IMG_0637 (resized).PNG
IMG_0637 (resized).PNG
FB_IMG_1496623595206 (resized).jpg
Trooper (resized).jpg
Blood_Brothers (resized).jpg
Ghost (resized).jpg
OLD2-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_5171 (resized).JPG
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Any Pinsiders here tonight to see Maiden?

#2 6 years ago

Haha. I thought I came here to see a live stream of Stern Iron Maiden at a Quick Oil Change place.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from goochos:

Haha. I thought I came here to see a live stream of Stern Iron Maiden at a Quick Oil Change place.

Lol

#4 6 years ago

I live right down the street, can hear it for free just about.

#5 6 years ago

Going to see maiden on wed prudential center in newark CANT WAIT........

#6 6 years ago

Set list?

#7 6 years ago

Jiffy Lube Stadium don't even sound right.
We have Bankers Life Field House, which is worst. Blatant, but, I mean, who doesn't want to live a bankers life? But fuck corporate everything anyway.

#8 6 years ago

Well, first GHOST opened, which was awesome (even if they did start in the day light)
That set was:

1) Square Hammer
2) From The Pinnacle to the Pit
3) Ritual
4) Cirice
5) Year Zero
6) Absolution
7) Mummy Dust
8) Monstrance Clock

Maiden's set was something like
1) If Eternity Should Fail
2) Speed of Light
3) Wrathchild
4) Children of the Damned (!!)
5) Red or the Black
6) The Great Unknown
7) The Trooper
8) Powerslave
9) Book of Souls
10) Death or Glory
11) Fear of the Dark
12) Iron Maiden

Encore
a) Number of the Beast
b) Blood Brothers
c) Wasted Years

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Jiffy Lube stadium don't even sound right.
We have Bankers Life Field House, which is worse. Blatant, but, I mean, who doesn't want to live a bankers life? But fuck corporate everything.

I hate calling it that. It was "Nissan Pavillion" for a long long time, which is how I usually still refer to it

It's a great venue, except they have not figured out how to manage the crowds very well. parking SUCKS, and you're always standing in line for 20 minutes to get a beer or food. The Merch line was easily 30 minutes before the show started, and there were only 3 merch booths. I wasn't into any of the shirts, but my son bought a Book of Souls shirt and a wristband (ok, *I* bought him the shirt, the wristband he spend his own money - he's only 7, I thought that was a big deal)

#10 6 years ago

Good job. Your son is cooler than you.

#11 6 years ago

I say that begrudgingly. I have 5 Maiden shirts, probably don't need another one. But probably do.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Good job. Your son is cooler than you.
» YouTube video

haha, plus we spent an hour today making him a kid sized (only Adult small at the venue) special Speed of Light shirt; he picked out the picture, customized the logo on it, placed it, picked the shirt color, etc. Pretty cool by the end tnere

#13 6 years ago

Same setlist as last year. Don't care. Stoked to be there.
UP THE FUCKING IRONS

#14 6 years ago

Took my boys to their first concert last year on the previous US leg of the tour.

Probably too much off the Book of Souls for their liking, but I didn't mind with the number of times I'd already seen them.

Now my youngest wants to see Metallica, and my oldest wants to see Fall Out Boy. Lol.

#15 6 years ago

Yikes! Well maybe you could take them both to Metallica and see what happens..

#16 6 years ago

seeing them in Newark wed

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well, first GHOST opened, ...

Frig, they're ghosting already?

#18 6 years ago

IMG_5175 (resized).JPGIMG_5175 (resized).JPG

IMG_5171 (resized).JPGIMG_5171 (resized).JPG

#19 6 years ago

Going with my wifey to see them in Tampa next weekend!!!

#20 6 years ago

I saw Maiden in 2012, greatest band of ALL time Have their entire discography, and yes I love Blaze Bailey stuff too

#21 6 years ago

I'd like to see Slayer in Chicago and circle pit

#22 6 years ago

I saw them many times in the 80's in detroit, several times with priest, and t sister, but a show without hollow be thy name, and rhyme of the ancient mariner would bum me out.
I wouldnt say the show sucked or anything , I just like those dynamic epic songs. what a voice. Just reminded me of c cornell passing away. now I am bummed

#23 6 years ago

Don't be a bum Kruzman!
Still haven't opened yer pf. Waiting until I can have an entire day, to myself, to gawk at it.
SCREAM FOR ME CHICAGO!!!

#24 6 years ago

Pretty goddamned stoked to hear Children of the Damned live again.

#25 6 years ago

I'll be seeing them here in St. Paul in a few weeks. Looking forward to some children of the damned as well.
I'm a big fan but only seen them in concert for the first time a few years ago. I traveled to Winnipeg for the seventh son of a seventh son tour thay redid.
i was right in the front on the fence! It was awsome!
Three young guys on my left had traveled from sweeden, thay all had Iron Maiden tattoos.
Maiden has such a huge following.
Up the Irons!

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

I saw them many times in the 80's in detroit, several times with priest, and t sister, but a show without hollow be thy name, and rhyme of the ancient mariner would bum me out.
I wouldnt say the show sucked or anything , I just like those dynamic epic songs. what a voice. Just reminded me of c cornell passing away. now I am bummed

Hallowed be thy name was not missed - they just killed it on every song. Even the new ones (most of which have a "seventh son" vibe) were awesome. (They resurrected Wrathchild to replace Hallowed; Wrathchild is one of my all time favorites since hearing it on Live After Death!)

#27 6 years ago

Children of the Damned Wacken 2016

#28 6 years ago

Saw Buffet at Jiffy Lube a couple weeks back. Sounded great, but the 3 hour tailgate was a bit of a bummer, would have spent all day there if given the choice...Looking forward to seeing Maiden this year.

#29 6 years ago

Children of the Damned from Saturday night.

#30 6 years ago

I was there with knockerlover and flynnibus and ran into jints56 while getting more beer! It was a regular Pinside meetup!! We should have brought some pins. Great show!

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I hate calling it that. It was "Nissan Pavillion" for a long long time, which is how I usually still refer to it
It's a great venue, except they have not figured out how to manage the crowds very well. parking SUCKS, and you're always standing in line for 20 minutes to get a beer or food. The Merch line was easily 30 minutes before the show started, and there were only 3 merch booths. I wasn't into any of the shirts, but my son bought a Book of Souls shirt and a wristband (ok, *I* bought him the shirt, the wristband he spend his own money - he's only 7, I thought that was a big deal)

Lines were fine if you went around to the side near the front of the place. Of course the stand right inside the gates were mob'd.. but continuing on around to the sides... there were three more T-Shirt stands on that side alone and the food/drink places were almost walk up with lots of options.

I don't know if the stands on the left side of the stands were open?

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

We have Bankers Life Field House, which is worst. Blatant, but, I mean, who doesn't want to live a bankers life? But fuck corporate everything anyway.

It is Conseco

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:Well, first GHOST opened, which was awesome (even if they did start in the day light)
That set was:
1) Square Hammer
2) From The Pinnacle to the Pit
3) Ritual
4) Cirice
5) Year Zero
6) Absolution
7) Mummy Dust
Monstrance Clock
Maiden's set was something like
1) If Eternity Should Fail
2) Speed of Light
3) Wrathchild
4) Children of the Damned (!!)
5) Red or the Black
6) The Great Unknown
7) The Trooper
Powerslave
9) Book of Souls
10) Death or Glory
11) Fear of the Dark
12) Iron Maiden
Encore
a) Number of the Beast
b) Blood Brothers
c) Wasted Years

Maiden only plays one set these days?

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Just like Deer Creek is still Deer Creek...

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Children of the Damned from Saturday night. » YouTube video

Wow that sounds leaps and bounds better than being there. Something was off with the loudness and acoustics of that place. Great show regardless, stage show was impressive, decent set list, great Trooper brews.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Lines were fine if you went around to the side near the front of the place. Of course the stand right inside the gates were mob'd.. but continuing on around to the sides... there were three more T-Shirt stands on that side alone and the food/drink places were almost walk up with lots of options.
I don't know if the stands on the left side of the stands were open?

They were - we made it over there eventually

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

It is Conseco

Maiden only plays one set these days?

they generally do the same set for an entire tour, and this is technically still the book of souls tour. I believe they played Hallowed be thy name instead of (wrathchild?) in Europe. Next tour will be something else - a nostalgic tour probably bringing back the No Prayer set.

(Lol... Man would THAT be a bad idea...)

#37 6 years ago

So no Run to The Hills....bummer. Seeing them in a couple weeks. Still gonna be a good show.

#38 6 years ago

Last time I saw them....

OLD2-1 (resized).jpgOLD2-1 (resized).jpg

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

(Lol... Man would THAT be a bad idea...)

No prayer on the road was the last tour I saw them on before this one

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No prayer on the road was the last tour I saw them on before this one

Man I wish I could have met up with you guys! Would have been cool to shake hands with a couple other Pinsiders!

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Man I wish I could have met up with you guys! Would have been cool to shake hands with a couple other Pinsiders!

Fittingly enough.. one guy in the group mentioned that aloud.. wondering if other pinsiders were there. I never thought to look for a thread

Head out to one of the league nights. It's a fun way to meet up with some folks and figure out the usual 'have people over for some pinball' circuit. Checkout www.fspazone.org for some locations. The MD/NoVA/DC area has a large group of regulars that hang out.

#42 6 years ago

On that note...who will be ready to party on Thurs night in Chicago? Probably head to Logan Arcade after the show. Staying at the Quality Inn in Matteson 3 miles from show. Let's rage!

#43 6 years ago

Got back today from the show. Man, THAT was one heck of a performance. Ghost really surprised me. I didn't expect them to really be that good!

This concert was easily worth every cent. Merchandise sure is getting pricey though....D:

Jessica was just killing it with the photos. Here are a couple:

Ghost (resized).jpgGhost (resized).jpgBlood_Brothers (resized).jpgBlood_Brothers (resized).jpgTrooper (resized).jpgTrooper (resized).jpg

#44 6 years ago

That Steve Harris pic is NASTY!
Awesome.

#45 6 years ago

My friend snapped this one

FB_IMG_1496623595206 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1496623595206 (resized).jpg

#46 6 years ago

Bout a day away! Freakin STOKED!
The Trooper might just be the greatest lyrics ever written...Bob Dylan be damned. Even though I've heard it 5 million times it's​ just one of those tracks that has never gotten old.
SCREAM FOR ME CHICAGO

#47 6 years ago

All year long I been waitin to hear Doctor Doctor start playin. That is the moment right there.

#48 6 years ago

Let's get the show started

#49 6 years ago

1st song unless they surprise me with Prowler

#50 6 years ago

A tasty jam I must say. This behind the scenes vid is pretty excellent. Badlands!

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/maiden-at-jiffylube-live and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.