Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by pdman
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Ks_Sinbad_CPU.jpg
battery1.jpg

#1 8 years ago

I need to replace the battery soldered to the board of my Sinbad, but I'm having a hard time finding what I'm looking for online. Can anyone tell me what I'm looking for and where to find it?

#2 8 years ago

Hi
Where , i don't know , but i always use the mod described on www.pinrepair.com , cheap and easy to do .
http://www.pinrepair.com/sys1/index.htm

--->External battery pack .

battery1.jpg

#3 8 years ago

You can buy those button cell or lithium batteries as original with the solder tabs (we use them at work on some things) but your best bet is like mentioned above. Just put in an external AA 3 cell pack. The diode isn't necessary but does provide protection if you put the batteries in the wrong way.

#4 8 years ago

That's what I'll do. I actually have on of those sitting around.

1 week later
#5 8 years ago

Okay, I put the battery pack in, but it didn't do anything. Now that I'm looking closer at the board however, I'm seeing two separate slots for the + and - leads. I soldered the leads into the same slots the previous battery was attached to, but could they be in the wrong spot?

In the picture you can see the two unused slots above the ones I'm using.

Ks_Sinbad_CPU.jpg

#6 8 years ago

From what I see in the pic it's hooked up ok as the positive lead is connected to the hole above it with a trace .. and the ground is on the larger width ground trace behind.

You might have an issue not related .. I'd suggest measuring the battery voltage at the pins of the 5101 ram and see if it's there with the machine turned off ... if so .. keep troubleshooting... (I'm guessing Sinbad uses the old 5101 ram .. it's late and kids are screaming).

#7 8 years ago

Did you use a diode in the 4th battery position in the battery holder? If you did, is it oriented correctly?
Do you have a meter?
Measure for 4.5 VDC at the leads you soldered, + at Red, - at black. If you do have 4.5VDC, do what Brokedad suggested and measure the battery voltage at the pins of the 5101 ram, pin22 for +, pin 8 for - (ground). If not recheck the battery holder circuit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
€ 8.40
Machine - For Sale
Blaine, TN
$ 49.00
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Electronics
nvram.weebly.com
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 21.00
$ 16.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside