IMG_1217 (resized).JPG
IMG_2563 (resized).JPG
IMG_9296 (resized).JPG
IMG_9299 (resized).JPG
IMG_9294 (resized).JPG
IMG_9293 (resized).JPG
IMG_9292 (resized).JPG
Stashkid13 Magic Girl Stream (resized).png
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I don't see any benefit of coming into this guys thread and bashing him and his machine up and down when it has zero relevancy to what THIS POST is about.

It's relevant because Magic Girl is a criminal fiasco and shouldn't be celebrated by anyone. Ever. There are no winners here - forgetting the long string of people burned by JPop, even this guy, who probably paid $20K or so for the game, doesn't even get a working machine out of the deal. Literally no one has benefited in a positive way.

If what JPop did isn't highlighted every time MG is mentioned, then guys like you who don't know the full story might think it's okay. It's not okay.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I just finished saying it's not jealousy. If someone offered me one for free I wouldn't take it. I don't want anything to do with that toxic piece of crap, because I'd rather stand behind the people I know who got fucked, instead of celebrate having a game that doesn't even work and basically will never work without massive physical changes.
It's just disrespectful. But I get you're more about yourself than about others, that's abundantly clear.

You are the one coming into this guys happy unboxing thread crapping on it.

And I was one of the people who got F ed. Railing against a MG unboxing isn't doing a F ing thing. In fact, its at least some people that got something out of the fiasco.

Get it?

My feelings on Jpop and what he did are well documented in that thread. Like everybody else's.

#53 6 years ago

jwilson i completely agree with you dude, I happen to be a developer and have been taken advantage of before, and it sucks, so im totally aligning with you. All i was saying is that more people may want to be aware of the MG story and if there is numerous posts maybe you could point me to one that talks of the back story so i'm more informed. Seems like pinball manufacturing is like the wild west... No rules do as you please? Thanks

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I don't see any benefit of coming into this guys thread and bashing him and his machine up and down when it has zero relevancy to what THIS POST is about.

Welcome to Pinside.....

#55 6 years ago

I don't get the hate either. I think it is a great looking machine, I would love to have it in my collection, but could never afford it. I am happy he started the thread, and I am sure hundreds of people are happy he started this thread also.

#56 6 years ago

Soulrider911 -- the true backstory is buried in 20K+ posts in the magic girl thread -- it ain't pretty. If you just google jpop magic girl though it should bring up a much condensed version, can't remember the website off top of head.

I agree that no one should be shitting in this thread - regardless of Mg's controversy. It is what it is - no one is going to buy them all and burn them, they're in the wild and are pretty semi-functioning prices of history. If people are gonna work on them and get the games functioning better I'm interested in seeing what becomes of that endeavor.

I'm admittedly surprised every time I see someone pop up on here asking what mg is though, or not knowing the story. Such an insane saga

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Nobody is dumping on this out of jealousy. They're dumping on it because it's the product of the hard work of dozens of people who were lied to, used for their abilities and left owed thousands and thousands of dollars of unpaid invoices.
Celebrating this game, which doesn't work, has a bunch of broken or missing parts, and is made of essentially STOLEN property would only go to validate the crimes that John Popadiuk is guilty of, and that shouldn't happen.
Also it's highly insulting to the people involved to just say "oh we'll just finish that work" when the work that's there wasn't paid for.

Regardless of the controversy and anger that surrounds Magic Girl, this guy paid good money for the right to stream, video, display, play and do whatever else he wants with his new machine. If people take offence to this, then don't watch the stream, drain the thread and move on. If you have resentment for MG, point that shit in the right direction where it belongs.

#58 6 years ago

Congrats on the purchase and thanks for sharing.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

That's why Robin and staff created that beautiful "Ignore User" feature. YOU can determine who the bad guys are according to your personal standards and just activate the Ignore User feature and you'll never have to hear from them again. It's fantastic!

+1000. Do this for the 10 worst offenders and Pinside becomes a much better place. You still see all the people that took the bait and argue back, but that's the cost until everyone puts them on ignore.

OP, enjoy the game. MG is now a part of the history of pinball.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

That's why Robin and staff created that beautiful "Ignore User" feature. YOU can determine who the bad guys are according to your personal standards and just activate the Ignore User feature and you'll never have to hear from them again. It's fantastic!

It's fantastic if you want to exist in a bubble.
Much better to hear ALL opinions,without getting personal.
It gives you,as a pinball fan,perspective. Think about it.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Regardless of the controversy and anger that surrounds Magic Girl, this guy paid good money for the right to stream, video, display, play and do whatever else he wants with his new machine. If people take offence to this, then don't watch the stream, drain the thread and move on. If you have resentment for MG, point that shit in the right direction where it belongs.

Where does this idea come from the that you can buy a right to be free from criticism? I find it baffling.

Anyway, just to clarify, my comment that I got moderated for was meant as a jokey critique of the game, not an attack on the buyer.

#62 6 years ago

Beautiful game.

Congrats on actually owning one!!!!

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Where does this idea come from the that you can buy a right to be free from criticism? I find it baffling.
Anyway, just to clarify, my comment that I got moderated for was meant as a jokey critique of the game, not an attack on the buyer.

Still talking about it? We don't want to hear it. Thanks!

#64 6 years ago

image.gifimage.gif

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

My comments were directed specifically jwilson and @jahbarron.

I totally agree that you can't buy a right to be free from criticism. The sad fact is that no matter what you do in life, there will always be someone to criticise you, shit on you, and step all over you. I learnt that very early in life. I understand constructive criticism and I get that everyone has the right to an opinion. However, I felt that @jwilson's criticism was misdirected and in the case of jahbarron just plain unnecessary.

#66 6 years ago

First of all, I would like to vouch for both Stashkid, and Mojosan having personally known them. They both love and support the hobby in a way we should all support. Stashkid has been streaming pinball for the love of the game for a while now, he is not getting rich off this endeavor although I'm sure he would like to. He is not bragging that he got to play the game, however he is always looking for games to stream and is constantly trying to get me to stream my Mr and Mrs Pac Man pinball....not sure that one will get the hate this thread has gotten.
Mojosan is a true stand up character, his collection of pinballs would make any pinsider drool and is welcoming to share for others. He has hosted many league nights and every time has been a gracious host. Some collect expensive art, and thankfully for our hobby some collect expensive pinball tables. I for one enjoy pinball more than art, as well as other games in general. And yes I too get jealous of Mojosans collection at times, however unlike expensive art, he does not treat it as so, he treats it as a toy to an amazing hobby.
Magic girl is closer to a piece of art which can be looked at and not played too much, he is trying to turn it into a fun toy. Who knows if he can fix the code, maybe one day it can be like big bang bar with many remakes with a better code. But Mojosan is trying and hopefully for the pinball community he will succeed.

#67 6 years ago

Congrats on getting this title and sharing this with all enthusiast.

Keep us updated with your findings
On how does machine works / or doesn't work.

Again , thanks for sharing

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nobody knows how it was intended to be played. It's like they found 20 minutes of film for a movie where the script was never more than a third done and they are trying to flush it out to a an actual, coherent 2 hour movie. Or, something about cars. There has to be a cargument in there somewhere.
So good luck with that. You can't just throw money at this "problem." These games are destined to be expensive paperweights of diminishing value.

Hey, it worked out well for Game of Death.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Xninja:

First of all, I would like to vouch for both Stashkid, and Mojosan having personally known them. They both love and support the hobby in a way we should all support. Stashkid has been streaming pinball for the love of the game for a while now, he is not getting rich off this endeavor although I'm sure he would like to. He is not bragging that he got to play the game, however he is always looking for games to stream and is constantly trying to get me to stream my Mr and Mrs Pac Man pinball....not sure that one will get the hate this thread has gotten.
Mojosan is a true stand up character, his collection of pinballs would make any pinsider drool and is welcoming to share for others. He has hosted many league nights and every time has been a gracious host. Some collect expensive art, and thankfully for our hobby some collect expensive pinball tables. I for one enjoy pinball more than art, as well as other games in general. And yes I too get jealous of Mojosans collection at times, however unlike expensive art, he does not treat it as so, he treats it as a toy to an amazing hobby.
Magic girl is closer to a piece of art which can be looked at and not played too much, he is trying to turn it into a fun toy. Who knows if he can fix the code, maybe one day it can be like big bang bar with many remakes with a better code. But Mojosan is trying and hopefully for the pinball community he will succeed.

I appreciate the kind words @xninja. This game is now a part of pinball history whether the negative posters here like it or not. My goal is to create content about all things pinball. The good and the bad. Getting to open a MG out of a box and play it is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I thank Mojosan for giving me that opportunity. Cheers to pinball and keep flipping!

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

It's fantastic if you want to exist in a bubble.
Much better to hear ALL opinions,without getting personal.
It gives you,as a pinball fan,perspective. Think about it.

Well, truth be told, I only have one person on "ignore" and even then, that person has already been kicked off Pinside. But, in the end, it takes someone being a truly insufferable prick before I decide to put someone on "ignore".

Hell, I don't even have Kaneda on ignore(though I should have done it when he was still active).

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Well, truth be told, I only have one person on "ignore" and even then, that person has already been kicked off Pinside. But, in the end, it takes someone being a truly insufferable prick before I decide to put someone on "ignore".
Hell, I don't even have Kaneda on ignore(though I should have done it when he was still active).

I started being active on Pinside after Kaneda-gate happened, can someone fill me in as to what he has done to deserve this? I've seen his video's and listened to his podcast, he does not strike me as someone too bad.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

I started being active on Pinside after Kaneda-gate happened, can someone fill me in as to what he has done to deserve this? I've seen his video's and listened to his podcast, he does not strike me as someone too bad.

Let's not go there.

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/magic-girl-unboxing-review-and-out-of-the-box-gameplay/page/2?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.