Looking for opinions .
Assume theme is not important

Iron Maiden or Jurassic park ?

#2 3 years ago

Yes.

#3 3 years ago

I dig it lol

#4 3 years ago

I have not played JP a lot but I own an Iron Maiden. I feel that Maiden is a little bit more forgiving. JP seemed more difficult for an average player like myself.

#5 3 years ago

Both are great! Iron Maiden.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

I have not played JP a lot but I own an Iron Maiden. I feel that Maiden is a little bit more forgiving. JP seemed more difficult for an average player like myself.

This is good info . I guess I should add that my wife plays , and tends to favor an easier game

#7 3 years ago

Owned IMDN premium and JP Pro... both are really great games... I’d take either back in a heartbeat. Pick whichever theme you like better if you’ve played neither i don’t think you can go wrong.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Owned IMDN premium and JP Pro... both are really great games... I’d take either back in a heartbeat. Pick whichever theme you like better if you’ve played neither i don’t think you can go wrong.

I’ve played both , tend to favor maidens theme . Jurassic park was fun but I have zero attachment to the theme

#9 3 years ago

You need a poll

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

You need a poll

He needs room for both.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

I’ve played both , tend to favor maidens theme . Jurassic park was fun but I have zero attachment to the theme

It sounds like you might have your answer. I would pick JP because of the theme but both games are awesome for playability.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

I guess I should add that my wife plays , and tends to favor an easier game

In my opinion you should definitely pick Maiden over JP then. I think it's the more accessible game of the two. JP more of a shooter's game. Maiden has plenty to offer any player, but easier to pick up.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

This is good info . I guess I should add that my wife plays , and tends to favor an easier game

Maiden is easier, and has more straightforward rules.

#14 3 years ago

If you favor Maiden’s theme then it’s a no brainer. Go for Maiden, it’s an awesome game.

#15 3 years ago

I have an IMDN Pro now and hopefully adding a JP Premium shortly. For me my wife struggles with Iron Maiden as ball times can be extremely fast if you don’t hit your shots right. Also the outlanes are brutal, but I love the pin and is always my first go to in my small lineup. Definitely has that one more game feel and hitting the loop with the upper right flipper multiple times is a rush. Don’t think you’d go wrong with either pin though as their both rated very high and have great game play. I’ve played JP a number of times and really enjoyed it. Different layout and a lot of depth to it.

#16 3 years ago

Thanks for the opinions . I think I know which way I’m leaning . Now to find someone who has IM NIB . Is the premium worth it over the pro ?

#17 3 years ago

Definitely in my opinion. That mummy mech is really cool and so is the ramp lifting up. I personally really like the art on the premium but I changed out the T molding.

#18 3 years ago

JP is way harder. It forces you to lose control of the ball more often vs. Maiden you can keep control of the ball much easier

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

Looking for opinions .

Have both, love both. If I had to pick one, it would be JP2 since there is a little more variety of shots to it and I personally like the theme more than Maiden.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Have both, love both. If I had to pick one, it would be JP2 since there is a little more variety of shots to it and I personally like the theme more than Maiden.

Would you say maiden is equally deep ?

#21 3 years ago

Gotta play em both and decide! JP was a dream theme for me - I was ready to sell my DE JP and buy one when it was announced, but I just can't get into the game no matter how much I play it. Don't like the linear dino modes, the truck is always blocking the shot I need, and i think it isn't satisfying to shoot. I'm probably in the minority on this one but I just can't get into it - but I definitely see why people love it and I love Elwin's design on it, just didn't click with me. I have a ton more fun playing Maiden and would like to own one. Anyway, the whole point of this rambling is that if I never played either, I would have picked JP 10 times out of 10, but I had to play both to see which one I preferred.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

Thanks for the opinions . I think I know which way I’m leaning . Now to find someone who has IM NIB . Is the premium worth it over the pro ?

I have a pro and am completely satisfied with it. That said, I've never played a premium and maybe I'm missing out and don't know it. I think you'll love either. If the extra cash for the premium is a stretch, go with the pro.

#23 3 years ago

I own both pro models I prefer Iron Maiden.

#24 3 years ago

I prefer Maiden

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

Sounds like you answered your own question here. Both are great games I played both and enjoyed both of them, you won't make a bad choice here and you can always sell one to get the other easily should you want to. I went with a JP premium for two reasons.

First I like the movie ( I also enjoy Iron Maiden's music so I suppose a toss up) and second and deciding factor, my 5 year old nephew loves dinosaurs. He loves playing it and watching the T-rex move around. His favorite pin I had before this was dialed in He told me I can't ever get rid either of them.

Good Luck on your decision!

#26 3 years ago

What theme do you prefer?

JP is amazing, but Maiden is the better game. Saying that, they would complement each other really well.

#27 3 years ago

I own the Limited Editions of both, that being said Both are in my top 5 pinballs of all time. Jurrasic Park is a better theme for me but Iron Maiden is the best Pinball of all time and ever created in my opinion. To be honest I had absolutely no intention on getting Iron Maiden when it was released. I went to pick up another game and they had it sitting there and I was hooked from day 1. Keith Elwin is absolutely killing it! Avengers Infinity Quest LE is up there as well!

20201204_124306 (resized).jpg20201204_124306 (resized).jpg
#28 3 years ago

Maiden hands down!

#29 3 years ago

JP is very difficult in my opinion, but for sure one of the best games ever made.

#30 3 years ago

Owned both and Madien gets my vote

#31 3 years ago

I own both. Can’t decide. Flip a coin? As others have said, JP is harder but IMDN is plenty deep and no slouch in the difficulty dept.

#32 3 years ago

As a relative newbie who owns guardians and jp2, this thread has been an eye opener. I’m not a big fan of Iron Maiden so I never sought one out to play. Based on this, I’m going to the pinball map app and finding an Iron Maiden to try out (which is certainly harder post covid .

I do like jp2 but I find rules hard to make happen as an average player.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

Would you say maiden is equally deep ?

I wouldn't say it's equally as deep. I think it has plenty of depth though. The depth with maiden is really twofold. Maximizing some outrageous point values with multipliers and shots and then getting 10 treasures for the final final wizard mode. The 10 treasures thing no average player is ever going to come near so that's not really something to consider for most people.

#34 3 years ago

I'd go jp. Dino theme better for me. Different layout and shots vs standard pins. Hard gane too

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

Looking for opinions .

I have the Pro version of both in my small 3 game collection. At this point I don't see how either of those could ever leave my collection. I think the callouts on JP are a little lame but they do not overly detract from the incredible gameplay. Iron Maiden has turned me into a fan of the band and I was lukewarm on them at best before getting the game.

My wife keeps having to talk me down from trying to trade our Deadpool Pro for an AIQ LE.... Elwin games are THAT good to me! It is funny that I had no interest in JP at first because I didn't want multiple games from the same designer, and now I am thinking of having a collection that is ONLY that one designer!

#36 3 years ago

Both are really nice.
I think there is more in maiden.
Themewise jp is a better theme, stern jp is not jp, more a generic cartoon dino pin.
I'd go with maiden.

#37 3 years ago

Maiden gets my vote, but I've never played the movie mod in JP.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I have the Pro version of both in my small 3 game collection. At this point I don't see how either of those could ever leave my collection. I think the callouts on JP are a little lame but they do not overly detract from the incredible gameplay. Iron Maiden has turned me into a fan of the band and I was lukewarm on them at best before getting the game.
My wife keeps having to talk me down from trying to trade our Deadpool Pro for an AIQ LE.... Elwin games are THAT good to me! It is funny that I had no interest in JP at first because I didn't want multiple games from the same designer, and now I am thinking of having a collection that is ONLY that one designer!

Interesting we have similar collections. I'm really trying hard to get a JP Premium as I have a Deadpool and Iron Maiden Pro and like you I'm also in on AIQ as I'm waiting for my Premium to come in. Elwin has really hit it out of the park with these last few pins and is the main reason I'm so interested in JP. Would be tough to get rid of Deadpool so just tell your wife you need more space and are getting an AIQ! Deadpool and Iron Maiden for me aren't going anywhere unless I upgrade to the Premium versions at some point. All of these pins really are fantastic and amaze me at just how well done they are. For the Op whichever you buy you can't go wrong with and also my guess is you'll end up with the other one as well somewhere down the road.

#39 3 years ago

We have both in leagues and have for several seasons. Jurassic Park hands down for me. You can't really go wrong with either, but I just like JP more.

#40 3 years ago

I own Premiums on both
JP is the cooler pin - more going on in the PF - coolest mech - great animations - deep ruleset
Difficult call
Both have a lot of shots - though just looking a PF's JP looks like it has more but that's a false perception

I was thinking of giving up Maiden for GnR so I started playing MAIDEN some more than I had recently and I still really love it.
It's just a super fun pin, I like the music, really great call outs, good code, great modes

you really need to play both
For me JP is the more difficult pin though neither one is really easy, I get more frustrated playing JP
I think both will be in my collection for some time

#41 3 years ago

I own both premiums as well, though I've only had JP prem for a day. But I have played the pro a lot on location.

JP is amazing in how the modes all feel very distinct and I love how it uses up posts or other locks everywhere to clearly delineate the start of modes and give you a couple seconds to look at the screen and pf to see where you have to shoot.

They both shoot *really* well. Hard to pick a winner there.

I like Maiden's theme and music better, but the animation is kind of lame. JP has better production value even if it uses so few assets from the movie. They still managed to make it feel dramatic and fun.

I'd choose JP by a hair.

#42 3 years ago

I used to have a Maiden Pro and sold it to buy a JP Premium. I think both games are great and quite different from one another. Maiden's rules and gameplay seem more straight forward. It feels more like they based the rule's off of a 90's WPC game but with some added complexity. JP's rule-set is more complex. Of the two I prefer JP. I prefer the theme and feel that the gameplay and rules have more diversity. I feel like there are more ways to play the game, whereas in Maiden I feel like I play the game in a similar way most of the time and there was more wood chopping. I do miss Maiden but I definitely wouldn't give up my JP to get one back.

#43 3 years ago
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Trade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maiden-vs-jp?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.