• Latest reply 7 years ago by frolic
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1803 (resized).JPG
jeremy_spoke.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Well seeing as we know there are 2 prototypes. The new buyer has one and Jeremy the second. Any remakes marked as prototypes is a misrepresentation. The value is not in the backglass per se, it's in the history, the uniqueness and the provenance. Would I buy a reprint not marked as a prototype? Yes. Would I pay $3k? No. I wouldn't pay 1/10th that.

No, but you'd pay $50/$100 and so would 100 other people thus dropping the value of the original item way down (Similar to things Dayhuff has said/experienced)

You said it yourself, for most people the value is not in the backglass. So if you can get the history (conversation piece that looks cool), why not get the $50/$100 one? This is the thought process of most people. Once that happens the original backglass loses a little bit of it's monetary and special value as unfortunate and sad as that is. I don't even think this is entirely relevant head-on to your argument but it was worth noting.

He can make a lot of money, he'd make that $3,000 easy - but contrary to what you think, it would be by mass-production rather than one piece.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/magic-girl-pinball-backglass-for-sale?tu=Otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.