5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by HHaase
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 months ago

My apologies up front for what may be a stupid question(s) for most of you here and I did some searching but couldn't find the answer so if I missed something obvious please don't hesitate to point it out to me as I hate asking questions that have likely been answered a thousand times over...

Okay so my questions are about maintenance.

1. How often do you inspect your flipper coils? Is it by number of games played? By time? Both?
    2. How often do you change your coil sleeves? Is it by feel or some other standard? If by feel, my assumption here is you move the flipper manually and if it doesn't feel smooth then that's an indication?
    3. Other than playfield cleaning, is there anything else I should be mindful of?

I want to take care of my games and keep them in the absolute best shape possible...

Thank you in advance!!!

Thanks,
    Jeff

#2 5 months ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

1. How often do you inspect your flipper coils? Is it by number of games played? By time? Both?

2. How often do you change your coil sleeves? Is it by feel or some other standard? If by feel, my assumption here is you move the flipper manually and if it doesn't feel smooth then that's an indication?

Only if they feel sluggish. Coils hardly ever fail, but disassembly and clean mechanical moving parts, bushings and coil sleeve (I use isopropryl 90% from the drugstore). Replace the sleeves if really worn out. I just feel if the flipper plunger runs through smoothly and doesn't feel rough or binding. Games that use physical switches such as EOSs will also get those cleaned, or replaced if pitted beyond cleaning.

Quoted from jeffro01:

3. Other than playfield cleaning, is there anything else I should be mindful of?
    I want to take care of my games and keep them in the absolute best shape possible...
    Thank you in advance!!!
    Thanks,
    Jeff

Be mindful of rubber, look at condition of flipper rubber, shooter tips, anywhere the rubber is wrapped around a post or sharp corner...these areas are the first to develop cracks and split. Clean shooter rods where they run through the bushings, replace burned out lamps.

I really don't do a lot of regular maintenance to any schedule... but mine probably don't get played as often as some.

#3 5 months ago

Replace the pinballs regularly. If they dull or show signs of pitting, time to replace. They become spherical sand paper.

#4 5 months ago
    Quoted from GLSP3022:

Replace the pinballs regularly. If they dull or show signs of pitting, time to replace. They become spherical sand paper.

Good point, I forgot to mention inspecting your balls regularly

#5 5 months ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Good point, I forgot to mention inspecting your balls regularly

Aaaaaaaaaren't some folks here probably inspecting them too much?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 11.00
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 29.99
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside