Magnet Goldeneye TIP36C burning

By jansensouza

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hi

My goldeneye suddenly burned the magnet board and I replaced all capacitors, TIP 36C , TIP 32, 150 OHMS resistor, (2)diodes (D14) in parallel all from the magnet 1's side. After that I turned the machine on again and the magnet from mag2 is ok ( it holds and release the ball back to the playfield) but when I tried to test the satelite magnet it holded the ball during multiball and did not released it and, of course the transistors from mag 1 burned again.

Any clues?

Thanks

#2 1 year ago

Do you have a logic probe?

Check U1 P18. If it is always high the PIC is probably bad. If it is mostly low and goes high when the magnet should be on, the problem is in the transistor drive area. One more transistor, Q4 2n5551 -> TIP32C -> TIP36C. Sounds like PIC failure is somewhat common on this board from the amount of posts about it.

I think the manual has theory of op about the magnet board if you want to try and understand how it works.

#3 1 year ago

Hi

Thanks for your reply

The pic is OK, I changed the TIP 32c and 36c and the zeners and the 150ohm 5w resistor that was burned and the 36C keeps burning even when I change the coil. Now I am going to change all transistors, all diodes to see what happens. I also checked the 60V line and replaced the capacitors of the Power board.
When I run the satelite test it senses the ball, peeks it but the resistor and the tip36c begins to heat too much and the tip36c gets shorted. Nuts!

After change the components I will try again and let you know

Any suggestion, will be welcome

#4 1 year ago

Where did you buy the tip36c at? This is one of the most commonly faked bipolar transistor.

#5 1 year ago

I was, indeed, begining to think about that possibility.. I think it would be better buy some TIP 36C from other source.

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods

4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/magnet-goldeneye-tip36c-burning and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.