(Topic ID: 131891)

My KISS Pro is finally working!! Update and a thanks!

By Minneapolispin

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 306 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Banker
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KISSS.png
code.png
bolt.png
untitled.png
screw.png
untitled.png
met.jpg
IMGA0933.jpg
IMGA0930.jpg
IMG_8877.jpg
fwx-homemade-zima.jpg
WP_20150630_10_32_45_Pro.jpg
There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 8 years ago

Well shit, that really stinks man. Thats some bad karma. I'm sure it's super frustrating. When it gets figured out I hope you can post what the issue was and how it got resolved. In the meantime, if you havent done so already I would double check the connections at the trough itself under the playfield. One of the connections or one of the switches might be a little flaky.

#52 8 years ago

The game is now completely stuck in "locating missing ball" mode when turned on. I re-seated everything. This is so dang frustrating. I've been nerd'ing out on getting this machine for ever. Video #2 coming soon. Any ideas are beyond appreciated at this point!

#53 8 years ago

Disclaimer: I've never even seen a Spike game in person.

If the trough opto board has a connector you can disconnect and reseat, I'd try that.

#54 8 years ago

Did you lift the playfield and reseat those connectors as well?

#55 8 years ago

I just got a text from another buddy who had his delivered today and he says it's playing good, but he's getting random lock up issues.

So to recap the three of us that got ours today...

1. The one guy I mentioned from last night, that started this whole thread is still having a ton of issues.
2. My other buddy seems to be playing his fine tonight, but is getting some lock up issues.
3. And mine is DOA at this point.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from policano:

now with around 1000 plays

just wanted to say I WISH we experienced that amount of play.

That is flipping awesome!

#57 8 years ago

Sorry about your issues OP!

Wish I could be of help

#58 8 years ago

Everything I know about spike came from this video:

It has LEDs on each of the node boards to tell if the voltage is there, and if the node board is communicating with the CPU. So until Stern can respond, that is where I'd start. I'd look at the trough, and follow its data and power cables to a node board, and then see the status of that board.

Sorry I can't do better, but I don't have one yet.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I just got a text from another buddy who had his delivered today and he says it's playing good, but he's getting random lock up issues.
So to recap the three of us that got ours today...
1. The one guy I mentioned from last night, that started this whole thread is still having a ton of issues.
2. My other buddy seems to be playing his fine tonight, but is getting some lock up issues.
3. And mine is DOA at this point.

Now you title has earned it right to exist.

Sorry about your troubles. I would be royally pissed.

#60 8 years ago

Holy s**t!! Now I'm worried about mine. I wonder if reloading the game code would help.

#61 8 years ago

On a side note, this is an interesting sticker I found under the playfield. Any ideas what it means?

IMG_8877.jpgIMG_8877.jpg

#63 8 years ago

I think there is one key piece of info missing. Where the hell did you get a zima?

#64 8 years ago

I'm not a Kiss fan, yet this game looks really awesome (aside from all the issues you're experiencing). I hope they get you sorted out soon!

#65 8 years ago

Sucks. More reason to wait for code and kinks to be worked out before buying.

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Sucks. More reason to wait for code and kinks to be worked out before buying.

I know. I told myself to wait at least 6 months, but being a huge KISS nerd and music collector, I just had to have it. I'll never do another NIB again, without waiting for a long time after the street date. My NIB Metallica has been flawless the past year, so I thought I was ok.

#67 8 years ago

OP, were all 3 troublesome games made on the same day? Someone on the line might have been having a bad day or night before.

#68 8 years ago

Here is video #2 with the game stuck in 'can't find the ball mode'. At least I have a sweet cardboard box to play with....

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

OP, were all 3 troublesome games made on the same day? Someone on the line might have been having a bad day or night before.

I assume so. All three games shipped to Minnesota on Friday and they arrived yesterday. One of the guys picked his up yesterday and had the issues last night. Me and my buddy had ours delivered today. Mine is DOA and his is freezing up during gameplay.

#70 8 years ago

Any LEDs not blinking on the board in the backbox that are listed on the video about the spike system that Stern put out? There seems to be a node board issue on yours. Something is not talking correctly.

#71 8 years ago

Don't fret too much. They will fix the issues.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Ummm.... your hand truck looks like it is on a side that says "DO NOT TRUCK FROM THIS SIDE".

Yes it does. MNpin, did you move it into the house that way? Here's my Mustang being unloaded, notice the box markings. If yours was moved that way in your picture it was tilted upside down.

IMGA0930.jpgIMGA0930.jpg
IMGA0933.jpgIMGA0933.jpg

#73 8 years ago

My NIB Metallica has been flawless the past year, so I thought I was ok.

Sometimes they just have issues. Here is my MET that is about a month old. Yes, Stern is replacing it (but I have to send the PF to Stern)

met.jpgmet.jpg

#74 8 years ago

No -the delivery guy dropped the pallet at my door and then I scooted the jack under to pull it inside the other 3 feet. It barely tipped up.

Side note -just got this note from another guy who got his today: "Game locks up about every 10 games and the Demon spits the ball right down the middle on 80% of the locks".

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Sometimes they just have issues. Here is my MET that is about a month old. Yes, Stern is replacing it (but I have to send the PF to Stern)

met.jpg

That looks all too familiar.

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

met.jpg

Sure they do but 3 games with pretty much the same problems going to the same state at the some time. What's needed is to get all the mfg serial numbers for the games that were made that day, track them and see if anymore from that run are having problems.

#77 8 years ago

No -the delivery guy dropped the pallet at my door and then I scooted the jack under to pull it inside the other 3 feet. It barely tipped up.

Yeah that's not a problem then.

Quoted from Minneapolispin:Side note -just got this note from another guy who got his today: "Game locks up about every 10 games and the Demon spits the ball right down the middle on 80% of the locks".

So that's 4 of you know? Stern has a MAJOR problem it looks like.

#78 8 years ago

My KISS shoots the ball SDTM a lot also, but doesn't lock up that I know of. It prob has about 1500 plays on it by now.

#79 8 years ago

Re ball search, have you checked the trough? LEDs from spotlights have a tendancy to fall out and end up in the trough, seen this happen a few times including on a just out of the box Star Trek Pro a few months ago.

#80 8 years ago

Dear god - good luck to you all.
And to all you guys trying to sound positive - good.
If my NIB ST LE did this; I'd be fu*king livid and would have hoped for some support from this community.

#81 8 years ago

Sorry to hear.

I wish QC went in the same direction as ever increasing prices.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'd be fu*king livid

If my LE has half these problems, I will NEVER buy a NIB from Stern EVER again!

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

no excuse really.

#84 8 years ago

Wonder if WWE had any Spike related issues similar to these being reported for KISS.

#85 8 years ago

84 posts may seem like a long "time" but it has only been 1 day since this thread started. I would give Stern a chance here.

#86 8 years ago

Lock up and reset issues were reported last month by numerous peopel when the very first games rolled off the line. We were told it is a code issue. i am beginning to wonder now with more of them and apparently more frequent.

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wonder if WWE had any Spike related issues

someone has to actully buy a WWE for us to know if it would have problems.

#88 8 years ago

Hopeful that it's not an engineering mistake, but a code mistake that can be fixed.

#89 8 years ago

please keep us updated on these problems and the fix as this new spike system is new to all of us.

#90 8 years ago

Has any of you 3 tried re-installing the code....helped a guy having problems with his NIB ST PREM few days ago..???...............Joey

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Has any of you 3 tried re-installing the code....helped a guy having problems with his NIB ST PREM few days ago..???...............Joey

Different board set but worth a shot.

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Different board set but worth a shot.

Doh...!!!....good call......man..with all these nib stories...you guys are making me think twice about it...really can't wait to see what Stern does for you guys...Well OP...the positives are...

1.at least this wasn't your first NIB experience...

2.thats pretty much the only one I can think of................Joey

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Currently this is not an option as Stern has not publicly posted KISS code yet. You can't even download it on their site yet.

Stern has posted video on their Facebook of Borg playing an updated v1.0 code, and some people here were saying that a code release was scheduled for this week, but we haven't seen any code posted yet.

Quoted from cooked71:

Wonder if WWE had any Spike related issues similar to these being reported for KISS.

I have a Wrestlemania LE with the SPIKE system, but I haven't experienced any of these issues that the OP is having. However, I did have an issue with the system randomly restarting every once in a while (it didn't happen extremely often but often enough for me to reach out to Stern tech support). Stern sent me a new CPU board, and I haven't had any issues as of yet.

Quoted from pinballnut3:

I bought Wrestlemania LE & am enjoying it (of course it needs some updated code). The majority here on Pinside seem to hate the theme & unique layout, but I'm actually a fan of both.

#94 8 years ago

This whole thread is disheartening. I was planning on ordering a kiss, but I'm not sure if I want to take the chance. I'd be super pissed if I Just dropped 4500 on a new game and it didn't work when I got it.

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Stern QC is AWFUL. Fortunately Pat and his team do offer great support but that doesn't change the fact that what leaves the factory is often less than perfect

I wouldn't say awful, this is a BRAND new board set. There are bound to be a lot of issues to work out. Hell they could of got a bad batch of memory chips or theres a bug in the OS. This is what happens with new things... There is a warranty for this reason. It sucks, I don't wish this on any pinball buyer, but we have to work through and document this for Stern so they can fix/resolve these for future games.

#96 8 years ago

Sucks to have problems out of the box. I would be checking, inspecting and re-seating ALL cables if it was mine.

Shame too, because I have never had an issue with the previous board set and I've had a bunch of different newer Sterns with them. Not sure I'm ready to be a fan of the new spike system. Time will tell.

GL!

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

I had WWE and have KISS and they worked fine. Hopefully the solution is simple.

#98 8 years ago

The rights to Zima are owned by Coors. At the end of the brewery tour, they have a little bar-room. There was a slushie machine on the counter counter making Zima slushie!! When I asked about it, they said they bought the rights and re-formulated it. With that being said: I have never seen one in the wild. We now return you to your regularly scheduled pinball show...

#99 8 years ago

Is there a feature in Spike that allows for you to back-up your code? I.E. - save it to a memory stick? If so, maybe someone that has a working KISS could pull the code off their game, post it in drop box and let these guys try re-installing the code from a known working game.

Feel for you OP.

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

This whole thread is disheartening. I was planning on ordering a kiss, but I'm not sure if I want to take the chance. I'd be super pissed if I Just dropped 4500 on a new game and it didn't work when I got it.

This sucks for those that ordered. It's BS that this happens, especially something this expensive. But, at least it's Stern; and I'm certain they will make it right. Got to be QA or code problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/major-out-of-the-box-kiss-pro-issues/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.