10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

chrismagpro1.jpg
#1 10 years ago

What are using to protect your play fields from magnet area wear? In the past I have used pinball pal protectors. It protected the area around the magnet but left the magnet area open. I bought protectors from the pinball life but they go over the magnet. I don't know how the magnet will work through the Mylar? The other option are the Cliffys but I don't care for the looks and don't know how well they will come off if I want to remove them. Most of cliffys stuff is great I just dont know if these are for me. Any thoughts? Thanks, Mike

#2 10 years ago

What game are you talking about? If you are talking about Stern or B/W? If you are talking about Stern I would recommend these from Cliffy and put one on my SM recently.

chrismagpro1.jpgchrismagpro1.jpg
#3 10 years ago

I am talking about sterns. metallica and STLE. I have the pinball pal protectors on SM and they worked great but from my understanding they are not filling orders at this time.

#4 10 years ago

I've never had a problem with the magnet not working under the mylar. I just picked up a Cliffy ring for my SM too. I really like the look of Cliff's protectors. I think the metal ring looks bossy. But that's just me.

#5 10 years ago

My friend put some mylar over his magnets on IM and XM which worked great but over time it looked pretty chewed up so he ended up removing it.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

My friend put some mylar over his magnets on IM and XM which worked great but over time it looked pretty chewed up so he ended up removing it.

You should take a razor blade and cut out the part of the mylar that is over the magnet core.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You should take a razor blade and cut out the part of the mylar that is over the magnet core.

I forget where he bought the mylar circle protector from but it had a cut out where the magnet core was.

#8 10 years ago

I'd like to protect Goldeneye from the crotch magnet since mine is nice, but I've heard others on here say it doesn't work through mylar. Anyone tried and succeeded on that game?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/magnet-protection and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.