3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Vector
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Can anyone recommend a good, reliable, honest mail-in board repair guy/business? I've got a William's System 3 board that needs some TLC. I can do the work myself, but I simply do not have the time for this game.

I've read that Jerry Clause does top notch work, but I wasn't sure if he's still in the business of doing this.

Thanks,
    Max

#2 3 years ago

John Wart Jr is your man

#3 3 years ago

I need some work also on my 6803 boards but haven't settled on a guy close. I don't think barakandl does much. I met a guy named Chance Tess from Mich. at Expo. I think there's a fella in St. Louis. Recommendations?

#4 3 years ago

I can do the Williams Sys 3 boards no problem. Not set up for 6803 at the moment.

#5 3 years ago

It has gotten to the point i am unable to keep up with NVRAMs and doing mail in board repair. Right now I am generally not taking in mail in board work so i can focus on assembling NVRAMs which happens every day. You will still see boards for sale from me, but they will be boards from my stash as I have time to fix them and put up for sale.

I am still buying boards tho. Let me know if you have WMS 3-7 boards or classic Stern and classic bally sound boards. I pay cash for them.

Maybe if i get the balls to quit my day job, i will do mail in board work again.

#6 3 years ago

Jerry is definitely still in business..

For those Williams 3-7 boards, I usually just skip repairing them and replace them with a Rottendog board.

I've got a boardset from a World Cup i'd part with... was working when removed. PM me if interested

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

I can do the Williams Sys 3 boards no problem. Not set up for 6803 at the moment.

I didn't realize you were so close. What do you need to be set up for 6803?

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I didn't realize you were so close. What do you need to be set up for 6803?

A junked game to build a test fixture from, or a factory test fixture. Since I don't own any of the 6803 games anymore, it makes it tough to test a repaired board.

I might be able to figure out how to test some stuff on the bench, I think it would depend on the complexity of the problem you are experiencing.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from iwantansi:

For those Williams 3-7 boards, I usually just skip repairing them and replace them with a Rottendog board.

I briefly considered this, but considering the board worked fine not too long ago, and considering a rottendog combo MPU/driver board would cost me a few hundred bucks, I want to just get this thing going again as inexpensively as possible. If I had to guess, the problem probably lies within a chip socket I never replaced. I should've done the job the right way the first time 'round.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

A junked game to build a test fixture from, or a factory test fixture. Since I don't own any of the 6803 games anymore, it makes it tough to test a repaired board.
    I might be able to figure out how to test some stuff on the bench, I think it would depend on the complexity of the problem you are experiencing.

I'll PM you.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

It has gotten to the point i am unable to keep up with NVRAMs and doing mail in board repair. Right now I am generally not taking in mail in board work so i can focus on assembling NVRAMs which happens every day. You will still see boards for sale from me, but they will be boards from my stash as I have time to fix them and put up for sale.
    I am still buying boards tho. Let me know if you have WMS 3-7 boards or classic Stern and classic bally sound boards. I pay cash for them.
    Maybe if i get the balls to quit my day job, i will do mail in board work again.

i have a complete set of boards from a williams time warp untested but they did work when it was set up last. Make me a offer. I can ship no problem

#12 3 years ago

Depending on how backed up folks are, you could also check with Clive at Coin Op Cauldron. If you do a search, you'll find nothing but great things about him and his service. He lists System 3 with pricing on his website: http://webpages.charter.net/coinopcauldron/brepairs.html

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I need some work also on my 6803 boards but haven't settled on a guy close. I don't think barakandl does much. I met a guy named Chance Tess from Mich. at Expo. I think there's a fella in St. Louis. Recommendations?

I have had Chance Tess do a few boards for me with great results, but he's just down the street from me.

#14 3 years ago

I can help you. I have the factory test fixture to check it out before sending it back to you. I'm in MA, so shipping should be fairly quick.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 22.50
    $ 249.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 199.99
    $ 92.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Plastics
    Mod Magic!
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 221.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 23.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 12.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 26.50
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 119.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 69.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside