10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by PW79
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8C31E06D-6178-47CB-85E3-0C1019E04198 (resized).jpeg
    BCD418D0-476A-4D97-BF1D-D7846789670A (resized).jpeg
    7AFF2E3E-D1E0-44C3-9F54-C2053B3EC556 (resized).jpeg
    F50FC969-AC60-4720-90BB-4BA3863862CB (resized).jpeg

#1 10 months ago

My secret sources (My cousin Harvey) inform me there is a Magic Girl sitting behind a rope at an upscale furniture store called Amini’s in St. Louis.

My first thought is, “why the hell would this be a thing that happened?”

My second is that this is appropriate because Magic Girl is basically a piece of furniture, even if it’s pretty much useless as a coffee table due to the incredibly stupid cabinet design.

Anybody have any insight into this bizarre but apparently true occurance?

F50FC969-AC60-4720-90BB-4BA3863862CB (resized).jpeg
    #2 10 months ago

....and what is the off the wall price it's listed for?

100K by Christmas

#3 10 months ago

I'm waiting for the Magic Girl Supreme edition!

#4 10 months ago

Looks like they are an authorized Stern dealer, so maybe the owner or someone in the company has some special connection to pinball?

https://www.aminis.com/product-category/game-room/game-room-pinball-machines/game-room-pinball-machines-new-pinball-machines/

#5 10 months ago

i got a friend that has one in st. louis, helped unbox it. didn't work out of the box. very shitty/looking game. i'll check today if i get time. gotta go by there. they are about double on their pricing at aminis, so i could only imagine what they want for it.

#6 10 months ago

I was at Amini’s last week and saw it. Amini’s isn’t really a furniture store. It’s more of an expensive toy store. Pinballs. Arcade games. Pool tables. Expensive BBQ equipment.

#7 10 months ago

Aminis sells multi-year service plans as well. I once saw a RCT with a three year warranty for like 8k once, lol. But at least that game functions. I wonder if they would sell a similar plan for a game that is as crappy/ non-functional as MG.

#8 10 months ago

I was there last week. It is definitely real. They are asking $21,000. The won’t let you touch it unless you are a serious buyer. They did turn it on for me for a couple of pictures.

7AFF2E3E-D1E0-44C3-9F54-C2053B3EC556 (resized).jpeg8C31E06D-6178-47CB-85E3-0C1019E04198 (resized).jpegBCD418D0-476A-4D97-BF1D-D7846789670A (resized).jpeg
    #9 10 months ago

Such a waste of Yeti’s artwork.

#10 10 months ago

I haven’t really followed the MG threads but I do know from comments that the game isn’t playable. If that was the case, how did any sell? Was it sold as a fully functioning pin and then when customers got their game they realized it wasn’t complete from a mechanical perspective?

#11 10 months ago

It was a last ditch effort for some customers to get SOMETHING. That is all, nobody really knew what they were getting until they opened them up.

#12 10 months ago
    Quoted from Spagano314:

I was there last week. It is definitely real. They are asking $21,000. The won’t let you touch it unless you are a serious buyer. They did turn it on for me for a couple of pictures.

$20K was the average price when these games first starting coming out. Now that reality has set in as to its box of lights status, no telling what they might sell for. Still, very limited production at 20 machines so appealing to the rare pinball one-percenters.

Having it there might generate some interest but that's a tough sell if they're going to rely on foot traffic.

#13 10 months ago

Hey, maybe it's better if some rich prick buys it who was never going to play it anyway, than have them buy a real game and remove it from circulation.

2 weeks later
    #14 10 months ago

Saw this today, just walking around for lunch and did a double take.

#15 10 months ago

There’s a guy there who lurks here

Maybe he posts too but keeps his Aminis identity a secret

I went in to look @ BGE’s & walked around the pins for a bit. An employee walked up to me & we chatted for a minute or two. He basically said things only one of “us” would say.

Aminis is a store for athletes, ultra high net worth folks & a few overextended suburbanites that just want a game or two for the basement.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 214.99
    $ 140.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 6.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 400.00
    Boards
    Great American Pinball
    $ 24.00
    $ 29.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 3.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside