5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 209 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Bridgekeeper1.jpg
    tumblr_m7q9qtUKrU1rn0uum.png
    Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
    smiling-fish3.jpg
    F9.jpg
    savage4.jpg
    kerins.jpg
    no rooms.JPG
    butler days inn.JPG
    ESPN Hosts.jpg
    image-881.jpg

There are 209 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 5 years ago

Any guesses?

From Bowen Kerins:

https://twitter.com/bowenkerins/status/480806599263789056

"MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT IN 7 DAYS

Papa.org"

#2 5 years ago

PAPA final rounds on ESPN??

#3 5 years ago

That would be major news if ESPN picked it up.

#4 5 years ago

They will add "MAMA"?

#5 5 years ago

New Sponsor, A&W! PAPA Burgers for everyone. "Lets all go to A&W."

#6 5 years ago

Strip pinball?

#7 5 years ago

I'm thinking something in the regards to a 3rd "Expo" type show with vendors and a swap meet area at the facility or someplace nearby.

I really hope they announce the demolition of the building in the parking lot. One can dream.

#8 5 years ago

They picked up soccer, I can't imagine why pinball doesn't have a chance now.

#9 5 years ago

I've heard whispers from official people, but promised not to divulge.

It's nothing to do with ESPN or broadcasting of any type.

#10 5 years ago

Pinburgh will move to Madison Square Gardens next year and will now be capped at 12,642 players.

Quoted from GravitaR:

I really hope they announce the demolition of the building in the parking lot. One can dream.

That building is awesome. I hope they remodel it and put pins in there.

#11 5 years ago

Announcement of an announcement?

I love pinball.

#12 5 years ago

Maybe they got some kind of license to be open more than a few days a year?

#13 5 years ago

This might be epic

#14 5 years ago

Wow... this community is awesome

I was told what was going to happen, and can tell everyone it has nothing to do with broadcasting... and people down vote that?

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

PAPA final rounds on ESPN??

On "The Ocho"

image-881.jpg

#16 5 years ago

I hope it's covered by the best color commentary team in the biz, Twinkle and Stink.

ESPN Hosts.jpg

#17 5 years ago

More parking

Whatever it is it better have TMNT their to make the announcement.

#18 5 years ago

I am guessing they have a location that is a) not in a flood zone, and b) has room for more than 9 cars

#19 5 years ago

I'd guess that they moved Pinburgh in order to accommodate more people.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheRave:

I'd guess that they moved Pinburgh in order to accommodate more people.

Very possible since the current location for Pinburgh has hit its support limits in a few ways. in order to expand the field or scope of the event it needs to move.

#21 5 years ago

It definitely has something to do with pinburgh. My guess either another tourny along the same lines as pinburgh or changes to the current pinburgh to allow for more than 400 players.

#22 5 years ago

The rumor I heard was they are adding an arcade game to each bank for Pinburgh.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Announcement of an announcement?

I love pinball.

Yep, so my guess is that the major announcement will be an announcement of an out of this world announcement that a ludicrous announcement will be announced 7 weeks later.

#24 5 years ago

Cheese pump???

#25 5 years ago

Next year pinburg will be a team zen trounament. Each pro will be paired up with a newer player.

I am calling dibs on KOI as a partner!

#26 5 years ago

I love PAPA and have massive respect for Bowen and everyone involved, but please... no more announcements of announcements! Seems like it's bigger news when things are just BOOM announced out of the blue. Speculation threads like these usually wind up lessening the impact, or just flat-out leaking the announcement.

#27 5 years ago

I also overheard the announcement at SFGE. But, I didn't hear the details. I will say it is huge and it involves Pinburgh. And remember, Pinburgh next year is July 30th - Aug.2nd, not in March as it has been. Better go ahead and plan your vacation around this event!

#28 5 years ago

Pinball at X Games?? Anything on TV would be great. Maybe a new sponsorship.

I love PAPA commentary.

#29 5 years ago

All future Pinburgh and PAPA pin events will be played with Powerballs.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

All future Pinburgh and PAPA pin events will be played with Powerballs.

I can bring mine in case it is BYOPB

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zaxxis:

The rumor I heard was they are adding an arcade game to each bank for Pinburgh.

Considering the picture they're using on the website to indicate this announcement is coming has drawings of both arcade machines and pinball machines, I wouldn't be completely surprised, though I somehow doubt this is it...

I think moving to a better location with better parking and having more days open to the public would be the best announcement ever and is the one I'm hoping for! : )

#32 5 years ago

the rumblings last year were about the event co-existing with some other larger audience event... like off-property even.

I'd look for other large arcade or other audience events in the greater region for hints

#33 5 years ago

If the Pinburgh in July is true, then I hope that I can get the chance to visit when out of school! (Meaning I don't have to skip school)

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I also overheard the announcement at SFGE. But, I didn't hear the details. I will say it is huge and it involves Pinburgh. And remember, Pinburgh next year is July 30th - Aug.2nd, not in March as it has been. Better go ahead and plan your vacation around this event!

I wasn't trying to announce the announcement. It was pretty much a joke. Many people do not look at papa.org often enough to notice that the text Major Announcement has been there for quite some time.

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT IN 4 DAYS

#35 5 years ago

And yes, the next Pinburgh will be held at the end of July 2015.

#36 5 years ago

PAPA's major announcement should be that Vonnie D pinball will have a major announcement soon.
    Vonnie D's major announcement should be that PAPA will have a major announcement soon.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

I wasn't trying to announce the announcement. It was pretty much a joke. Many people do not look at papa.org often enough to notice that the text Major Announcement has been there for quite some time.

Well, we know any real news will be posted to Pinside for endless dissemination.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

Thanks for clarifying. I'd lost track of how many days. Spill the beans! Can't wait any more!

Hope you're opening venue more often and Pinburgh enrollment is increasing!

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

Oh man, the winter is going to be even longer without Pinburgh in March. I luv watching the Pinburgh broadcasts..

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Thanks for clarifying. I'd lost track of how many days. Spill the beans! Can't wait any more! /blockquote>

Wait I lost track of my 6 days of beans. I had 6 beans, then I had 4 days of beans. Then I got hungry and ate some black beans in my burrito.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chet:

Oh man, the winter is going to be even longer without Pinburgh in March. I luv watching the Pinburgh broadcasts..

Yes, but PAPA Champs will be in March!

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yes, but PAPA Champs will be in March!

Which will suck, IMHO.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from KoolFingers:

Which will suck, IMHO.

how so??

#44 5 years ago

Because he doesn't like fun.

#45 5 years ago

I enjoy the party atmosphere outside and in the parking lot, having a few beers and talking with others. In colder weather that's a bit hard. I guess coffee and hot chocolate around a barrel fire would work.

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

That building is awesome. I hope they remodel it and put pins in there.

Agree. That's the traditional Hobo Hangout!

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

I'm officially in the signup line for Pinburgh 2015! Bowen, you're my witness!!

#48 5 years ago

Deal for PAPA to put pins in all Papa John's. Better Pins, Better Pizza

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from KoolFingers:

I enjoy the party atmosphere outside and in the parking lot, having a few beers and talking with others. In colder weather that's a bit hard. I guess coffee and hot chocolate around a barrel fire would work.

If I were to guess, Pinburgh will be a show/tournament and held in some sort of convention center with attached hotel. Now, you can go drink beers in the comfort of a hotel, and even drop a deuce in the privacy of your own bathroom without dealing with 400 other dudes battling for 10 stalls in PAPA's bathroom.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from tb0ne:

If I were to guess, Pinburgh will be a show/tournament and held in some sort of convention center with attached hotel. Now, you can go drink beers in the comfort of a hotel, and even drop a deuce in the privacy of your own bathroom without dealing with 400 other dudes battling for 10 stalls in PAPA's bathroom.

Hate to be the guy(s) who have to move 200+ pins from PAPA to the hotel!!

A real blockbuster would be converting the adjacent building to a hotel! On-site accommodations!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 12.99
    $ 10.95
    $ 239.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 19.00
    Boards
    Tilted Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 21.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 115.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 50.00
    $ 11.95
    $ 17.99
    Playfield - Decals
    Lermods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    $ 179.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    € 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    There are 209 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside