New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 110708)

Majestic Ball Bowler – Game select/frame light/frame advance/player ad

By T2F14

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20141127_122529.jpg
    20141127_122613.jpg
    $_57 (9).jpg
    20141127_122604.jpg
    20141127_122552.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider T2F14.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

My Chicago Coin Majestic big ball bowler was working fine until I turned it on today. The game selection button was not changing games. When I added two players the frame lights did not come on. When I played the game it scored the first player only and did not advance frame. I played about 20 frames and they all scored to the first player. I tried to reset the game by adding players (Coin return button is add player button). It added all six players but never reset. Anybody have idea what is stuck, broken, not firing, or causing all this issues at once? (Select game, frame light, frame advance, etc. not to work.)

#3 5 years ago

Here are some photos. Labels show up when I look at them on my computer. Not sure how much the photos will downsize when loaded here. (They are 4MB files.)20141127_122613.jpg If you tell me exactly what you are looking for I can take a picture of just that area.

I tried the obvious - looking for broken wires, stuck plunger, stuck steppers. All steppers and switches were just cleaned in August. I am guessing it is somewhere in the game selector unit, frame unit, or maybe end of game coils. I can manually select games with the game steeper. When I manually advance the frame stepper nothing appears to happen. No frame lights up and no player advances. It is scoring fine - but only on player one.20141127_122604.jpg20141127_122604.jpg20141127_122552.jpg20141127_122529.jpg

$_57 (9).jpg
    #5 5 years ago

I had mine running since August, after I went through cleaning and replacing the rubber, trued the lanes, repaired the frame, replace a couple bad coils, cleaned steppers and switches, and generally scrubbed the whole thing clean. Now I’m trying to figure it out again. Before it broke I was thinking about doing the “pretty stuff” after the New Year – tear it back down, sand and repaint/refinish, polish the chrome, etc.

I did the TOP 8 Bowler repair video (www.pinrepair.com/top/top8.htm) rehab and it was running with two minor issues. One was when you played a flash game the motor keep running after the game ended. It “reset” with a new game. The other was the game over lights never came on. Plan was to get to those issues over Christmas. Now I hope to have current issue isolated by Christmas!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 259.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    $ 35.00
    $ 16.50
    Lighting - Led
    Lermods
    $ 12.00
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D Tech. Pinball Parts
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 109.99
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Metalhead Pinball
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Lighting - Interactive
    Cobra Amusements
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Decals
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 14.95
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 17.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 55.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider T2F14.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside