(Topic ID: 181585)

Magic Girl discussion thread (breakage, issues and other)

By Taxman

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Pinballs
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

34947a6f91272fd3c4d8937c8b42d54ed22b343e (resized).jpg
Replace (resized).PNG
IMG_8222 (resized).JPG
IMG_8223 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 12.25.11 PM (resized).png
MGring (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 7 years ago

What spare parts are people ordering along with MG, and how much are they? Future proofing this machine is going to be an issue.

1 week later
#99 7 years ago

It would be good to explore some solutions to identified MG problems here. I've got two initial ones:

1) Lack of a groove in the ball launch lane. This means the ball hits the sides of the lane and loses energy, leading to many failed plunges. As a quick fix, would it be possible to produce some mylar with a vertical track on it (to keep the ball in the right direction) that could be stuck onto the PF?

2) Ball trapped in launch lane under metal strip (next to skillshot). Literally a piece of flexible metal sheet has been bent, and ball gets trapped in either direction- impossible to fix this just by adjusting the bend in the metal, as ball will get stuck in one direction or the other. What is needed is a light-weight one-way gate to replace the piece of metal- see photos.

Can anyone help in achieving a practical solution to these problems? Many more to follow later, I'm sure! But these initial two are important as they make MG unplayable with the PF glass on, despite being hopefully quite easy to fix.

IMG_8223 (resized).JPGIMG_8223 (resized).JPG

IMG_8222 (resized).JPGIMG_8222 (resized).JPG

#100 7 years ago

Ah well, no-one cares

#103 7 years ago

Thanks- I'll try this. My issue with the 'Tesla skillshot gate' is that it isn't a gate and needs one! Instead, we have a bent piece of sheet metal, that looks amateurish apart from anything else (like actually working). Basically, MG can't be played with the PF glass on as a result of this issue. It's also difficult to get to because of the multitude of plastic.

Another issue is that the side rails are not attached to the cabinet and seem to be loose. I think double-sided tape would be adequate to fix this, but amazing that this was missed out in manufacture.

I haven't even done a switch test yet. Martin will have a field day reviewing this machine tomorrow

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/magic-girl-discussion-thread-brakage-issue-and-other?tu=Pinballs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.