Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Dent00
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5d54da86-061c-4f8a-b9fc-59d84f925f4a_text.gif
    #1 2 years ago

I have a game somewhat near my kitchen, and was wondering what the "go to product" is to clean and maintain the cabinet without effecting the original graphics.

#2 2 years ago

Maybe just a slightly damp microfiber towel?

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

But sometimes I cook food (like bacon) that creates grease on the glass, so I know it gets on the cabinet as well. I want to clean the cabinet without effecting the original graphics.

#4 2 years ago

What kind of game? EM w painted cab? DMD w silkscreen? Radcals?

Lotta guys use Simple Green or that orange stuff.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blenderhead:

But sometimes I cook food (like bacon) that creates grease on the glass, so I know it gets on the cabinet as well. I want to clean the cabinet without effecting the original graphics.

Jesus Christ, get it away from your stove!

And put a lid on the damn pan....kids these days........

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

What kind of game? EM w painted cab? DMD w silkscreen? Radcals?
    Lotta guys use Simple Green or that orange stuff.

I use simple green. Have never had artwork wear off with it.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I will start here

#8 2 years ago

I am referring to my SW 2017 Stern

#9 2 years ago

I bought this to install decals and it works great to safety clean cabinets. https://rapidtac.com/rapid-prep.html

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Jesus Christ, get it away from your stove!
    And put a lid on the damn pan....kids these days........

Lol! Can't change my perfect bacon cooking technique! Ill eat bacon while playing my greasy machines!

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from Blenderhead:

Ill eat bacon while playing my greasy machines!

You may be on to something here! LOL

#12 2 years ago
    5d54da86-061c-4f8a-b9fc-59d84f925f4a_text.gif5d54da86-061c-4f8a-b9fc-59d84f925f4a_text.gif
    #13 2 years ago

Warm water with a little soap won’t hurt those decals. Damp cloth not soaking wet tho.

#14 2 years ago

Time for one of those cabinet covers!

#15 2 years ago

I wax the cabinet when I wax the playfield. Cleans up easy afterwards

#16 2 years ago

LA's Totally Awesome at the dollar store works great at removing grease and nicotine stains off cabinets. Spray on the cloth, not the cabinet.

#17 2 years ago

Maybe cover your game so you don't splash cooking grease all over it?

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Maybe cover your game so you don't splash cooking grease all over it?

Good idea, time for a blanket! You can find a plethora on amazon.com

#19 2 years ago

If your machine is in the kitchen, I assume there are windows that allow sunlight exposure on the machine. Over time, sunlight will affect the outer surface of the machine and dull the paint or decals, not to mention heat or other things in the kitchen that might affect it while cooking and what not. Having said all that, I will just mention that I purchased a cover for my machine similar to the one on the ebay link attached. I am not endorsing this seller, as I am not familiar with them. The cover appears to be the same as the one that I purchased from the "Gameroom Guys" several years ago and I like it. A blanket might also work if it covers the back box and the main portion of the machine. Just my opinion.
    ebay.com link: itm

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maintaining-exterior-cabinet- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.