(Topic ID: 211288)

Maine pinsiders

By jrio101

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5E14B05F-C439-4AD5-B0E3-845DE05C8F75 (resized).png
    566C1D7D-1763-4A6C-8CF7-29E9D43AE4D4 (resized).png
    47F7D750-99B4-4E9A-9986-9CB99A6EE337 (resized).jpeg
    A2D315CF-BC45-4849-8E8A-C2B23C1DE84B (resized).png
    C9EA32FD-A795-4F79-A5D0-B123A7CB6B60 (resized).png
    442CFECA-3897-4364-BCA0-D30724A2D3D7 (resized).jpeg
    1861BD2E-08DE-47C1-8D72-764331B67F69 (resized).jpeg
    ij (resized).jpg
    AFDB5776-7244-410C-A7FF-A3E0E9D7FF77 (resized).jpeg
    D8CFBC92-1BE9-4A19-85FD-9A19C573FAD0 (resized).jpeg
    #1 6 years ago

Let's try to get maine pinsiders together and play some pinball.

#2 6 years ago

We just booked a weekend up in Portland for the evening to see Jeremiah Freed.

Should be at Arcadia tomorrow all day, possibly late afternoon today as well.

#3 6 years ago

Have fun at arcadia, wish I could make it down tomorrow. If you want to travel 1 hour north of Portland you're welcome to come and play my collection.

#4 6 years ago

Arcadia is "closed for renovations will be back late April" https://www.facebook.com/ArcadiaNationalBar/

I got a Barn Raising Tomorrow for my nieces farm

I do need to make it further Down Maine for some pinball someday

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from chas10e:

Arcadia is "closed for renovations will be back late April" https://www.facebook.com/ArcadiaNationalBar/
    I got a Barn Raising Tomorrow for my nieces farm
    I do need to make it further Down Maine for some pinball someday

Well god damn...

Looks like the comics shop with the pins by Arcadia will have to pinch hit.

#6 6 years ago

couple of Mainers representing @ Pinmasters in Las Vegas https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

#7 6 years ago

There can't be a dozen people that play pinball in Maine

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from cnuts13:

in the New England Pinball Leauge Maine has as many players as New Hampshire & Vermont http://nepl.org/

myself , I play in NH 'cause the of the York & Portland toll booths there & back

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from jrio101:

Let's try to get maine pinsiders together and play some pinball.

im in rumford you should come over some time and play..

#10 6 years ago

That sounds awesome we have to set that up.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from tadpole17:

im in rumford you should come over some time and play..

Yeah I'd like to make it up that-a-way myself. always good to see a good few of you guys @ leauge-finals & Pinmainia

Shawn

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from cnuts13:

Here’s the place we played today in Portland in the back of a comics store, and that’s only because the barcade down the street is closed for EXPANSION.

Pics taken before lunch. At least a dozen came in after.

Also I’m editing the girl out so I don’t get slapped for putting pics of her online.

D8CFBC92-1BE9-4A19-85FD-9A19C573FAD0 (resized).jpegD8CFBC92-1BE9-4A19-85FD-9A19C573FAD0 (resized).jpeg

AFDB5776-7244-410C-A7FF-A3E0E9D7FF77 (resized).jpegAFDB5776-7244-410C-A7FF-A3E0E9D7FF77 (resized).jpeg

#13 6 years ago

yeah Coast City Comics had some good pins in there ... must have got a few more from Arcadia

https://coastcitycomics.com/ they sell some cool collectables there ...and... oh yeah ... Comics

#14 6 years ago

Fridays in Portland : I like to superb meal at the Pizza Villa & AC/DC then over to Bayside Bowl for tasty brews and CFTBL & IJ.
    Had a good game this week.

ij (resized).jpgij (resized).jpg

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from jrio101:

That sounds awesome we have to set that up.

jrio101 send me a text some time you want to come over 357 388two

3 months later
    #16 5 years ago

I’m in Winthrop,ME. My wife and I are getting into pinball and have been looking for places to play locally beside the Family Dine and Play in the Auburn Mall.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from BjornC:

I’m in Winthrop,ME. My wife and I are getting into pinball and have been looking for places to play locally beside the Family Dine and Play in the Auburn Mall.

Welcome to Pinside, from where I'm at, most places are about an hour drive to play league and I am meeting terrific people in both public and private locations.

#18 5 years ago

Thanks. Ya we are looking to make a trip to Arcadia or the comic book store this Sunday as a Father’s Day treat for me! I’m excited to play some new pins. Did manage to finally get chaos mode going on Jurassic Park yesterday at Family Dine and Play!

#19 5 years ago

I'm up in Oakland, always willing to have peeps come over and play. Also you should def think about joining the new England pinball league. It is a great way to play pinball and meet a lot of similar people.

Just shoot me a PM if you want.

#20 5 years ago

Got to go see Arcadia and Costal comics. Was nice to play some new pins. Really liked Avatar, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Medival Madness. Hopefully will get to make the trip down to Portland again soon!

#21 5 years ago

Found a really broken in Mario and got to put initials into a machine for the first time! At the Wharf Bar in Hallowell.

1861BD2E-08DE-47C1-8D72-764331B67F69 (resized).jpeg1861BD2E-08DE-47C1-8D72-764331B67F69 (resized).jpeg442CFECA-3897-4364-BCA0-D30724A2D3D7 (resized).jpeg442CFECA-3897-4364-BCA0-D30724A2D3D7 (resized).jpeg
    #22 5 years ago

I am a “born and raised in Maine” Pinsider heading back up tomorrow to visit family and will be playing up there. Arcadia National Bar and Coast City Comics are Pinball treasures I love to visit. Can’t wait.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from BjornC:

Most Pinheads are the nicest folks. You can message them and introduce yourself and get tips on where to play and even an invite to their homes sometimes. Welcome to the madness!

1 week later
    #24 5 years ago

Stopped Coastal City Comics during the 4th of July and had a few good rounds of pinball. Managed to leave some initials on Walking Dead and Starship Troopers!

A2D315CF-BC45-4849-8E8A-C2B23C1DE84B (resized).pngA2D315CF-BC45-4849-8E8A-C2B23C1DE84B (resized).pngC9EA32FD-A795-4F79-A5D0-B123A7CB6B60 (resized).pngC9EA32FD-A795-4F79-A5D0-B123A7CB6B60 (resized).png
    1 week later
    #25 5 years ago

Found a Kiss machine at Interstate Bowling in Augusta. Got my initials in another machine!

47F7D750-99B4-4E9A-9986-9CB99A6EE337 (resized).jpeg47F7D750-99B4-4E9A-9986-9CB99A6EE337 (resized).jpeg
    #26 5 years ago

NEPL will start the first week of September ... keep an eye on http://nepl.org/ as locations and times may change. also look for NEPL on Facebook

2 weeks later
    #27 5 years ago

Just came across this article concerning a Mainer also very well written by a Mainer

http://wjbq.com/gorham-woman-crowned-womens-international-pinball-champion/

#28 5 years ago

There is a tourney this Sunday at Arcadia in Portland. you should make the trip down and come hang out with a bunch of maine pinballers.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2010368475661745/

1 week later
    #29 5 years ago

Would like to but my schedule is hectic between work, kids, and life. Did get to check out Tokens Taproom in Dover, NH this weekend. Nice selection of pins. Had a great game on The Walking Dead and Red and Ted’s Roadshow.

566C1D7D-1763-4A6C-8CF7-29E9D43AE4D4 (resized).png566C1D7D-1763-4A6C-8CF7-29E9D43AE4D4 (resized).png5E14B05F-C439-4AD5-B0E3-845DE05C8F75 (resized).png5E14B05F-C439-4AD5-B0E3-845DE05C8F75 (resized).png
    2 years later
    #30 2 years ago

Thread Necro here. Bump!

I recently moved to the area and Arcadia is still closed for now; I tried Coast City and they said they'd sold off most of their pins and hadn't re-opened the back room yet, nothing to play. Any other locations, leagues, or other pinball goings-on in the Portland area?

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

Thread Necro here. Bump!
    I recently moved to the area and Arcadia is still closed for now; I tried Coast City and they said they'd sold off most of their pins and hadn't re-opened the back room yet, nothing to play. Any other locations, leagues, or other pinball goings-on in the Portland area?

Bummer, haven't been up there since pre-pandemic. Token's in Dover NH has a good lineup (and is still open).

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

Thread Necro here. Bump!

I haven’t been since pre-pandemic, but Round one at the Portland Maine Mall used to have a row of Sterns. Don’t know if they’re still there or not and won’t be back there for 2 weeks or so. If you’re close it may be worth stopping by to see.

Place is massive with all they have but the Sterns were next to one of the bars so it was very convenient. Up the stairs, bar was hard left.

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

Any other locations, leagues, or other pinball goings-on in the Portland area?

If you can travel to Lewiston, there is a good place there.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/schemengee-s-bar-amp-grille-lewiston-maine-lots-of-pinball
    .................David Marston

#34 2 years ago

Looks like A&C Grocery has a few machines on loan from Arcadia, planning to check those out this weekend.

#35 2 years ago

I live in Florida now, but I’m originally from Sanford. My family still lives there. I’ll be heading to Sanford for the month of August. Can anyone refer me to a good place for pinball within a half hour to forty-five minutes from Sanford?

#36 2 years ago

Good places for pinball in the area these days chalk up to round one which someone already mentioned and an indoor mini golf place that opened last year in Old Orchard. OG Attack From Mars, a few CGRs, a lot of sterns from all eras, indy to jurassic park and then a nice powder coated metallica, as well as deadpool, tmnt, jurassic park, maiden. Good lineup of machines and they all work wonderfully.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maine-pinsiders and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.