66 days ago

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 64 days ago by Frax
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

93A8D266-FAD6-465C-862C-E25FBC7CB653 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0316 (resized).JPG
IMG_0320 (resized).JPG
IMG_0318 (resized).JPG
IMG_0314 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
refret (resized).jpg
CF4190A3-A62D-4A52-B411-9E47A8DD95E2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2454 (resized).JPG
IMG_2453 (resized).JPG
IMG_2452 (resized).JPG

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 66 days ago

Anybody regret their Maiden purchase? Maybe you bought premium but wish you had an LE. Maybe you got LE but now want a pro. Maybe you bought one and can't get over the theme. Maybe game play is not fun for you?

IMG_2452 (resized).JPGIMG_2453 (resized).JPGIMG_2454 (resized).JPG
#2 66 days ago

Something tells me that this thread is going to be crickets. Who on earth could possibly regret their IMDN pinball machine purchase?

#3 66 days ago

I regret that I don't have an IMDN yet.

#4 66 days ago

CF4190A3-A62D-4A52-B411-9E47A8DD95E2 (resized).jpeg
#5 66 days ago

I regret not buying a LE

#6 66 days ago

jeff- remind me again which company you work for? since i'm getting a intimate look inside your work productivity, i'd like to short the stock.

#7 66 days ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

jeff- remind me again which company you work for? since i'm getting a intimate look inside your work productivity, i'd like to short the stock.

let's just say it involves a spy agency ... and we are now observing you through the beer taps.

#8 66 days ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Anybody regret their Maiden purchase?

Mines fine....but I do have other new ones to spread out the fun.

#9 66 days ago

Mine has been a real pain in the ass since I got (opto and auto-plunge issues) it and I still don't regret it.

#10 66 days ago

I don't have an iron maiden but know someone that has the LE and I have to say it may be the coolest pin I have ever seem, and this is coming from a non iron maiden fan. F'n fun too!

#11 66 days ago

Not one issue with mine.
Only problem I have is that my scores seem to get worse the more I play it.

#12 66 days ago

Glad I went Pro. Would love and LE but BECAUSE it's an LE but no regrets. Not interested in Premium art/features.

refret (resized).jpg
#13 66 days ago

OMG that tattoo....

No ragrets with my Maiden Pro! I play the thing every day and have a lot of fun every time I do so.

#14 66 days ago

Not for a second. One of the best pins out there. Love the LE but I’d have been happy with the Premium or Pro as well.

#15 66 days ago
Quoted from RyThom:

OMG that tattoo....

What's wrong with such an imamaculate tat?

#16 66 days ago

I regret not having the funds yet.....

#17 66 days ago

Best pin ever? Not for me.
...But it’s very fun and something my wife, kids, and friends enjoy playing.

#18 66 days ago

I regret being a low end pin guy in a town without pinball. Hopefully I can play the damn thing soon. It looks bloody brilliant ( as the brits would say).

#19 66 days ago

I just set my Premium last night. Long ball times, seems like I'm always in a multi-ball, easy to get 2-3x multiplier lit. Kind of surprised how easy it is compared with Star Wars. Nevertheless, it's a blast so far...

snaroff

#20 66 days ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

What's wrong with such an imamaculate tat?

Nicely played

#21 66 days ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

I regret being a low end pin guy in a town without pinball. Hopefully I can play the damn thing soon. It looks bloody brilliant ( as the brits would say).

Sounds like an opportunity. You are definitely in a pinball desert there.

#22 66 days ago

pasted_image (resized).png

#23 66 days ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Co-workers take up the slack. Isn't that the way of the world?

#24 66 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I just set my Premium last night. Long ball times, seems like I'm always in a multi-ball, easy to get 2-3x multiplier lit. Kind of surprised how easy it is compared with Star Wars. Nevertheless, it's a blast so far...

Cool, maybe its a game that I will actually have some average ball times on.

#25 66 days ago

All models of Maiden are good choices, depending on what you want. Anybody see an LE and think it was just average looking?

IMG_0314 (resized).JPG

IMG_0316 (resized).JPGIMG_0318 (resized).JPGIMG_0320 (resized).JPG
#26 66 days ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Anybody see an LE and think it was just average looking?

If you mean the cabinet art I've never seen the side on my games. I'm sure the extra PF stuff is decent although dolls don;t impress me much.

#27 66 days ago
Quoted from rai:

I regret not buying a LE

I regret not buying a second LE

#28 66 days ago

I regret not playing some IMDN with this dude.

93A8D266-FAD6-465C-862C-E25FBC7CB653 (resized).jpeg

#29 66 days ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

I regret not buying a second LE

Wow, that's passion I can appreciate.

#30 65 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

snaroff

It’s easy and it’s not easy. There’s get to NOB and there’s defeating the beast...
and if you do well enough in a mode, you need to collect the shards...
and then there is the mummy awards..
in other words, it goes beyond defeating the beast, and it seems pretty damn hard.

#31 65 days ago

Just an observation. IMD doesn't seem to be a flash in the pan flavor of the month. It sure seems to have staying power.

Glad to see that.

LTG : )

#32 65 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Just an observation. IMD doesn't seem to be a flash in the pan flavor of the month. It sure seems to have staying power.
Glad to see that.
LTG : )

While this has been talked to death and I’m not saying anything new, the geometry of the playfield is spot on, combined with 4 flippers and very well thought out code, the whole package is tops and the thing flows like crazy. It’s a game changer at Stern, for better or worse, each game coming out gets measured against this one now. It’s definitely not a flash in the pan, flavor of the month style of game because of all the reasons above.

#33 65 days ago

Fun pin especially for a new stern but its not the best ever and the theme is just ok . I like the 4 flippers and the loops but it not a game changer imo and i like lots of other pins much better. But its a great first release for keith and team.

#34 65 days ago

No regrets. I’m annoyed by the quirks, though they seem to be sorted out at the moment. I hate the music, though maybe it’s grown on me a tiny bit. It’s too easy as it ships from the factory. But the layout is amazing, and there has never been a game with more satisfying shots. It’s a masterpiece.

#35 65 days ago
Quoted from Russell:

No regrets. I’m annoyed by the quirks, though they seem to be sorted out at the moment. I hate the music, though maybe it’s grown on me a tiny bit. It’s too easy as it ships from the factory. But the layout is amazing, and there has never been a game with more satisfying shots. It’s a masterpiece.

Again with the too easy, have you beaten it?

#36 65 days ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Fun pin especially for a new stern but its not the best ever and the theme is just ok . I like the 4 flippers and the loops but it not a game changer imo and i like lots of other pins much better. But its a great first release for keith and team.

Let me guess Dialed in

#37 65 days ago

I’m local and I’ll buy your IMDN from you for the right price

#38 65 days ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Let me guess Dialed in

Just look at my ratings...i like most pins ive owned better.

#39 65 days ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

While this has been talked to death and I’m not saying anything new, the geometry of the playfield is spot on, combined with 4 flippers and very well thought out code, the whole package is tops and the thing flows like crazy. It’s a game changer at Stern, for better or worse, each game coming out gets measured against this one now. It’s definitely not a flash in the pan, flavor of the month style of game because of all the reasons above.

I'm curious...how do you evaluate the geometry of the playfield? What makes it "spot on"?

snaroff

#40 65 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

More More
I'm curious...how do you evaluate the geometry of the playfield? What makes it "spot on"?
snaroff

It’s a feel thing. The shots in IMDN are all super satisfying. If you hit the shot, it rewards you. Houdini is the best example of the opposite.

#41 65 days ago
Quoted from Russell:

It’s a feel thing. The shots in IMDN are all super satisfying. If you hit the shot, it rewards you. Houdini is the best example of the opposite.

Do you find the center ramp/target super satisfying? Seems wide/bloated and "meh" to me...

I love the left ramp shot through the pops and the 2 loops in the center of the PF, but other than those 3 shots, the rest of the shots/mechs seem pretty ordinary. Love the idea of the 2 captive balls, but the mechs are temperamental and require fiddling. Disappointing that in 2018, Stern can't design a more thoughtful captive ball that "just works" and feels great. In general, Stern's attention to detail and PF quality is disappointing.

snaroff

#42 65 days ago

The main, most obvious shot should always be the easiest, so beginners won’t be frustrated. (Death Star shot was a nightmare for beginners, which really hurts SW)

And yes. It’s too easy. I should not be reaching multiple mini-wizard modes per game. But somehow, I still haven’t reached the main wizard mode. With most games, that takes many months (if ever). I doubt that will be the case here. IMDN Ball times rival LOTR. Once I do get through the wizard mode, I’m going to open the outlanes all the way, lose the rubber rings on the posts, make it steeper, tighten the tilt...whatever I can think of to make it more challenging.

#43 65 days ago

It seems that everyone I know has either bought an IM or has ordered one - including myself - getting an LE next week.
Keith and team have hit this one out of the park. The shots, the artwork and flow are all spot on. I think that this will end up being one of Stern's best selling pins. Time will tell.

#44 65 days ago

Not real regret or disappointed but I don't have an extatic feel about it either.

It's my first NIB pin ever (into pinball for 18 years now) and mostly bought on theme and the positive reviews here.
First time I buy a machine that expensive, maybe I expected more for my money.
For that money I could've had maybe 2 other good games that gave me more fun or challenge.

First impression when setting it up was that it was an empty playfield, no real toy, flat plastics.
It could've been a sys11 game

First game on it I scored around 200 million. Was amazed I did so well without knowing any rules.
Would have expected it to be much harder so I hope it'll stay a challenge.

I now have it 2 weeks and like it more.
Don't have the feeling that it's the best game ever, don't know if I will keep it for many years.
Need to learn the rules, maybe change some setting to keep it challenging.

#45 65 days ago
Quoted from Russell:

The main, most obvious shot should always be the easiest, so beginners won’t be frustrated. (Death Star shot was a nightmare for beginners, which really hurts SW)
And yes. It’s too easy. I should not be reaching multiple mini-wizard modes per game. But somehow, I still haven’t reached the main wizard mode. With most games, that takes many months (if ever). I doubt that will be the case here. IMDN Ball times rival LOTR. Once I do get through the wizard mode, I’m going to open the outlanes all the way, lose the rubber rings on the posts, make it steeper, tighten the tilt...whatever I can think of to make it more challenging.

The Death Star is a tough shot, but when you make it and load a few balls in the hyperdrive, it's magical. I don't think SW is a great game for casual players in general.

That's one of the reasons I think IMDN is getting rave reviews...very approachable rule set with fun shots that don't bust your balls I believe a lot of the SW hate is related to it's insane difficulty. To be honest, I think SW Premium/LE is a much more impressive game overall, however IMDN is a lot more fun to shoot and just requires fewer brain cells

snaroff

#46 65 days ago

The center ramp is simple, but man, those left and right ramps have been tough for me to dial in consistently.

#47 65 days ago

Regret that I ordered my Iron Maiden Pro 80 days ago from Nitro Pinball and still haven't received it yet. All the while, having to watch countless others open and enjoy their games.

Added 54 days ago:

Edit: Received IMDN Pro eventually thanks to Nitro

#48 65 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

snaroff

Every shot feels right to me on Maiden, making it feel like it has so many different possibilities. Tron does this as well.
For instance, hitting the captive ball just right but also hitting the spinner, the fact that you can shoot not only the loop with the flipper up, but so satisfying when it’s down, and you’re able to hit the upper spinner with upper right flipper. Sweepable drops, placed just right and how you can let it roll off the mini flipper into a drop or two.
Ramps that look easy but aren’t, yet you find the sweet spot and then know you can’t make lazy shots at them.

Left ramp, to right ramp, to left spinner, to loop loop loop loop, diverted, to mini loop?(mini loop two or three times?) got your playfield multiplier running? Brave enough to loop with flipper down?

I haven’t played a better shot scenario than this.

#49 65 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

The center ramp is simple, but man, those left and right ramps have been tough for me to dial in consistently.

The weird thing is I have an easier time consistently hitting the left ramp through the pops than the wide-open right ramp. Pinball is a mental game.

#50 65 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

The weird thing is I have an easier time consistently hitting the left ramp through the pops than the wide-open right ramp. Pinball is a mental game.

That right ramp is all feeling, which is what I love about it. If you chop at it or you shoot lazy at it, not happening, you really have to roll a strike to that ramp and it feels as smooth as knocking down ten pins when you do.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 68.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
Contact
Machine - For Sale
Clearwater, FL
$ 24.50
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 18.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 19.95
$ 16.95
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside