Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3232 (resized).JPG
Gob Magic.gif
magic (resized).png
magic_lounge (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

We have seen quite a few magic lovers make Houdini their first pinball machine purchase, including The Chicago Magic Lounge.

The Chicago Magic Lounge is a 7,200 square-foot, deco-style, state-of-the-art theater and lounge – complete with secret doors, elegant performance areas and speakeasy magic bar – dedicated to the art of sleight of hand, prestidigitation and Chicago's contribution to the magical arts. The Houdini Pinball game was purchased as a gift from the owners to the magicians who perform at the Chicago Magic Lounge. The game has been placed in the performers' green room for them to enjoy before and after their performances.

So, unfortunately you need to be a performing magician to play it, but their are other places to play Houdini in Chicago.

For those magic lovers, you can learn more at
chicagomagiclounge.com
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoMagicLounge/

magic_lounge (resized).jpgmagic_lounge (resized).jpg
Photo credit: Mike Rivera

#2 5 years ago

Very cool! Thx for sharing!

#3 5 years ago

Thats awesome!!

#4 5 years ago

Love it!

#5 5 years ago

You ever need a magician, phone them. They all have unique voice mails pertaining to their skills. Quite entertaining.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : You ever need a Houdini, call American Pinball.

#6 5 years ago

I did not know there was a Magic Castle type place in Chicago! awesome. You guys need a picture with Neil Patrick Harris next!

#7 5 years ago

magic (resized).pngmagic (resized).png

#8 5 years ago

ILLUSIONS, Michael.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

We have seen quite a few magic lovers make Houdini their first pinball machine purchase, including The Chicago Magic Lounge.
The Chicago Magic Lounge is a 7,200 square-foot, deco-style, state-of-the-art theater and lounge – complete with secret doors, elegant performance areas and speakeasy magic bar – dedicated to the art of sleight of hand, prestidigitation and Chicago's contribution to the magical arts. The Houdini Pinball game was purchased as a gift from the owners to the magicians who perform at the Chicago Magic Lounge. The game has been placed in the performers' green room for them to enjoy before and after their performances.
So, unfortunately you need to be a performing magician to play it, but their are other places to play Houdini in Chicago.
For those magic lovers, you can learn more at
chicagomagiclounge.com
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoMagicLounge/

Photo credit: Mike Rivera

You should try to sell one to NPH.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You ever need a magician, phone them. They all have unique voice mails pertaining to their skills. Quite entertaining.

I can confirm this! My father is/was a performing magician on stage and screen and I have worked with several other magicians on various projects over the years...and they all have a fitting voice mail greeting.

My favorite was the voice mail greeting of the late, great mental illusionist Lawrence Gregory: "Hello...I've been expecting you."

#11 5 years ago

I bought my Pinball Magic from a magician...maybe one day I'll pick up a Houdini?

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

He's actually getting one. Tweeted about wanting it for his Birthday. Is doing so.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Quoted from epthegeek:

He's actually getting one. Tweeted about wanting it for his Birthday. Is doing so.

Yes he did indeed tweet about wanting one for his birthday and I will be happy to tell you all about it, but for now

#14 5 years ago

I wonder if Criss Angel or David Blaine has bought a Houdini??

I know that Criss Angel has or had a Theater of Magic in his magic store in The Luxor back in during 2005-2007 timeframe.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I wonder if Criss Angel or David Blaine has bought a Houdini??
I know that Criss Angel has or had a Theater of Magic in his magic store in The Luxor back in during 2005-2007 timeframe.

It was there in at least 2014. I wanted to play it but it was OOO.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

ILLUSIONS, Michael.

Gob Magic.gifGob Magic.gif

#17 5 years ago

I was a magician earlier in life. Consider myself a magic collector now.

I'm probably going to sell my LOTR that was my first NIB and get a Houdini. Just too good of a theme for me to pass up, and I don't really play LOTR anymore.

And Josh is just awesome, and the rest of the team at American Pinball for that matter.

Paul

1 week later
#18 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

He's actually getting one. Tweeted about wanting it for his Birthday.

Joe Newhart from Pinball Star providing white glove service and is doing delivery and set up today. Neil has been out of the country and returns tonight, told his family, not to play it until he gets home, he wants the first game.

IMG_3232 (resized).JPGIMG_3232 (resized).JPG

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Joe Newhart from Pinball Star providing white glove service and is doing delivery and set up today. Neil has been out of the country and returns tonight, told his family, not to play it until he gets home, he wants the first game.

Definitely need a vid of him playing it !

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Definitely need a vid of him playing it !

Hopefully we will at some point.

#21 5 years ago

Here is a photo of some magicians playing Houdini... oh I guess they disappeared...
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

That's awesome!
Also, based on title of thread.
Loving mine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/magicians-loving-houdini?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.