo.com

#94 6 years ago
    Quoted from Propaganda:

You are setting up future events in Banning California?
    http://www.arcadeexpo.com

Someone finally figured it out. Kevin is sick of Pittsburgh weather and roads and is moving PAPA to SoCal!

#95 6 years ago
    Quoted from Zaxxis:

Someone finally figured it out. Kevin is sick of Pittsburgh weather and roads and is moving PAPA to SoCal!

Nope. Not SoCal. VEGAS!

http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2011/07/15/pair-plans-grid-zero-data-center-in-las-vegas/

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

Strip pinball?

AHHH NO PLEASE NO

#97 6 years ago
    Quoted from Zaxxis:

Moving building and all contents to Mexico. Volunteer staff was eating too much food and expenses were unbelievably high. Mexico offers cheap beer and move is expected to break even in just two years. Expect to see documentary about how building will be moved and kept in one piece on Discovery channel.

#98 6 years ago

isnt announcement today? StevenP left an apostrophe out to give you something to do today i kid i kid!

#99 6 years ago

Sorry to break the news early Mark and everyone, but I got this great pic of the new PAPA bathroom remodel... yes!!

F9.jpg

#100 6 years ago

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT IN 25 HOURS ZOMG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 85.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 18.99
    Playfield - Protection
    PinShield
    Lighting - Led
    Professor Pinball
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 42.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 20.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Protection
    COINTAKER.COM
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 25.00
    Lighting - Led
    Pinshakers
    $ 19.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 1,199.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 3.00
    Electronics
    Docent Electronics
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    There are 209 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside