20170424_164539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0655 (resized).JPG
IMG_0632 (resized).JPG
PIR_Mtnclmb (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1 million dollars (resized).png
$2 bid (resized).jpg
horses ass (resized).jpg
There are 269 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

An item bought for resale (i.e. A NIB pinball machine which was never opened) is subject to it to be legally correct from what i understand?
I know if I had gotten 20k on the resale of a pinball machine i would talk to my accountant and make sure I was on the straight and narrow. Maybe it is not required in WA, but when you resell in WI for brand new electronics then you are supposed to pay the dor.

So you think federal and state agencies can continue to collect sales tax on an item in a private individual to individual sale so long as it's never opened? I think you are confusing that technically, by law, the seller has to report the income from the proceeds. I'm not an accountant but I would think/hope that would be limited to only the amount gained above what the seller originally purchased it for. Again, this part I don't know for certain. Have you every bought a nos item from a private party? Were you charged sales tax? Doubtful.

#252 6 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

Geeze, is there anything that Pinsiders won't complain about? It was a contest that was for fun, and the rules were stated right up front.

No shit, right!

Absolutely moronic that anyone would complain one bit. Life must really suck for some.

#253 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Last guess...LOL, pretty convenient. I should have guessed minutes before it ended too.

Quoted from Djshakes:

Yeah, let me guess right before it ends. Kind of stupid.

Quoted from Ericc123:

Definitely seems unfair to people who guessed early especially if there was $500 on the line. Oh well, if those were the rules I guess it is what it is. I didn't even guess so I knew I didn't win

The rules were clearly stated. Anyone had the opportunity to wait and make a guess up to 30 minutes before the auction closes. No convenience, nothing stupid, it was a FREE contest for anyone at there own free will.

#254 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

$250 for ebay
$600 for paypal
I think sales tax in WA is 6.5%? so another $1200
right around 2k in total fees is my understanding if the seller pays the sales tax on it.

eBay upped their max fee to $750 a few years ago if you don't have a store.

#255 6 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

So you think federal and state agencies can continue to collect sales tax on an item in a private individual to individual sale so long as it's never opened? I think you are confusing that technically, by law, the seller has to report the income from the proceeds. I'm not an accountant but I would think/hope that would be limited to only the amount gained above what the seller originally purchased it for. Again, this part I don't know for certain. Have you every bought a nos item from a private party? Were you charged sales tax? Doubtful.

maybe I am confusing it.

I thought if you were a reseller of NIB goods then you either had to have a resellers permit or you had to charge sales tax on the full price? Assuming the seller cant charge sales tax then they are obligated to pay it on the full sale price. That is how I always understood it for sale of any new item?

I have never bought nos from a private party. I assume many just break the law but I also assumes 20k payment raisies a red flag for anyone looking for a reason to audit?

I know when I buy a used car from a private party I still have to pay sales tax just as if it were new. I never understood that one either, but i always just do it.

#256 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

$250 for ebay
$600 for paypal
I think sales tax in WA is 6.5%? so another $1200
right around 2k in total fees is my understanding if the seller pays the sales tax on it.

Quoted from Whysnow:

An item bought for resale (i.e. A NIB pinball machine which was never opened) is subject to it to be legally correct from what i understand?
I know if I had gotten 20k on the resale of a pinball machine i would talk to my accountant and make sure I was on the straight and narrow. Maybe it is not required in WA, but when you resell in WI for brand new electronics then you are supposed to pay the dor.

Quoted from Whysnow:

maybe I am confusing it.
I thought if you were a reseller of NIB goods then you either had to have a resellers permit or you had to charge sales tax on the full price? Assuming the seller cant charge sales tax then they are obligated to pay it on the full sale price. That is how I always understood it for sale of any new item?
I have never bought nos from a private party. I assume many just break the law but I also assumes 20k payment raisies a red flag for anyone looking for a reason to audit?
I know when I buy a used car from a private party I still have to pay sales tax just as if it were new. I never understood that one either, but i always just do it.

I don't know whether to say, Oh my god or Laugh out loud.

#257 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I don't know whether to say, Oh my god or Laugh out loud.

Just say both Kim, this guy is on another planet. Anyone that can pump machines to fellow hobbyists and have no clue what the financial situations are for those companies, has one big screw loose. I am continually amazed at what comes out of this guy's mouth.

#258 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Anyone that can pump machines to fellow hobbyists and have no clue what the financial situations are for those companies, has one big screw loose.

exhibit A your honor

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=wcbrandes

lol

#259 6 years ago

Here in Wisconsin, sales tax is charged on the purchase of any car, new or used, when the new owner registers it.

It is paid by the buyer.

Just like any sales tax on anything is normally paid by the buyer.

If we buy something from out of state and the seller does not collect it from the buyer, we are supposed to pay the equivalent "use tax" when we file our state returns.

eBay will collect the tax for your in-state buyers for you if you are registered as a business.

If you're selling anything but a vehicle (I think) as a private party, no tax is due from buyer or seller. If you do this too much, there may be repercussions, like the state informing you that you are so a business, with penalties from you having to cough up the tax to fines and/or criminal proceedings. Hard to say how much is too much until it happens! If it makes up a significant portion of your income, you may be playing with fire.

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

No shit, right!
Absolutely moronic that anyone would complain one bit. Life must really suck for some.

Again, not complaining. Thank you for taking the time to run a free competition. Congratulations to the winner of the contest, the seller of the machine, and the machines new owner.

#261 6 years ago

damn, I wanted that horses ass trophy too. but there are so many deserving people on pinside, Just not enough trophies to go around.

#262 6 years ago

So a big thank you to vdojaq for starting this contest and a big thank you to DaveKing for adding some serious jack to the winner. I received all of the stuff today and for once being an ass paid off.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

So a big thank you to vdojaq for starting this contest and a big thank you to daveking for adding some serious jack to the winner. I received all of the stuff today and for once being an ass paid off.

Winner of some serious loot!

#265 6 years ago

That's awesome.

#266 6 years ago

That's very cool. Great contest and generosity. I guessed early on, knowing the rules, but not knowing if I would make it back by the close of the guessing window. Man I was close for guessing so early ($20,998).

#267 6 years ago

As a big time sniper on eBay years ago when I was collecting electronic handheld games a lot, I'm embarrassed I didn't think to snipe this contest! Congrats!

(I'd have had a six hour cutoff or something if it were my contest, but it's water under the bridge!)

#268 6 years ago

This contest was not fair because I didn't read the rules closely enough. I think I might sue. My lawyer, Zane Smith is on the case.

#269 6 years ago

we want to see transaction details from a bank statement please lol - i still don't believe anyone is paying 20K for a cabinet of junk!

Neil.

There are 269 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/magic-girl-ebay-auction-contest/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.