• Latest reply 6 years ago by frolic
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1803 (resized).JPG
jeremy_spoke.jpg

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#2 6 years ago

That's really cool. I hope it ends up selling for a big number so Zombie Yetti ends up whole.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

That's really cool. I hope it ends up selling for a big number so Zombie Yetti ends up whole.

He's owed a machine (current value seems to be ~$30-35k) plus monies, so I don't think there is any chance of that.

AFAIK there's been no indication whatsoever from JPop's end that he intends to meet his outstanding commitments to the contractors, as opposed to customers.

But at least ZY and the other art guy (who's doing the package for Danesi's TA) have got some more reliable gigs now. The coder, Applejuice, and others have only really had downside, thus far.

#4 6 years ago

BUMP for Jeremy and his auction!

Brad

jeremy_spoke.jpgjeremy_spoke.jpg

#5 6 years ago

Wow, over $1200 already? You can pretty much bet these will be getting repo'd soon. I'll wait.

John

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Wow, over $1200 already? You can pretty much bet these will be getting repo'd soon. I'll wait.
John

The art he did for Magic Girl is phenomenal, its a shame he cant sell translites and playfields to raise the money he is deserved, I know I would buy both from him direct to hang on my gameroom wall.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The art he did for Magic Girl is phenomenal, its a shame he cant sell translites and playfields to raise the money he is deserved, I know I would buy both from him direct to hang on my gameroom wall.

He should get all the all the money and credit he deserves and then some. I applaud him for his artwork and patience in waiting to get paid. I wish him all the best and nothing less.

John

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

John

You won't see this one reproduced. This is what Jeremy had in mind for the final product plus it also is marked as a prototype sample.

I would rather have what a true artist had envisioned for the game.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

You won't see this one reproduced. This is what Jeremy had in mind for the final product plus it also is marked as a prototype sample.

I can confirm - if you read the description- this was one of 2 for the first prototype print tests back in 2013 while seeking vendors.

John gave them both to me on a working trip and I've had them hanging out in the studio ever since. They both were printed with indecia stating it is a prototype and is dated 2013.

This was the initial look of MG with multiple cyan/blue hair and fleshy colored skin. The logo was also dropped on at this stage & it later had a few Jinx characters added in - not sure if they are in the current final version out there.

I'm keeping one & parting with one. And no, I'm not going to have any printed nor did I have this printed - it was all John. If these get reproduced by someone they would be knock offs.

thanks to all for the kind words & support! I owe you

#10 6 years ago

I wouldn't hold my breath of I were you. If someone thinks they can make a few bucks off it they will. I have many original prototype glasses and translites that have since been reproduced by others. It's just a matter of time and people don't care which version they have as they will always lay out the cash for the cheaper one which brings the value of my originals down to pennies from the price I had to pay to get an original because that's all there was at the time.

John

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I can confirm - if you read the description- this was one of 2 for the first prototype print tests back in 2013 while seeking vendors.
John gave them both to me on a working trip and I've had them hanging out in the studio ever since. They both were printed with indecia stating it is a prototype and is dated 2013.
This was the initial look of MG with multiple cyan/blue hair and fleshy colored skin. The logo was also dropped on at this stage & it later had a few Jinx characters added in - not sure if they are in the current final version out there.
I'm keeping one & parting with one. And no, I'm not going to have any printed nor did I have this printed - it was all John. If these get reproduced by someone they would be knock offs.
thanks to all for the kind words & support! I owe you

Have you heard or spoken to John since "games" where delivered? Reason I ask is I would love to see John give you the rights back to your art to sell, as I am sure I would be one of many here that would happily buy art from the games you did for John to see you whole and get the professional and financial credit you deserve for your work.

I have never cared for translites or playfields hanging from my gameroom walls but I would cover my walls with your stuff it's just brilliant!

PS. Will you ship the proto translite to the UK? If so I'll be bidding

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

I wouldn't hold my breath of I were you. If someone thinks they can make a few bucks off it they will. I have many original prototype glasses and translites that have since been reproduced by others. It's just a matter of time and people don't care which version they have as they will always lay out the cash for the cheaper one which brings the value of my originals down to pennies from the price I had to pay to get an original because that's all there was at the time.
John

That's why I just posted my post above I would prefer to see Zombie receive the financial fruits of his labours!

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Have you heard or spoken to John since "games" where delivered? Reason I ask is I would love to see John give you the rights back to your art to sell, as I am sure I would be one of many here that would happily buy art from the games you did for John to see you whole and get the professional and financial credit you deserve for your work.
I have never cared for translites or playfields hanging from my gameroom walls but I would cover my walls with your stuff it's just brilliant!
PS. Will you ship the proto translite to the UK? If so I'll be bidding

I've had a handful of back & forth. He asked my availability last winter (as if all was wonderful) & I don't think he liked my response.

That said the rights to the art is an interesting discussion... His deal with Pintasia transferred the rights - BUT - since zidware never finished payment i've been advised that my work-for-hire was nullified & I would then retain the rights. That complication for parties down the line would sure be a mess of fun.

At this point I'm not pursuing wasting money to hurt anyone because I'm not a dick.... or a lawyer

As for Shipping - I will ship to the U.K.

#14 6 years ago

Almost at $2k already

#15 6 years ago

Does Magic girl have a name in the game, or is she just 'magic girl'?

#16 6 years ago

Wow, Jeremy...good luck with this. I believe all the rights to the artwork are yours. I hope you make a ton!

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I would love to see John give you the rights back to your art to sell

Since JPOP never actually paid for the work, doesn't ZY retain the copyright on the artwork?

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Since JPOP never actually paid for the work, doesn't ZY retain the copyright on the artwork?

Create and sell what you want. Tell John....."Sue me!!"

#19 6 years ago

Jeremy,

Sell whatever you can. I would def buy a backglass.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

No idea I would just love to see Jeremy sell art from all the pins he created for John, John can go crawl under a rock for all I care but Jeremy should certainly be able to get his "pay check" for the awesome work he did on MG, RAZA & AIW, I would buy translites and playfields direct of Jeremy and it would be great knowing he's getting the credit and financial rewards he deserves from his work!

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Jeremy,
Sell whatever you can. I would def buy a backglass.

+1 on buying a backglass - I would encourage you to color your Alice in Wonderland sketch and sell that as a backglass too!

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

+1 on buying a backglass - I would encourage you to color your Alice in Wonderland sketch and sell that as a backglass too!

+1

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Samesies. That AIW art was insane.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Considering he is still owed money on these projects, personally I wouldn't want to spend anymore time on them.

Time to sell the bad memories and move on.

#25 6 years ago

Considering he is still owed money on these projects, personally I wouldn't want to spend anymore time on them.

I know personally that was the reason I was asking and I'm sure others reiterated it for the same reasons.

Jeremy (ZY) made some of the most beautiful artwork ever seen in pinball and if he can sell translites and potentially playfields to get that money he should already have and then some, then I would be all for supporting him direct, I am already doing that by bidding on his translite but I would love more of his work from MG, RAZA & AIW, just because John was a complete fruit cake is no reason the art should be hidden away or Jeremy shouldn't get paid from it, plus I'd rather have this translite than a Mona Lisa on my wall

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I know personally that was the reason I was asking and I'm sure others reiterated it for the same reasons.
Jeremy (ZY) made some of the most beautiful artwork ever seen in pinball and if he can sell translites and potentially playfields to get that money he should already have and then some, then I would be all for supporting him direct, I am already doing that by bidding on his translite but I would love more of his work from MG, RAZA & AIW, just because John was a complete fruit cake no reason the art should be hidden away I'd rather have this translite than a Mona Lisa on

Agree 100%

When life gives you lemons. Let the juice run down your leg.

#27 6 years ago

If he can't get paid by the guy that hired him to do the job, then I see no reason why he shouldn't be compensated by the pinball community. Most have more money than sense anyway.

#28 6 years ago

i hope he has a stack of these and can cash in one way or another.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

That's really cool. I hope it ends up selling for a big number

Well said. Fantastic artist and seems like a great person. I hope he makes a ton off of everything he has related to his work for Jpoop.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Most have more money than sense anyway.

Ain't that the F ing truth.

#31 6 years ago

Seems to me that if he didn't get paid for his work, it's his property.

#32 6 years ago

holy crap the bid is up to 2050. wtf is wrong with people

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

It's an auction, people can bid whatever they want. ZY deserves to get as much as he can from this after getting screwed by jpoop...

#34 6 years ago

Quoted from tslayer71:

It's an auction, people can bid whatever they want. ZY deserves to get as much as he can from this after getting screwed by jpoop...

no, I don't have a problem with the seller, more power to him I hope he brings in 5k. It's just crazy to me that people would be paying so much for a backglass photo.

then again I guess I don't really understand paying ridiculous prices for paintings either.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

no, I don't have a problem with the seller. It's just crazy to me that people would be paying so much for a backglass photo.
then again I guess I don't really understand paying ridiculous prices for paintings either.

I couldn't afford it either. But as recent prices for machines have shown us, there's no shortage of people with money in pinball

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

It's just crazy to me that people would be paying so much for a backglass photo.

It's not a bg "photo", it's the real glass. I think you didn't mean to put the word photo after backglass. Right?

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's not a bg "photo", it's the real glass. I think you didn't mean to put the word photo after backglass. Right?

No he meant proto. Autocorrect

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

IMG_1803 (resized).JPGIMG_1803 (resized).JPG

#39 6 years ago

Hey, I think pirates are supposed to be in another thread!

Brad

#40 6 years ago

Let's hope it goes to a good home.

#41 6 years ago

Let's hope it goes to a good home.

Yeah hopefully mine

#43 6 years ago

not surprised at all.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Wow, it crossed the $2k mark

Utter ridiculous nonsense.

This will be a forgotten chapter in history next year

It won't be able to sell for $100 then

The more money than sense crowd is chasing it right now.

When the chase is over it will be a hard fall down to reality on all thing related to Jpop and that disaster.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The more money than sense is chasing it right now.
When the chase is over it will be a hard fall down to reality on all thing related to Jpop and that disaster.

Quoted from iceman44:

So I've decided to start another thread since I've been "ejected" from another Jpop thread on two of his pins I own because of the total DB's that continue to ruin everything…………
Eject this……..
I'm so excited about RAZA, it looks awesome so far and am thrilled to have Jpop leading the charges here. So I can't wait to see more from Jpop on RAZA and AIW, I think there is still availability left on AIW!

ridiculous, BS posturing

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

ridiculous, BS posturing

Back on ignore for the ray of sunshine Cornelius.

#47 6 years ago

If I'm ignore, then please stop PMing me?

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The more money than sense crowd is chasing it right now.

Well I certainly don't have endless amounts of money I work two physically demanding jobs, definitely a lack of sense though, can't argue with that part haha.

Way I look at it is simple I consider it a damn good piece of art, I would rather have this on my wall than the Mona Lisa

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I consider it a good piece of art, I would rather have this on my wall than the Mona Lisa.

And you can't add LEDs in a shadowbox and backlight the Mona Lisa.

#50 6 years ago

9 hrs to go

I'll guess it ends around $3500

As Yeti gets more popular and widely known in the pinball world, yes there is a world outside of pinball, this will be a cool piece of memorabilia

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/magic-girl-pinball-backglass-for-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.