(Topic ID: 159435)

Main Street Mayhem! A 2 Day Matchplay Tournament! BANKS RELEASED!

By Tsskinne

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Tsskinne
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0222 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
Mayhem Tournament Banks (resized).PNG
Mayhem parking & food guide (resized).PNG
Mayhem Tournament Banks (resized).PNG
shirts for mayhem (resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
Mayhem_White_(resized).jpg

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago

I've parked there many of times and never had any issues. The church parking lot behind the copy shop I know me and the other employees of the bar next door use daily with no problems. There is lots of available parking within a block or two though on streets as well.

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

There is lots of available parking within a block or two though on streets as well.

I've always found a pretty decent close street parking spot a block or two away. But have been tempted to park in those lots when my normal close spot is taken.

#53 2 years ago

I plan on paying $1 or finding street parking. I've been towed too many times in my life. I'm a very conservative parker these days.

#54 2 years ago

I will also be in the $1 lot. Convenience is worth it to me

#55 2 years ago

Hey everyone who is signed up already should have received an email just recently with some information, but in case you didn't get it here are the most important parts.

"TOURNAMENT NOTIFICATIONS

MatchPlay has a feature that allows you to receive tournament notifications such as new round postings, results, etc.....

I have chosen to integrate Main Street Mayhem with the messaging app Slack (www.slack.com). It is a free service and can be downloaded on the majority of internet connected devices as far as I know. We have a specific channel for our group, and you should have already received an email invitation to join, but if not here is the link. https://mainstreetmayhem.slack.com/signup

This will also provide an area that players could choose to chat with one another about playing tips, good food nearby, or whatever, but the main purpose was that if you finished a round early you could feel free to go explore the area knowing you will receive an alert when the next round is getting ready to start.

TOURNAMENT WEBSITE

https://matchplay.events/live/vx1w

That is where the tournament will go live once we start on Saturday so you can share to social media and allow people to follow along as well as keep track yourself. If you have not yet signed up for your free MatchPlay account I strongly encourage you to do so before Saturday morning. You will be able to claim your profile (you are all entered by your IFPA # in this tournament) and follow all sorts of cool data and see tournaments being run via MatchPlay near you at all times."

Let me know if anyone has questions!

#56 2 years ago

You want $.50 pricing you get $.50 pricing! Thanks to Dan at MSA!

image (resized).jpeg

#57 2 years ago

Good luck today Tommy. Looks like an awesome event! Post lots of pics after you recover.

#58 2 years ago

https://matchplay.events/live/vx1w/matches

Link in case anyone wants follow live!

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#59 2 years ago

We have champions! A on top B on bottom!

image (resized).jpeg

#60 2 years ago

Great tourney! I had a lot of fun. I met a lot of nice people and enjoyed playing competitive pinball. I got to talk with Dan the owner a little more. It was a great experience.

This game was the unexpected star of the tourney. Everyone was enamored with it and because it was placed where players waited for the next round it got a lot of plays.

IMG_0222 (resized).JPG

It was definitely a struggle to get used to the ball save settings the first day. I didn't practice any beforehand and it showed. First day I was 31st out of 32. Second day I got some practice in and did a ton better. 5th in B, 21st overall and I won my first round.

Are the ball save settings usually like that in PAPA and Pinburgh? I thought they were drastically reduced but you still had some protection from a house ball on a DMD. I'm probably wrong.

I hope you guys can do another tournament again. (btw My head is in the first pic Tommy posted, above Burgertime in the Sox hat. I think I'm chewing cud.)

#61 2 years ago

I went with Josh Sharpe's recommendation on no ball saves, but didn't change any pitch or tilt settings on the games at MSA. They were certainly playing tough though. We removed rubbers on Star Trek, Spider-Man, and Game of Thrones, and T2. Otherwise welcome to MSA! Dan makes us tough. Thanks again to all who came.

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I went with Josh Sharpe's recommendation on no ball saves, but didn't change any pitch or tilt settings on the games at MSA. They were certainly playing tough though. We removed rubbers on Star Trek, Spider-Man, and Game of Thrones, and T2. Otherwise welcome to MSA! Dan makes us tough. Thanks again to all who came.

some games do need at least 1-3 sec ball saves.

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

When I stepped up to Metallica the first day I felt I was going to do well but I ended up with a couple of balls that drained in seconds. It definitely took some adjusting. Like I said the second day, I was getting used to it and games that people were complaining about like TWD and GOT I really did well the two times each I played those games even though I hadn't played them at any other time over the weekend.

Honestly I think if ball saver would have been turned on the better players would have rose to the top a lot easier. No ball saver gives more inexperienced players like me a chance to win on a game. I definitely learned to stay alert at all times.

#64 2 years ago

TWD needs at least an 1-2 sec one. GOT not really but an 1-3 one is nice.

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

TWD needs at least an 1-2 sec one. GOT not really but an 1-3 one is nice.

GOT definitely needs it turned off solely because of the playfield validation rules.

TWD I guess it's nice, but not really needed. Just make the tilt loose and allow for the player to help the ball out of the feed from the pops.

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

some games do need at least 1-3 sec ball saves.

That's soooo not true

#67 2 years ago

There were a lot of people grumbling over how tough TWD was with no ball saver. I'm not sure what a good score is but I had between 30 and 40 million in my two games and placed first and second. The tilt wasn't overly tight. You could give a little forward and back momentum to keep it in the pops and I don't think I ever tilted.

I also thought GOT wasn't hard either. Some people really struggled but I was able to get multiball both times. That said the winning scores were under 200 million in the two games I played.

For a 20744 IFPA ranked player, playing his second tourney, I actually ended up liking no ball saver. It kept you on your toes and made it a little easier to transition between early SS/EM and the DMD games. 3 game round times were an average of 1 hour or maybe hour and fifteen minutes.

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

That's soooo not true

Needs and wants are very different, so not needed. There were grumbles all weekend but very minor as we were all playing the same games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 235.00
Boards
RS Technologies
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside