View topic image gallery

IMAG0646.jpg
IMAG0645.jpg
IMG_1121.jpg
IMG_1120.jpg
IMG_1118.jpg
IMG_1116.jpg
IMG_1115.jpg
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

Ive been running 1.05 since it was released. no problems.

#52 8 years ago

Got home early and decided to try and load a fresh version of 1.05. All 41 switch error codes came back on! However all switches work perfectly during gameplay. I also noticed that my high scores from 1.05 have reappeared. When I downgraded to 1.04 my old high scores reappeared from that version 1.04 as well. I thought with every code update the high scores got erased? The only thing I reused to load a fresh 1.05 was the thumb drive. Could that be the issue? The saga continues...

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Got home early and decided to try and load a fresh version of 1.05. All 41 switch error codes came back on! However all switches work perfectly during gameplay. I also noticed that my high scores from 1.05 have reappeared. When I downgraded to 1.04 my old high scores reappeared from that version 1.04 as well. I thought with every code update the high scores got erased? The only thing I reused to load a fresh 1.05 was the thumb drive. Could that be the issue? The saga continues...

New spike boards have saved my scores from last update as well. Any other issues?

#54 8 years ago

My scores are never saved when i update. That is weird!

#55 8 years ago

That is odd. I upgraded my LE to 1.05 from 1.04 out of the box with no issues. Noticed some sound issues but no errors with the switches. I was concerned I would have memory card issues, reason for the delay shipping the LE's. If 1.04 is running clean I don't think the memory cards are the issue. I would attempt to save 1.05 on another USB drive. Make sure there is nothing else on the drive other than the code update. Hope to see you get it fixed soon. Stern support is pretty phenomenal.

#56 8 years ago

Will try a fresh 1.05 on a new flash drive later today. No other issues to report. I'm running 1.04 now with the topper. Topper just stays lit and no interaction....not quite as much fun.

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

It saved scores from 1.03 to 1.04 I have not installed 1.05 as it is just a topper update and ticket dispenser.

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Ill second that received my topper a couple days ago updated code nothing saved

#59 8 years ago
#61 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Ive been running 1.05 since it was released. no problems.

Just curious if you've gone into the Tech menu and checked for any errors?

#62 8 years ago

Just downloaded 1.05 on a brand new different make of flash drive. 41 errors and now machine randomly shuts off. This MUST be an issue with the code? Again 1.04 works perfect.

#63 8 years ago

Just downloaded 1.05 on a brand new different make of flash drive. 41 errors and now machine randomly shuts off. This MUST be an issue with the code? Again 1.04 works perfect.

Download it from a different computer. For example, bad ram can corrupt your downloads.

Rob

#64 8 years ago

if the coin door is open on the new sterns, everything shuts off. have you tried that yet?

#65 8 years ago

Yes I downloaded it from 3 different computers. I have the interlock switch at full power. I checked the node boards in the service menu and they all pass.

#66 8 years ago

I would some times have to use a windows computer to do downloads, are you using a mac?

#67 8 years ago

Used 3 different computers. Windows 7, 8 and 10.

#68 8 years ago

Used 3 different computers. Windows 7, 8 and 10.

format drive and then use 1.04. 1.05 will not do you any good unless you have a topper or are using a ticket dispenser

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

format drive and then use 1.04. 1.05 will not do you any good unless you have a topper or are using a ticket dispenser

I have the topper that's why I'm trying to use 1.05. 1.04 works with no switch errors but the topper just lights with no game interaction.

#70 8 years ago

I have the topper that's why I'm trying to use 1.05. 1.04 works with no switch errors but the topper just lights with no game interaction.

ah gotcha

#71 8 years ago

It's like it's randomly throwing our phoney tech issues.

#72 8 years ago

try updating with topper unplugged

#73 8 years ago

Good idea. Updating now...

#74 8 years ago

Still having same problem. Spoke with Pat and he suspects a bad SD card. Not really sure cuz mine is a Kingston. Supposed to send one out on Monday. We'll see.

#75 8 years ago

While I'm waiting for the card are there any others running 1.05 with the topper getting phoney switch alerts? You'll have to check the Tech tab in the service menu to see them. Thanks in advance.

#76 8 years ago

Im getting a message that two balls are missing lol but their not

#77 8 years ago

I updated and have no issues, so I am thinking bad SD card

#78 8 years ago

While I'm waiting for the card are there any others running 1.05 with the topper getting phoney switch alerts? You'll have to check the Tech tab in the service menu to see them. Thanks in advance.

Just a stupid thought to throw out. Make sure you are downloading the right update to the pinball machine. When I first downloaded the updated code to Kiss, I accidentally downloaded the pro rom and not the LE version. I caught it before installing but I am sure the pro code would not work correctly in the LE. Maybe you tried this or looked into it. Good Luck. I am having no issues with my Kiss LE running the topper and using code 1.05

YouTube Video :

#79 8 years ago

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm definitely using the correct update for my machine. If it is a buggy code I just want Stern to be aware so it can be fixed with the next update. Great vids Wiggy. I've used your tutorials for a few add ons. Great info for us rookies.

#80 8 years ago

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm definitely using the correct update for my machine. If it is a buggy code I just want Stern to be aware so it can be fixed with the next update. Great vids Wiggy. I've used your tutorials for a few add ons. Great info for us rookies.

Thanks man, appreciate it. Good luck with the fix.

#81 8 years ago

FINALLY fixed the problem. All it needed was a factory reset!! Imagine that!! Thanks to all who tried to help me out. And Pat over at Stern. Awesome support.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/major-kiss-premium-issues-help/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.