(Topic ID: 181585)

Magic Girl discussion thread (breakage, issues and other)

By Taxman

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Pinballs
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

34947a6f91272fd3c4d8937c8b42d54ed22b343e (resized).jpg
Replace (resized).PNG
IMG_8222 (resized).JPG
IMG_8223 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 12.25.11 PM (resized).png
MGring (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

They are being picked up. We saw the pictures and videos. Let's get the real talk going.

Why not. If Stern gets threads for Ghosting and issues so should MG if the few want to talk.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I didn't see pics. Is that in the JPop thread? Link?

Pics and vids are around. The Zidware website has some of the train wreck.

Start with the bad shooting video -

From the Zidware site. There are a few navigation issues.

Vids

http://www.zidware.com/inventor/magicgirl/videos.html

Pics

http://www.zidware.com/inventor/magicgirl/images.html

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Brakage isn't even a word.

Wow, first misspelled word on Pinside. Glad you continue to stalk me to point that out

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Probably JPop... it's his clip. Just like it must be him throwing the ball at the slingshot and watching it machine gun after the ball is long gone.

Glad you noticed the machine gunning also. The guy finally posts a small number of video clips and this is what he wants to showcase?

#24 7 years ago

Pinball News posted a video. Most of the display is in a rectangle in the center as it is was a DMD?!?! Is this a Last Year video?

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

That's an old video (June 6,2015) made before the MG prototype was displayed at the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show in Tacoma, WA.

I was just updating ,y post to ask if this was a last year video. Thanks, I thought it might be while watching. It had gone up on the Facebook unboxing thread.

I'm sure we will get fresh stuff this weekend.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

So there's a spinner and a loop? Great game!

That spinner mounted in the ring might look cool. But I cannot imagine this can hold up. It looks to be mounted off a post so snapping down would be possible. But the spinner assembly itself is screwed to ring. The ring itself looks delicate but now with two weak spots created by drilling and using it to suspend an assembly made to get hit is bad. I am not a plastic expert, but the tiny washer on top cannot be enough.

MGring (resized).jpgMGring (resized).jpg

#35 7 years ago

You posted this in the other thread so I'll repost my comment -

Quoted from iceman44:

... But then people don't really buy BBB because its a great pinball machine. They mostly buy it as a "collector". People are afraid to play because they might put a dimple on it. How many BBB's do you always see for sale, "low plays", "less than 200", etc.?

Actually, there has been a BBB setup to play at Pintastic. Sorry I forgot who brings it, but it gets set to $2/play with money going to charity. I have a Pinball Magic so I know the build quality on Capcom pins is pretty darn good.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

So to avoid legal repercussions, they threw together some machines with decent build quality and very basic code just to get everyone to shut up.
Smart move...

That is one school of thought. JPop does not want to end up like Kevin. This shows he has made a real attempt to deliver games to customers. So now if he declares bankruptcy it is just a failed business not a scam to get money with no intention of ever completing.

JPop complained about the tax burden on Nate's C2C show. So if his paperwork is in order and he can prove he pissed everyone's money away noodling around the shop for years he won't go to jail and can walk away from the rest of his obligations.

There also ends any support for the few MG games bound to break. Pretty much everyone loses.

Funny thing is John is delusional enough to think these games are proof of his worth to the pinball community and might actually think it is a come back.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Is the playfield art and overlay? In the video near the flippers it appears to flatten out as the ball goes near.

That video ended up being from last year. The only "current" stuff is on the Zidware website links.

We only know of a few people that have picked up so far and are hoping for some good video / reviews soon. But all accounts have said it is an unplayable mess. In the past year he has not fixed the shot geometry (because he did artwork and not white-wood) there are still ball hang ups and just generally has not been fixed since Pintasia pulled back the curtain.

Good-bye John. When I play your games I will be glad you don't make money off them anymore. Whatever you have in your pockets from pinball at this moment is the last you will ever get.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

WCS bracket on the left ramp entrance.

Why is that part there? Is it acting as a ramp support because it fits? Unused bolt holes does look like a wrong part or incomplete

He did steal so many things from CV, TOTAN and TOM that he needed a few more WCS parts to round it out. I would like to see if that assembly over the shooter lane is doing a WCS also.

#76 7 years ago

Buh-bye (and to a few posts)

#89 7 years ago

Well your good buddy is a big loser in this game. You want to keep riding his coat tails for some reason. So yes, I win, he loses and you want to keep sticking with the guy who gets banned from every group he wants to be a part of. Keep making friends.

FYI, I have kind of ignored you because mutual acquaintances have told me you are not that bad of a guy and I should make friends. But you keep coming back to prove them wrong.

#91 7 years ago

Tirade?

More like "have" a problem. Not the same as your hero, but both should seek help.

Carry on, just elsewhere please.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/magic-girl-discussion-thread-brakage-issue-and-other?tu=taxman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.