Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by brkpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I am selling my magic girl- number 3 of 19 hand built by John Popiaduk.
Will ship domestically or internationally.
Game still in box. Email brkpinball@gmail.com with questions.
Thx
Rob

#2 2 years ago

Good luck with the sale!

#3 2 years ago

Much better deal than this one on CL for $60K

losangeles.craigslist.org link

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyPinWiz:

Much better deal than this one on CL for $60K
losangeles.craigslist.org link

i am guessing this has already sold

#5 2 years ago

um what now?

#6 2 years ago

Was there 19 or 25 MG built? I have heard both numbers floating around.
I would say GLWTS but it appears no luck will be needed.. so congrats with the sale!

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I would say GLWTS but it appears no luck will be needed.. so congrats with the sale!

did i miss that these were built or something?

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

did i miss that these were built or something?

Ditto ?
Thought that everybody was conned of their dollars and these were not completed?

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Ditto ?
Thought that everybody was conned of their dollars and these were not completed?

Long story short, JPOP conned American Pinball into sort of completing them, far from finished but good enough to avoid prison, he hopes.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

The majority of owners have said 19. A few have said 21. Others have said 25.

Obvious need for secrecy. TBT John should make 40 and sell the additional 15 at auction to highest bidder. Then use that money to refund the 113 RAZA owners and ~40 AiW deposits.

#12 2 years ago

Just in time for tax returns. I imagine a few of these will be kept NIB. If you open to play and break something proprietary it might be difficult to find a replacement part.

#13 2 years ago

And I thought it was absolute insanity when BM66SLE's were going for 15K. I cannot believe anyone is paying anything for these, and I find the logic fascinating. People put out good money and thought they had lost it all, then years later they get a half-finished machine dropped at their door. Had this happened right away, then folks would be hunting JPOP down with pitchforks and demanding a quality product! But since it took years progress, folks are just happy they got SOMETHING, and they gladly take their partial-functioning machines and celebrate the splendor. Maybe there is a lesson here...maybe if Stern had waited another year to start replacing playfields, KPG would have been happy to settle for the sandpaper, brush and bottle of clear........lol

(You know I kid you KPG.........lol)

#14 2 years ago

Well is there any story to tell why this is going up for auction or was it always just planned to be a flipped for profit from the beginning?

Are you concerned at all selling something like this that obviously doesn't work?

Holy Grail lmao

Hope the sale goes smoothly for you.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Are you concerned at all selling something like this that obviously doesn't work?

That is a false and misleading statement/question. It does work and it plays. Do you think any serious collector is going to be delusional that this NIB is going to be any different than the other 18 - 24 MG's? Seller should have no concern at all. He shelled out his $16k to do with this as he pleases.

#16 2 years ago

I just find this whole thing disgusting. Out of principle I wouldn't buy this. It gives credence to what was done.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Out of principle I wouldn't buy this. It gives credence to what was done.

What was done was a few people pre-ordered this machine with the assumption that with so few made it would become more valuable after they received it and might be able to sell it for a profit. Exactly what is happening here.

#18 2 years ago

...considering the crap people gave Rick for no coin mechs- GLWS! lol....this is crazy....

#19 2 years ago

I just wonder how well it'd earn on location....

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

@ $10.00 a game should fair ok!

#21 2 years ago

Still don't get it ... Did AP complete these units? If so why was nothing but a ton of crap posts thrown at them? If this sell more power to the owner as a ton of crap was dumped on them!

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

People would be putting money in non stop trying to get multiball started or get to the cool area in middle that they haven't been to yet.

I guess I was thinking of people that where not informed and or don't know story. Like someone buying a holy grail pin for his daughter, wouldn't you consider it broken?

The description was just kinda hype which is all MG is and if you really know the story I find it hard to believe you would want it.

#23 2 years ago

10K by Christmas (dropping worth)

#24 2 years ago

Damn! At 20k, that is 2600 in fees (10% Ebay and 3% Paypal). I would had posted on the Pinside Marketplace at a higher price and take the highest offer.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Damn! At 20k, that is 2600 in fees (10% Ebay and 3% Paypal). I would had posted on the Pinside Marketplace at a higher price and take the highest offer.

This. Still not too late!

#26 2 years ago

There is a Magic Girl for sale here in the San Francisco Bay Area on Craigslist for $55,000! Not sure who is going to pay that.

sfbay.craigslist.org link

Now that is some serious pinflation!

#27 2 years ago

One in ohio for sale for 20k....

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

There is a Magic Girl for sale here in the San Francisco Bay Area on Craigslist for $55,000! Not sure who is going to pay that.

The sad thing is, some silly bugger with too much money will end up paying $55k for it. They will shrink wrap it, stick it in storage, never to see the light of day. How rediculous.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

The sad thing is, some silly bugger with too much money will end up paying $55k for it. They will shrink wrap it, stick it in storage, never to see the light of day. How rediculous.

Well it's not much to play so why not lol

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Well it's not much to play so why not lol

Maybe your right - Lol.

#31 2 years ago

Does it have complete code?

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Just an FYI, the maximum eBay final value fee is $250 if you have an eBay store and as of 2014 $750 if you don't. So $850 -$1.3k is what he's looking at. Avoiding any potential drama on pinside for listing it for sale some would say might be worth that

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

Funny that the photo of the backglass is of the "production" Magic Girl. But, the playfield photo is of a prototype.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Funny that the photo of the backglass is of the "production" Magic Girl. But, the playfield photo is of a prototype.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

Actually, the eBay photos show both too. Photos of the "production" Magic Girl and a prototype. Both playfield and backglass.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Just an FYI, the maximum eBay final value fee is $250 if you have an eBay store and as of 2014 $750 if you don't. So $850 -$1.3k is what he's looking at. Avoiding any potential drama on pinside for listing it for sale some would say might be worth that

I recently had an eBay promotion where the max final value fee was $10. It was limited to 10 items and I took advantage of it. Not saying that is the case here with this MG auction but they do have promotions from time to time that can reduce fees.

#36 2 years ago

I would be in at $16k, out at $16,001. Well maybe not! Cool piece to have in my shop, tear it down, make it play better, hope for code. Can't see spending 20k.

#37 2 years ago

I started looking at the pictures, and I had an instant connection to my Theater of Magic. Rabbits,
cubes, magic, "believe," etc. Is this some sort of continuation of TOM?

Doug

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from KansasPinball:

I started looking at the pictures, and I had an instant connection to my Theater of Magic. Rabbits,
Doug

Totally not like TOM. This one has a Lion Saw.

#39 2 years ago

I'm really pleased to see this eBay auction as the end result should give us a true indicator of MG value. I know the seller, not real well, but enough to believe there wont be any bidding shenanigans. As the auction's expiration approaches the bidding should get really interesting especially in the final hour.

I don't trust those CraigsList ads as you never know what the final negotiated price is or if its a prank ad. The one in LA that popped up for 60K I find very suspicious as it was taken down in a day. That's a lot of verification's exchanged by both sides in such a brief time frame. Sure it could happen but at these prices I think it unlikely.

This eBay auction is going to be fun and should set the benchmark price.

Best wishes, Rob. Your winning bid I predict will set Pinside on tilt.

#40 2 years ago

...and it's gone.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

and nothing of value would be lost. the game is a joke.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

All the buyers were silly buggers with too much money

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

...and it's gone.

?? Six days and 3 hours left.

ebay.com link » Magic Girl Pinball Machine

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from KansasPinball:

Doug

Seems like it's just a designer pulling from his favorite bag of tropes. In my opinion it looks pretty weak in both the art and gameplay categories. I wonder how many would have sold without all the drama that happened.

#45 2 years ago

Magic Girl is still here. Contact me if interested. Thanks Rob
brkpinball@gmail.com

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
16,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Spokane, WA
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 400.00
Boards
Great American Pinball
$ 2.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 149.00
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 275.00
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 199.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside