Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bigguybbr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4B115C79-5F6D-4EE2-BAC8-5E1B80A3B36D (resized).jpeg
    #1 2 years ago

Ford’s website promo for the new Maverick compact pickup shows a Gottlieb Magnotron loaded in the bed. Here’s the page link, scroll down to the “Flexbed” video. (It’s a 15-second spot, so don’t blink if you want to see the Magnotron!)

https://www.ford.com/trucks/maverick/2022/

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Ford’s website promo for the new Maverick compact pickup shows a Gottlieb Magnotron loaded in the bed. Here’s the page link, scroll down to the “Flexbed” video. (It’s a 15-second spot, so don’t blink if you want to see the Magnotron!)
    https://www.ford.com/trucks/maverick/2022/

Is this the same as the Explorer Sport Trac used to be?

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

It’s smaller I believe, a hybrid that gets 40 mpg and starts at $19,999

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I think the Maverick is on the Escape platform.

#5 2 years ago

If they freakin' made a 2-door version with a slightly longer bed, I'd be sold.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

I think the Maverick is on the Escape platform.

Yeah same platform as escape and Bronco Sport. I also wish a longer bedded less door option was available.

#7 2 years ago

Interesting. I was just playing a few games on my Magnotron last night.

I don't know why, but now I suddenly have the urge to get a Ford Maverick.

The power of subliminal advertising. Ford is going to corner the market on Magnotron owners.

#8 2 years ago

wow looks like he loaded it himself and everything

ford dudes are p strong

2 weeks later
    #9 2 years ago

If they'd do a current version of the original mavericks, as in CARS, this magnotron owner would be more easily swayed! This truck is more like a tree hugging ford (f★★king) ranger. And the new rangers are closer to the old f100s. Not very impressed with either, honestly. But that's just personal opinion, and sorry to anyone who likes them!

#10 2 years ago

I sorta know that pinball chick. Few years back I had a short film show at a film festival and she was in one of the shorts during my block. https://www.instagram.com/rainbowbrite/

She's been in a few commercials recently. Rosetta Stone, Comcast, ah... couple other ones. Oh, she was also the girl on Lets Make a Deal that put that guy directly in the friend zone.

#11 2 years ago

A Maverick truck? My 1st car was a 1970 Maverick Grabber Orange, 4 door with A/C was a rarity back then. How Ford chose to revive that name on a truck is beyond me.

2 months later
    #12 2 years ago

Just saw this. Ford is obviously targeting the pinball crowd . I grabbed the frame where they were showing it with a cabinet in the back. Looks like you can’t get the lift gate up with it in back.

I do like that compact pickups are trying to become a thing again. It fills the current truck void of “I need to get large items sometimes but I don’t need to tow a boat“. Don’t get me wrong, my company vehicle is an F150 and it’s nice, but no way will it fit in my garage. I want something I can pick up a pin with, do Home Depot runs, and throw my kayaks in the back of. This seems to check some boxes.

4B115C79-5F6D-4EE2-BAC8-5E1B80A3B36D (resized).jpeg4B115C79-5F6D-4EE2-BAC8-5E1B80A3B36D (resized).jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/magnotron-in-ford-maverick-pickup-promo-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.