IMG_1217 (resized).JPG
IMG_2563 (resized).JPG
IMG_9296 (resized).JPG
IMG_9299 (resized).JPG
IMG_9294 (resized).JPG
IMG_9293 (resized).JPG
IMG_9292 (resized).JPG
Stashkid13 Magic Girl Stream (resized).png
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Magic Girl stream tonight 5/24/2017 around 6:30 EST at twitch.tv/stashkid13

Stashkid13 Magic Girl Stream (resized).pngStashkid13 Magic Girl Stream (resized).png

#2 6 years ago

What's left to say at this point.

Except...congrats, I guess?

#3 6 years ago

#4 6 years ago

Look at meeeeeeeee!

#5 6 years ago

It was fun getting the opportunity to play even though the gameplay stinks.

IMG_9292 (resized).JPGIMG_9292 (resized).JPG

IMG_9293 (resized).JPGIMG_9293 (resized).JPG

IMG_9294 (resized).JPGIMG_9294 (resized).JPG

IMG_9299 (resized).JPGIMG_9299 (resized).JPG

IMG_9296 (resized).JPGIMG_9296 (resized).JPG

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Stashkid13:

And Rockies beat the Phillies last night(which I saw in background of picture). 1st place Rockies, best record in National League!!!!!!!

Sorry you had some kind of pinball you were showing I guess......................

#7 6 years ago

Thanks for posting. Neat to follow this bizarre saga. Don't listen to the jackasses.

#8 6 years ago

It's like Gottlieb came back into the pinball business to make their own version of Cirquis Voltaire with an LCD, then gave up halfway through the project and just shipped what they had.

Sorry, I guess that is a bit insulting. To Gottlieb of course...they made better pins in the 90s.

#9 6 years ago

I hope you enjoy it. The seller is a good dude. Glad to see you giving it a home.

#10 6 years ago

Seller was indeed a stand up fellow.

I am already working diligently to get the game moving along toward completion. Will be a long journey, but worthwhile when finally complete.

IMG_2563 (resized).JPGIMG_2563 (resized).JPG

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Look at meeeeeeeee!

Loooooooooooooooooook.

#12 6 years ago

Let him have his fun you shitheads. Jeez.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Stashkid13:

That's an understatement. But the game does look pretty!

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

I am already working diligently to get the game moving along toward completion. Will be a long journey, but worthwhile when finally complete.

It'll be interesting to see if the owners can get these going...as they were intended to be played.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

Let him have his fun you shitheads. Jeez.

For sure. Some of you might have missed it so here you go...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-staff-announcement-please-read

Stop being dicks and let the guy enjoy something which has absolutely NOTHING to do with you.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Stop being dicks and let the guy enjoy something which has absolutely NOTHING to do with you.

Yes. Let him enjoy his fast-approaching regret, it has nothing to do with you.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

agreed

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

It'll be interesting to see if the owners can get these going...as they were intended to be played.

Nobody knows how it was intended to be played. It's like they found 20 minutes of film for a movie where the script was never more than a third done and they are trying to flush it out to a an actual, coherent 2 hour movie. Or, something about cars. There has to be a cargument in there somewhere.

So good luck with that. You can't just throw money at this "problem." These games are destined to be expensive paperweights of diminishing value.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Yes. Let him enjoy his fast-approaching regret, it has nothing to do with you.

IMG_1217 (resized).JPGIMG_1217 (resized).JPG

#20 6 years ago

Are you planning on putting this game out on location where it can rake in the big money?

#21 6 years ago

Ain't nobody Jealous of no Magic Girl. Come on Darth. I've got a beat up Volley that plays awesome that more people would be jealous of.

Jealous of the attention?! Maybe, for attention types, at one point in time. But all the juice was squeezed from that orange months ago. Now it's strictly point-and-laugh time.

Can anybody honestly say they'd want this in their collection? Guests/Wives/kids...they aren't gonna "get it," even if you explain the story to them. All they will know is you can't play an actual 3 ball game on it and they'd rather play the Cue Ball Wizard next to it.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ain't nobody Jealous of no Magic Girl. Come on Darth. I've got a beat up Volley that plays awesome that more people would be jealous of.
Jealous of the attention?! Maybe, for attention types, at one point in time. But all the juice was squeezed from that orange months ago. Now it's strictly point-and-laugh time.
Can anybody honestly say they'd want this in their collection? Guests/Wives/kids...they aren't gonna "get it," even if you explain the story to them. All they will know is you can't play an actual 3 ball game on it and they'd rather play the Cue Ball Wizard next to it.

I get your point but why beat the guy up? He's sharing it with the community. Not that dissimilar from the BBB unboxing years ago. No need to hate on the guy for it. It's his choice to have one. I'm glad people are sharing the unboxings etc. for any game. It's the only way I get to see this stuff.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Looks great man! Enjoy!

I'm sure you could give a shit less what Levi has to say...I know I could!

#24 6 years ago

Thanks for sharing!

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Looks great man! Enjoy!

pro tip: it's "couldn't."

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Not that dissimilar from the BBB unboxing years ago.

Except BBB is a fully complete game?

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Except BBB is a fully complete game?

There also wasn't twitch or youtube for every single BBB owner to broadcast their big score. The details kinda leaked out. It was cool. We saw some pictures, we read posts. And we knew BBB was an actual pinball machine you could play and we looked forward to seeing one in person.

We've all seen enough Magic Girl at this point. We all know the only actual functioning shot are the spinners. We all know most of the game doesn't work, the playfield and code are both painfully unfinished, and that it's in the exact same shape as its first disastrous unveil at that pinball show a while back. We don't need a twitch stream at this point to figure out the shooter lane has no groove. If people want to keep showing off their Magic Girls, that's fine, but this is the internet baby. You gotta expect people are going to point out how silly the whole thing is.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Looks great man! Enjoy!

Yea that Levi guy is just a big bully.. Let us have our fun with our toys.

#29 6 years ago

Your broken toy, you mean.

Also, shining more spotlights on this dumpster fire only gives more attention to JPop.

#30 6 years ago

Man, people just cant stand to see other people enjoy themselves...

Thanks for sharing, the game is nice to look at.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There also wasn't twitch or youtube for every single BBB owner to broadcast their big score. The details kinda leaked out. It was cool. We saw some pictures, we read posts. And we knew BBB was an actual pinball machine you could play and we looked forward to seeing one in person.
We've all seen enough Magic Girl at this point. We all know the only actual functioning shot are the spinners. We all know most of the game doesn't work, the playfield and code are both painfully unfinished, and that it's in the exact same shape as its first disastrous unveil at that pinball show a while back. We don't need a twitch stream at this point to figure out the shooter lane has no groove. If people want to keep showing off their Magic Girls, that's fine, but this is the internet baby. You gotta expect people are going to point out how silly the whole thing is.

I stream pinball content for all to see. I just like to get anything pinball out on the web. Does it really bother you that I streamed my play of this game? I haven't studied the game like you so it was a first for me.

In case you missed it CrazyLevi here is the link to the video

#32 6 years ago

Wow. Some serious personal insults being hurled from folks I've never met or spoken to and who don't know me from Adam.

Anyways, all the guys in my pin league seemed pretty excited that we have one in the group. And I have a programmer on staff that can button up the code and make the game playable. And two or 3 other guys who have expressed interest in polishing it up after that.

It's not a moon launch. It's a game. Nothing to get outraged over. It's a partially completed toy that will eventually become a completed toy. It's not that big a deal.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

It's a partially completed toy that will eventually become a completed toy.

I hope so but I think not.

#34 6 years ago

Forgive my ignorance but what is magic girl? A custom pinball project or prototype? The art looks nice.
*edit: never mind, just read a little blurb - 19 were made

#35 6 years ago

Is it totally impossible to finish code on this?

#36 6 years ago

Looking forward to see any progress made on getting Magic Girl to play better. Thanks for the stream too.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

Is it totally impossible to finish code on this?

I would say no, but it goes beyond the code. There are mechanical, layout, missing parts, other issues as well. It would take significant work to make one truly playable.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Wow. Some serious personal insults being hurled from folks I've never met or spoken to and who don't know me from Adam.
Anyways, all the guys in my pin league seemed pretty excited that we have one in the group. And I have a programmer on staff that can button up the code and make the game playable. And two or 3 other guys who have expressed interest in polishing it up after that.
It's not a moon launch. It's a game. Nothing to get outraged over. It's a partially completed toy that will eventually become a completed toy. It's not that big a deal.

I have tons of respect for your collection. You have a selection of games that most of us dream of having once in our lives, let alone all at once! The hate, jealously, and malicious intent of people on the site/in the hobby almost make me want to get out all together. I have only one machine in my collection at the moment. One. What I used to enjoy about forums/communities was the ability to engage in discussion about our passion, our love, OUR hobby. Instead of basking in the joy of your latest acquisition as a community, there are assholes (all the usual suspects above) who love to kick the shit out of decent people who keep this hobby going STRONG. You allow people to come over to your home and enjoy your blessings! It's a shame when you come on here to share what I consider an ABSOLUTE majestic work of art in motion that you become lambasted by those who probably wish they had an OUNCE of what you've been so blessed to have.

Keep doing what you doing. I'd love to just see this game in person one day myself. Who cares if it even works...it's a piece of our modern pinball history with a hell of a story behind it.

Hats off to you, good sir.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

What I used to enjoy about forums/communities was the ability to engage in discussion about our passion, our love, OUR hobby. Instead of basking in the joy of your latest acquisition as a community, there are assholes (all the usual suspects above) who love to kick the shit out of decent people who keep this hobby going STRONG.

That's why Robin and staff created that beautiful "Ignore User" feature. YOU can determine who the bad guys are according to your personal standards and just activate the Ignore User feature and you'll never have to hear from them again. It's fantastic!

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

It's a shame when you come on here to share what I consider an ABSOLUTE majestic work of art in motion that you become lambasted by those who probably wish they had an OUNCE of what you've been so blessed to have.

Nobody is dumping on this out of jealousy. They're dumping on it because it's the product of the hard work of dozens of people who were lied to, used for their abilities and left owed thousands and thousands of dollars of unpaid invoices.

Celebrating this game, which doesn't work, has a bunch of broken or missing parts, and is made of essentially STOLEN property would only go to validate the crimes that John Popadiuk is guilty of, and that shouldn't happen.

Also it's highly insulting to the people involved to just say "oh we'll just finish that work" when the work that's there wasn't paid for.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

And I have a programmer on staff that can button up the code and make the game playable. And two or 3 other guys who have expressed interest in polishing it up after that.

What about Applejuice - the original programmer? Why don't you pay him to finish it?

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

What about Applejuice - the original programmer? Why don't you pay him to finish it?

Never gonna happen either way

Still, let the F ing guy enjoy his unboxing

Get over it. Life goes on

I doubt you had a dime at risk

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Man, people just cant stand to see other people enjoy themselves...
Thanks for sharing, the game is nice to look at.

100% agree with you bro.

#44 6 years ago

Jealous F ing haters

#45 6 years ago

I know this game is one filled with controversy but damn is it gorgeous! If I could buy one would I? Probably not with all the uncertainty. Having said that I hope the owner is enjoying the hell out of it because at the end of the day that's what it's all about. Congrats man!

#46 6 years ago

considering how much i am out, i would be happy with that rather than the nothing i have for the thousands i lost.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from PinsideTroll:

considering how much i am out, i would be happy with that rather than the nothing i have for the thousands i lost.

I hope that you know my intention was not to rub in the fact that I was playing a game that F'ed so many people over. I am very sorry for your situation.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Jealous F ing haters

I just finished saying it's not jealousy. If someone offered me one for free I wouldn't take it. I don't want anything to do with that toxic piece of crap, because I'd rather stand behind the people I know who got fucked, instead of celebrate having a game that doesn't even work and basically will never work without massive physical changes.

It's just disrespectful. But I get you're more about yourself than about others, that's abundantly clear.

#49 6 years ago

i would never pay thousands to be in that club. when i see that pin it is the worst of this hobby. i can understand how people get turned off by this.

#50 6 years ago

I'm somewhat new to this hobbby, One of the main reasons I have fallen in love with pinball is they are amazing pieces of functional art, that is a harmonious combination of software and hardware in an amazing event driven system.

More importantly what has really drawn in is the community of folks. Pinside - for the most part - has been a great source of help, inspiration, and knowledge. In the short period I have been part of pinside I think another adjective that is becoming more prominent... "pessimism" I see so many people on here just bashing others.

I have heard of magic girl, but don't know the entire story behind the game. Im also new to the industry so from a business ethics perspective I'm not sure I understand how so many games these days are causing issues (big lebowski for example) seems there is no rules in pin manufacturing. But I digress...

I don't see any benefit of coming into this guys thread and bashing him and his machine up and down when it has zero relevancy to what THIS POST is about. If you have that much passion and hatred for a game make your own topic, and comment till your hearts content and if you do in fact have first hand knowledge or can speak to the account of designers, devs, and engineers involved that's great info to expose... just think there is s time and place for it all. It takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile. Peace

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/magic-girl-unboxing-review-and-out-of-the-box-gameplay?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.