20170424_164539 (resized).jpg
IMG_0655 (resized).JPG
IMG_0632 (resized).JPG
PIR_Mtnclmb (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1 million dollars (resized).png
$2 bid (resized).jpg
horses ass (resized).jpg
There are 269 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 6 years ago

I don't think it's going to end with a sale. It's going to have people put in bogus amounts and end with some stupid amount, then be relisted. when auctions have a focused attention like this, it tends to happen. Happened to me, with the first restored Joust field I did. Auction ended at 5k or something. Almost as much as the whole game. Needless to say it wasn't paid for and had to be relisted. But it did sell for $2700 or something close to that. 2nd one sold for around the same.

#152 6 years ago

Why wouldn't you go down the list of bidders until you hit a real bid?

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That was my ex-girlfriend Jenny's phone number.

I was going to bid using Rikki's phone number...but I lost it.

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I was going to bid using Rikki's phone number...but I lost it.

You mean Rikki lost yours.

Go ahead...bid using your own number. I promise I won't call in an unwanted pizza delivery.

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Why wouldn't you go down the list of bidders until you hit a real bid?

nobody responded. There were a couple that were full of shit.

#156 6 years ago

35100. Sellers spouse may have gone in on the mg journey. No way she lets his head be shaved.

#157 6 years ago

28,950 (GLWS)

#158 6 years ago

I was going to bid $1,000,000, but it says they won't ship to Canada.

So I'll go with someone else spending $29555 USD on it.

#160 6 years ago

What the heck...might as well jump in as there's nothing to lose, right? I'm going to go with $28,800.

#161 6 years ago

Strange, when I use the OP's link, it takes me straight to the EBay page. If I search EBay for "Magic Girl Pinball Machine" I only get the $40k OBO one. I've always suspected eBay's search has some goofiness to it.

In any case, I claim $23,265 to be the official ending bid. Go snipers!

ken

#162 6 years ago

It is doing the same thing with my search.

Quoted from Yellowdog:

Strange, when I use the OP's link, it takes me straight to the EBay page. If I search EBay for "Magic Girl Pinball Machine" I only get the $40k OBO one. I've always suspected eBay's search has some goofiness to it.
In any case, I claim $23,265 to be the official ending bid. Go snipers!
ken

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from Yellowdog:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/test-magic-girl-auction

#164 6 years ago

Ad is there and fine, it's just the search indexing is f'd up. Try editing it, especially the title, that might trigger a re-index. Obviously keep the key words, add some new ones. Or change title completely, and change it back later. There's lag time, so it may take a while, I forget how long (maybe 30-60 min max?), but I've seen it happen before.

Anyone know if it ever showed up by search?

#165 6 years ago

Well... looks like the auction was ended by the seller.

We'll never know....

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Well... looks like the auction was ended by the seller.
We'll never know....

It was eBay's screw up, it wasn't ended early:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/test-magic-girl-auction

#167 6 years ago

Contest continues. Machine has to be relisted due to an Ebay software error. The seller is picking up where the bidding left off @ $16K. It will be relisted at 7pm PDT tonight. All previous entries are still active and WILL count towards the final auction price. Contest will now be cut off at 6:30 PDT on May 6, 2017.

Again ONE entry per person!

#168 6 years ago

I'm guessing this thing goes for 16K or better.
If it doesn't, I'll shave my head.

#170 6 years ago

$20,002

Aaron
FAST Pinball

IMG_0632 (resized).JPGIMG_0632 (resized).JPG

#173 6 years ago

Sorry folks. Didn't mean to cause a reset on the auction. I've had the same thing happen to me and with all the heartache caused by this machine, I didn't want the seller to get screwed again by an eBay glitch. GLWS.

ken

#174 6 years ago

Might as well pick up a spare proto playfield with your new game (not usable)
ebay.com link: itm

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

$20,002
Aaron
FAST Pinball

"Does it work yet Aaron?"

More importantly who is making the missing assemblies?

There are four serious missing parts to this puzzle.
The electronic wiring, PCBs, coding, and additional assemblies.
This game needs the support of electronic technicians, engineers, and programmers.
This is the fourth major "merry-go-round" on this game in the past 6 years.
My standpoint as an engineer is remains a mess, and the main ramp assembly needs modification as well to accomplish the magnetic ring diverter function.
I like puzzles, but you are more patient than I in trying to unravel the mysteries of the intentions.

See you at NWPAS.
Surprised you are not heading to PAGG as well.

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm guessing this thing goes for 16K or better.
If it doesn't, I'll shave my head.

Looks like you only have to shave the hair off your back.......

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

"Does it work yet Aaron?"
More importantly who is making the missing assemblies?
There are four serious missing parts to this puzzle.
The electronic wiring, PCBs, coding, and additional assemblies.
This game needs the support of electronic technicians, engineers, and programmers.
This is the fourth major "merry-go-round" on this game in the past 6 years.
My standpoint as an engineer is remains a mess, and the main ramp assembly needs modification as well to accomplish the magnetic ring diverter function.
I like puzzles, but you are more patient than I in trying to unravel the mysteries of the intentions.
See you at NWPAS.
Surprised you are not heading to PAGG as well.

As you said, there is a lot of work to do. Mechs missing, etc. It should be a whitewood. It is too pretty and rare to "get to work" on it without risking damaging the art and plastics. Without the playfield cutplans and ramp molds to build "development" versions of the game, there really was no productive path forward for us.

We decided it was best for us to let it go.

IMG_0655 (resized).JPGIMG_0655 (resized).JPG

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

As you said, there is a lot of work to do. Mechs missing, etc. It should be a whitewood. It is too pretty and rare to "get to work" on it without risking damaging the art and plastics. Without the playfield cutplans and ramp molds to build "development" versions of the game, there really was no productive path forward for us.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

Good seeing you again Aaron.

20170424_164539 (resized).jpg20170424_164539 (resized).jpg

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Good seeing you again Aaron.

You too! I was surprised to see you at the workspace! Thanks for your help with load out too.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Aaron
FAST Pinball

"Honesty has its values."

I am glad you realized these the challenges before it turned into another "money pit" of time, effort, and anguish.
Although I do know where the original ramp design molds are locally, it is not enough as that was just part of start.
This is like being a detective with a old whitewood game with pretty artwork and trying to figure out what was intended without necessary design drawings and schematics.
Reminds me of Fred and Kerry's adventures with BBB.

"Keep pressing that upper cabinet flipper button maybe something will magically happen?"

#182 6 years ago

Would whoever bids next please add 45 cents to it. My OCD is going off like a Geiger counter.

MG Bid (resized).pngMG Bid (resized).png

#183 6 years ago

So close to my guess

#184 6 years ago

Not my contest but in the unlikely event of a tie breaker, I assume earliest posting time wins.

(Take that, snipe guessers)

#185 6 years ago

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Not my contest but in the unlikely event of a tie breaker, I assume earliest posting time wins.
(Take that, snipe guessers)

Yes, correct. AND, if one guy is over by $1 and another is under by $1, the under guess wins.

#187 6 years ago

$32,768.00 is my guess. Horray guess.

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Aaron
FAST Pinball

And void the 90-day warranty??

http://www.zidware.com/pinballwarranty.html

#189 6 years ago

I am going to guess $18,850.55

#190 6 years ago

The warranty that covers nothing?

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

The warranty that covers nothing?

Zidware Inc, ("ZW") is pleased to warrant, only to the original purchaser ("Warrantee"), that this pinball machine ("Product")Product will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for ninety (90) days after delivery to the Warrantee (the “Warranty Period”).

#192 6 years ago

There are other warranties that cover similar (Stern) but they typically will take care of owners long after the short official warranty is over. Not sure about Zidware.

#193 6 years ago

#194 6 years ago

How did you get to that page with the warranty? There is no link anywhere on his front page and it appears he took everything down.

Here's his front page: http://www.zidware.com

???

#195 6 years ago

We're down to just under the final 24 hours. Bump for interest and to keep this auction and contest alive.

ebay.com link: itm

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

How did you get to that page with the warranty? There is no link anywhere on his front page and it appears he took everything down.
Here's his front page: http://www.zidware.com
???

google site:zidware.com

All sorts of stuff still up

#197 6 years ago

Looks like all the magic has left that title.

#198 6 years ago

Remember, last guess cut-off is 8:30 pm Central Time tonight ! If you can't figure out what time that is where you live, please leave the internet.

If you guess more than once, all of your entries are null & void!

My rules dammit!

I actually want to watch how this goes down at the end, not much action so far. It's obvious most the bidding on the previous auction was all show for people who really had no intentions of actually buying the machine.

I have to imagine JPop & Special K may have a keen interest as to the final hammer price too.

#199 6 years ago

$17,455.55

#200 6 years ago

$20,555

There are 269 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/magic-girl-ebay-auction-contest/page/4?hl=staythirsty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.