Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160805_085749_(resized).jpg
20160805_085657_(resized).jpg
20160805_085621_(resized).jpg
20160805_085628_(resized).jpg
20160805_085628_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdapolito.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

have a magnotron from gottlieb ,got it from a guy that said it used to work well a few yrs ago then it started acting up .he called a guy off of craigslist that said he could fix it .the "repairman"told the owner he needed a new score motor,so he bought a new one for the game and had it installed the game never worked right since
i have started to go thru the switches ,score motor switches seem to be ok ,making and breaking when they should
when i reset the game with credit button
it resets player one, ball one, lights ball is ejected
can play the ball ,scoring on playfield ok
ball drains and is kicked out onto shooting lane again ,ball count ,player number doesn't change
when i hit credit to reset score reels,they dont go to zero
assuming the score motor is installed right any ideas
thanks ,

#6 7 years ago

ok thanks will try this and let you know what happens
just hope the score motor was installed correctly ,thats an awful lot of wires to sort and solder !

#8 7 years ago

Here are some pictures of the score motor .the first one is the one that was taken out of the pin. All the wires had been removed thats why i was concerned about the wiring getting screwed up .although im hoping its just some switch adjustments i need to make .

20160805_085628_(resized).jpg20160805_085628_(resized).jpg

20160805_085628_(resized).jpg20160805_085628_(resized).jpg

20160805_085621_(resized).jpg20160805_085621_(resized).jpg

20160805_085657_(resized).jpg20160805_085657_(resized).jpg

20160805_085749_(resized).jpg20160805_085749_(resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago

Thats what it is.and i agrree with you.im no expert but with this sites help and what ive learned i probably brought back to life close to 30 pins and have never had to replace a score motor . Anyway what i was thinking is if i concentrate on one switch stack on the score motor at a time submitting good pics and or noting the wire colors can we corroborate and confirm the wiring . I figure just from the way the wiring harness is the wire groups are probably on the right switch stack grp . It just may be the order of the wires on each stack that may be mixed up . Im am going to go tnru the other relays and player unit first in hopes that may be the fix
Thanks

#11 7 years ago

since the ball count or player counts isnt working ,also score reels do not reset but a game can be played could it be the switch under the ball drain ,and where do these wires go ,do they go to a score motor switch?
thanks

#13 7 years ago

ok so when i was looking at this machine last nite and trying to follow the set up sequence supplied thru the above website ,when i push the center credit button ,start relay locks in so does the v relay,i think this is the replay relay then the u relay closes to reset the relay bank ,the sb relay switch on relay bank doesnt lock ,but if i manually activate it the score reels do reset to zero
so it looks like the sb switch is activated by a motor switch 1A and 4 B and the play unit is also activated if i remember from the start sequence thru 1A also
so do i start looking at the wiring to switch 1 A and could anyone tell me the order of wires on this switch and maybe switch 4B
and as usual thanks for the help
jim

b

#14 7 years ago

ok looks like the switch stack for motor switch 1A may be ok ,looks like he simply took it off old relay and replaced it on second
was wondering if i posted the wire arrangment on the other switches according to color to see if someone can compare to a magnotron they have so i can see if my wiring is correct
also the v relay is activated when the game is resetting ,should this be happening
thanks

2 weeks later
#16 7 years ago

Turn-out the score motor was wired correctly
I cleaned up the playerror unit in the head recapped the switches and that was it .
Now I have to adjust the gate that opens at the bottom of the playfield ,mine either opens too far or not enough .
Any hints on how to adjust the gate or the wire under the playfield that opens and closes the gate

#17 7 years ago

I meant regapped the switches!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bay Shore, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdapolito.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/magnotron-will-not-advance-player-or-ball-count-or-score-reset?tu=jdapolito and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.