20170424_164539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0655 (resized).JPG
IMG_0632 (resized).JPG
PIR_Mtnclmb (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1 million dollars (resized).png
$2 bid (resized).jpg
horses ass (resized).jpg

There are 269 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Remember, last guess cut-off is 8:30 pm Central Time tonight ! If you can't figure out what time that is where you live, please leave the internet.
If you guess more than once, all of your entries are null & void!
My rules dammit!
I actually want to watch how this goes down at the end, not much action so far. It's obvious most the bidding on the previous auction was all show for people who really had no intentions of actually buying the machine.
I have to imagine JPop & Special K may have a keen interest as to the final hammer price too.

I bid earlier on at a price that I valued the game at and stopped bidding when I no longer saw the value for the price.

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I bid earlier on at a price that I valued the game at and stopped bidding when I no longer saw the value for the price.

Weird

#203 6 years ago

23482.55 is my guess

#204 6 years ago

I'm going to go with the current price of $16,655.55

#205 6 years ago

$17,155.55

#206 6 years ago

I'll say $16,755.55

#207 6 years ago

About 90 minutes left and the bid is now up to $20,100.00.

This is getting good.

#208 6 years ago

Surprised someone would pay that much for this game but it is getting closer to my guess.

#209 6 years ago

Someone hurry and bid $7,382 more

#210 6 years ago

$23,561

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Would whoever bids next please add 45 cents to it. My OCD is going off like a Geiger counter.

Someone must have added the 45 cents as the number is now even.

I'm a force, baby!

Too funny.

#212 6 years ago

$20200.

#213 6 years ago

Voting closed

#214 6 years ago

Last minute bidding or has the allure gone away?

#215 6 years ago

12 minutes to go.....

#216 6 years ago

We need Dick Clark for the count down.

#217 6 years ago

With a couple of minutes left the high bidder just might be the most unforgettable pinsider of all time (if he isn't already). I hope no snipers come in, too much fun if ended right here, right now. This is classic.....

#218 6 years ago

1 minute!

#219 6 years ago

I'm surprised that didn't move more

#220 6 years ago

$20,256

#221 6 years ago

Big money.

#222 6 years ago

Oh wow! Your last minute vote beat me!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#223 6 years ago

The value is sinking by the minute on these boat anchors ⚓️

#224 6 years ago

We have a WINNER!!!!!

Missed it by $56 AND was the very last guess.

Well played and got you some loot!

#225 6 years ago

Drat ! K-man sniped by a hundred bucks. Whoever won the contest PM me so I can get the $500 and PF headed your way. Thanks V for coming up with this little contest, and everyone who tossed in a number. It's been fun.

#226 6 years ago

I bid 20K very early on.. who won?

I think the guy that bought MG sure didn't.

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveKing:

Drat ! K-man sniped by a hundred bucks.

Too funny! Guy was pumping it just to make it higher. He still looks pretty silly since he paid 23k and it only surpassed 20k with his help.

#229 6 years ago

Based on the bidding this machine was only a couple hundred bucks short of having a new home in the land down under.

#230 6 years ago

Congratulations to Dave King, a class act all the way in adding the additional prizes. Well played JAHpinWizard, and congratulations to the winning eBay bidder and new owner.

While it was a fun contest, I imagine there are RAZA, AIW customers and vendors wondering when their time will come. I keep a good thought for all of those people and Jpop still sucks.

#231 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

We have a WINNER!!!!!
Missed it by $56 AND was the very last guess.
Well played and got you some loot!

Last guess...LOL, pretty convenient. I should have guessed minutes before it ended too.

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Last guess...LOL, pretty convenient. I should have guessed minutes before it ended too.

Yeah, let me guess right before it ends. Kind of stupid.

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Yeah, let me guess right before it ends. Kind of stupid.

Definitely seems unfair to people who guessed early especially if there was $500 on the line. Oh well, if those were the rules I guess it is what it is. I didn't even guess so I knew I didn't win

#234 6 years ago

Congrats to the new owner! Is he on Pinside and will he remove it from the box?

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Definitely seems unfair to people who guessed early especially if there was $500 on the line. Oh well, if those were the rules I guess it is what it is. I didn't even guess so I knew I didn't win

Geeze, is there anything that Pinsiders won't complain about? It was a contest that was for fun, and the rules were stated right up front.

#236 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Too funny! Guy was pumping it just to make it higher. He still looks pretty silly since he paid 23k and it only surpassed 20k with his help.

Dew is off the rose on this stinker of a curiosity.

#237 6 years ago

Looks like there were only 3 serious bidders

The $40k sucker isn't out there Fattrain

#238 6 years ago

K man you should have cornered the market on MGs!

#239 6 years ago

With all the hype from those recent "Mona Lisa of pinball" articles I was honestly expecting this to do a little better.

After eBay / PayPal fees what is the take home going to be for the seller?

#240 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

From the Jpop thread.

Quoted from DaveKing:

Fees are flat $250...open up a monthly subscription to an eBay store and that is final value fee cap. $750 if you just straight list.

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

Geeze, is there anything that Pinsiders won't complain about? It was a contest that was for fun, and the rules were stated right up front.

Not trying to complain I didn't even guess, and I'm glad everyone had fun, but it's a fair assessment that the rules weren't exactly fair. Like you said it was a contest for fun and I don't care how people spend their time or money but I'm not sure why you feel the need to call me out for pointing out the obvious flaw in the rules.

#242 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

With all the hype from those recent "Mona Lisa of pinball" articles I was honestly expecting this to do a little better.

$250 for ebay
$600 for paypal
I think sales tax in WA is 6.5%? so another $1200

right around 2k in total fees is my understanding if the seller pays the sales tax on it.

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Not trying to complain I didn't even guess, and I'm glad everyone had fun, but it's a fair assessment that the rules weren't exactly fair. Like you said it was a contest for fun and I don't care how people spend their time or money but I'm not sure why you feel the need to call me out for pointing out the obvious flaw in the rules.

Not really a flaw per say.. just a good strategy to make a guess close to auction end. I saw everyone bidding early and jumped in.. should have thought more about that. Congrats to winner

#244 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Not really a flaw per say.. just a good strategy to make a guess close to auction end. I saw everyone bidding early and jumped in.. should have thought more about that. Congrats to winner

This one is over...but for bid guessing games like this in the future you should only allow bid guessing to be one per person and not allow any more bid guessing when there is less than 8 hours left.

#245 6 years ago

I'm the guy that got the MG.

Taking it out of the box and "playing" it as best it can. Very confident that solid, playable code will come out in due time.

#246 6 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Congrats to buyer and seller... and winning bet!

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Taking it out of the box and "playing" it as best it can. Very confident that solid, playable code will come out in due time.

I'll be over in 15 min to check it out!

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Don't take it personally. Wasn't meant that way.

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

$250 for ebay
$600 for paypal
I think sales tax in WA is 6.5%? so another $1200
right around 2k in total fees is my understanding if the seller pays the sales tax on it.

Why in the world would the seller pay any sales tax? Not that there would be any, when the seller is not a business.

#250 6 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Why in the world would the seller pay any sales tax? Not that there would be any, when the seller is not a business.

An item bought for resale (i.e. A NIB pinball machine which was never opened) is subject to it to be legally correct from what i understand?

I know if I had gotten 20k on the resale of a pinball machine i would talk to my accountant and make sure I was on the straight and narrow. Maybe it is not required in WA, but when you resell in WI for brand new electronics then you are supposed to pay the dor.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 8.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 269 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/magic-girl-ebay-auction-contest/page/5?hl=bitternerd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.