55%
  • Family Guy 59 votes
    45%

(132 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

death-family-guy.jpg
tits.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PEN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

I had Family Guy and really tried to like it. The mini-playfield gets old fast and the game play is just OK. It is a funny game, loved the call outs. Thought it was great until I actually bought one after playing on location a few times. Xmen the opposite story. Really didn't like it the first few times I played it but really grew on me. So much that I bought an LE and it just gets better. Sort of like music, hooks that catch you initially but it seems really good music grows on you. So......
X-men = Miles Davis
Family Guy = (Insert your favorite crappy band here)

You nailed it.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh please, that's not what they were going for. They were terrible "actors" that they got on the cheap (or free). Xmen has a history if solid voice acting in multiple animated series. Watch those shows to see actors who knew what they were going for.
F*ck Shittybeast FOREVER!!!!!

Let it go mang, XMEN is mad fun.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Bad voices, bad way-too-easy-multiball. Nah.

You forgot to say Shi##y Beast Neo.

Way too easy multiball, at least you have come up with some kind of a reason. Vague and odd, but it is your reason anyway. Whats easy about it? Getting multiball?.... welcome to Stern. What are your strategies that make the game easy or boring? Scratching head.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I've rambled about this before... I just really hate how such a close & easy shot (Wolverine) starts Multiball with 4 or 5 hits. There's zero satisfaction to starting it at all. Plenty of games have "gimme" Multiballs, but that one is just waaay too much. Wolverine should start some kind of mode, then completing that mode earns you Weapon X Multiball. As is, it's one of the reasons that killed the game for me.

With the current code you can increase the hits to Wolverine. Tip- Do not hit Wolverine on purpose unless you need to. Its the one sucker shot in the game for newbies to bash at. Play the rest of the game, and you will start Wolverine once a game by mistake. With the hits to start Wolverine maxed out, the second start will likely be intentional or not at all. In short, do not focus on Woverine= have more fun.

#51 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't want to play a game where avoiding the gigantic main toy right by the flippers is what is required for fun. I'm perfectly capable of it - but I just resented that toy for existing without having good rules associated with it. It's too newbie even for newbies. When my newb friends played X-Men, it wasn't X-Men - it was "Weapon X Multiball: THE GAME" ...they got bored quick.

Sorry if this comes off a$$ish...but, did you not sell before said code update? Did you get a chance to adjust the settings as I mentioned above? XMEN is the opposite of a newbie game, I think your holding onto the past a bit code wise. I sold the game because of Weapon X. I am not disagreeing with your early assessment of Weapon X, however things can and have changed....Its been back in my lineup long enough with the new code/settings for me to have an honest evaluation. Weapon X, is no longer an issue.

As far as Gigantic main toy is concerned, I consider it a molded standup target, not a toy....

#53 9 years ago

The other "toy" to avoid in XMEN is the Magneto Center lock. As you know, the idea is to avoid it until you have as many heros completed as possible. At any rate Rare, we all get it, you don't like XMEN, and my Buddy Panzer loves WOZ. Oh......and I have a WOZ over TSPP, and own a LOTR....just because.

Back to the ops question....I prefer XMENLE, but its kind of a weird comparison. XMENLE and Family guy, could not be more different.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PEN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/magneto-vs-family-guy?tu=PEN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.