Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by frolic
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1803 (resized).JPG
jeremy_spoke.jpg

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago

It's a beautiful piece of art and it's worth every penny of that.

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

It's a beautiful piece of art and it's worth every penny of that.

No way. It's ridiculous and highlights the couple dozen folks in this hobby who have more money than they know what to do with. You can buy an original high-end piece of hand painted artwork from a well-known artist in this price range. This is a printed piece on plastic that may very well get printed a hundred more times, there is no guarantee. JPop is probably warming up his printer right now. If this was original hand drawn artwork then yes. But it's not.

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from JMcDonald:

No way. It's ridiculous and highlights the couple dozen folks in this hobby who have more money than they know what to do with. You can buy an original high-end piece of hand painted artwork from a well-known artist in this price range. This is a printed piece on plastic that may very well get printed a hundred more times, there is no guarantee. JPop is probably warming up his printer right now. If this was original hand drawn artwork then yes. But it's not.

Pretty judgmental. Maybe somebody doesn't want a piece of "art" that means nothing to them, or they flat-out just don't like that type of art. To each their own. Not sure what other people spending their money on has anything to do with you. Really don't understand peoples need to be so concerned about what others are doing with their money.

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Pretty judgmental. Maybe somebody doesn't want a piece of "art" that means nothing to them, or they flat-out just don't like that type of art. To each their own. Not sure what other people spending their money on has anything to do with you. Really don't understand peoples need to be so concerned about what others are doing with their money.

Yes, it's totally judgmental, and such black and white extremism is very inflammatory.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from JMcDonald:

Even if you buy seriolithos off a cruise ship or something you have no real guarantee there will not be new editions or new plates.

Jeremy is on the track to being one of, if not THE greatest pinball artist ever IMO and this is his personal proto from his first game. Considering the story behind this piece and it's provenance this is a steal under $2500.

#56 2 years ago

10 minutes left...

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

10 minutes left...

Hold on to your dicks.

#60 2 years ago

$3060 it is. Nice ZY! Congrats to you and the winning bidder.

#61 2 years ago

Congrats Jeremy $3060

#62 2 years ago

Congrats to the buyer and seller!

#63 2 years ago

Alright fess up. Who was there at the end? 'Twas not me.

#64 2 years ago

Congrats! Just missed it.

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Yes, it's totally judgmental, and such black and white extremism is very inflammatory.

So when someone says this piece is beautiful and totally worth every cent, that's not judgmental? But if someone has a negative opinion and says that a PRINTED piece of artwork on plastic has been over hyped, that's being judgmental? I really don't care how anyone spends their money. But call it what it is. I'm laughing at the valuation and the bidders. I hope JPop does crank up the printer and has another 5 dozen printed. There is nothing stopping him.

#66 2 years ago

Jpop doesn't have the rights anymore. From what Jeremy stated, it was transferred to the Pintasia folks. I love his art. To me it's worth it, but understand it's judgmental. The odds of seeing these prints mass produced are pretty low, though they would sell a shit ton.

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from AliciaC:

The odds of seeing these prints mass produced are pretty low, though they would sell a shit ton.

What are you basing this on? Someone owns the rights to it. You don't think they want to see a return on their investment? Ever hear of the MM and AFM remakes?

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from JMcDonald:

What are you basing this on? Someone owns the rights to it. You don't think they want to see a return on their investment? Ever hear of the MM and AFM remakes?

Well seeing as we know there are 2 prototypes. The new buyer has one and Jeremy the second. Any remakes marked as prototypes is a misrepresentation. The value is not in the backglass per se, it's in the history, the uniqueness and the provenance. Would I buy a reprint not marked as a prototype? Yes. Would I pay $3k? No. I wouldn't pay 1/10th that.

#69 2 years ago

It's in this thread. "Ownership of rights" could be debated, but would probably be a legal mess to sort it out. I'm not a lawyer, don't play one on TV, just simply write them checks.

At the end of the day, it's all personal preference and self valuation. I enjoy the art and really wanted to add it to the game room. If Jeremy ever did collector commissioned work like Bluth/Goldman and a few others over the years, he would make the community super happy and could establish an additional revenue stream. I'd gladly pay $xxxx for some cool one off Yeti art.

But if it's time to close the chapter on MG, let's help support him (it's probably cathartic) and enjoy his new art on upcoming titles and be thankful.

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from JMcDonald:

I'm laughing at the valuation and the bidders.

Check this one out. A Newman sold a few years ago for 43 Mil. It's a blue canvas with a white line. http://nypost.com/2013/05/15/43-8-million-for-this/

In comparison to this Newman, Yeti's work looks to be worth between 1 Gorillian and 2 Brazilian dollars.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Well seeing as we know there are 2 prototypes. The new buyer has one and Jeremy the second. Any remakes marked as prototypes is a misrepresentation. The value is not in the backglass per se, it's in the history, the uniqueness and the provenance. Would I buy a reprint not marked as a prototype? Yes. Would I pay $3k? No. I wouldn't pay 1/10th that.

No, but you'd pay $50/$100 and so would 100 other people thus dropping the value of the original item way down (Similar to things Dayhuff has said/experienced)

You said it yourself, for most people the value is not in the backglass. So if you can get the history (conversation piece that looks cool), why not get the $50/$100 one? This is the thought process of most people. Once that happens the original backglass loses a little bit of it's monetary and special value as unfortunate and sad as that is. I don't even think this is entirely relevant head-on to your argument but it was worth noting.

He can make a lot of money, he'd make that $3,000 easy - but contrary to what you think, it would be by mass-production rather than one piece.

#72 2 years ago

Wow like something to be proud to own.

What a waste....

I meant that's so cool !!

#73 2 years ago

Hmmm, bsd, TS, rbion, sop, WPT, rs, or a mg backglass?

It is nice though that zy can get some money back!

#74 2 years ago

I don't understand some people...there is more angst that this backglass brought 3k on eBay than the fact that Jeremy was never compensated for his work and the rights possibly transferred to someone else for financial gain. Can we not just be glad that he was able to salvage a small portion of his financial loss from this project?

#75 2 years ago

Is that the wife and her hot girlfriend helping a guy celebrate his birthday? If so, Ill take that over the backglass anyday...

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from Rody:

I don't understand some people...there is more angst that this backglass brought 3k on eBay than the fact that Jeremy was never compensated for his work and the rights possibly transferred to someone else for financial gain. Can we not just be glad that he was able to salvage a small portion of his financial loss from this project?

The dude never got the machine he was supposed to get that he spent years working on, and has outstanding invoices that were never paid. And people are going to complain that some rich guy sees value in his art and is going to put a little bit back in his pocket? Some people.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 5.00
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Hardware
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,300.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 28.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 92.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside