(Topic ID: 186532)

Magic Girl Article in the WSJ

By Dooskie

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

troweling-concrete (resized).jpg
    IMG_9057 (resized).PNG
    1297676959165_ORIGINAL (resized).jpg
    pinside (resized).jpg
    tron (resized).jpg
    7 Screenshot 2017-04-15 16.03.39 (resized).jpg
    6 Screenshot 2017-04-15 16.03.18 (resized).jpg
    5 Screenshot 2017-04-15 16.03.07 (resized).jpg
    4 Screenshot 2017-04-15 16.02.48 (resized).jpg
    3 creenshot 2017-04-15 16.02.34 (resized).jpg
    2 Screenshot 2017-04-15 16.02.15 (resized).jpg
    1 Screenshot 2017-04-15 16.01.30 (resized).jpg
    crocdundee3 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5967 (resized).PNG
    IMG_2993 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manimal.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Of course he would.
    That makes him look good.
    I take it you were never a member of your college chess club?

Gotta agree with Vid on this one. That article came from somewhere else. WSJ is very well known for taking press releases and stories from other rags around the globe, then butchering them and publishing. I was involved in more than one case that made the WSJ in one fashion or another, in each case, I could track the story back to it's origination because the very same misquotes and mistakes were in each version. They have very few actual reporters......most everything they publish is a regurgitation of work from someone else. One thing reporters are good at is NOT telling an accurate story. During my days in law enforcement and fire service, I have been mis-quoted and misrepresented more times than you can imagine. I can count on one hand the number of times a story was original, well written, and correct from start to finish....and mostly that was because I wrote it for them. If the public only knew how many time they get things twisted and wrong, they would be shocked.

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from dzoomer:

LOL at all the conspiracy here. Vid going off the rails again.
    FWIW, the subject came out in a podcast a while ago and mentioned that the popsci article came from him as the lead, but the WSJ didn't. Doubt that will stop the conspiracies though. Lots of cray cray on Pinside and around here too.

Doesn't change the fact he is an attention-seeking douchebag.

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from dzoomer:

LOL. And it's hypocritical as half of pinside.... where you have serial posters, reviewers, line-jumpers, narcissists and drama queens, he's just better at doing it outside of a forum.

No, he is just better doing other douchebag type things that don't involve pinball, like maybe playing in traffic. (And if you ask me, he does look a lot like woody)

#85 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

People complain, yet still keep talking about him.
    Anyway, the interview and photo session were real. Chris sent me behind the scenes pictures as it was being done. No conspiracy here...

No one said conspiracy...Total Absolute Bullshit...yes, but conspiracy no. This guy is so insecure and shallow he will stop at nothing to keep himself in the lime light. I have dealt with his kind many times....just like a little kid jumping up in your face, trying to get your attention. Even the negative attention to him is better than no attention at all, and the best thing we could all do is to forget he even exists.

#98 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

My apologies, kind sir, but you're kind of giving the dude attention.

Yes I was...I even mentioned him by name (Douchebag). I made the statement as the best thing we could do, knowing full well that won't happen...not on Pinside.

#104 6 years ago
    Quoted from c508:

Anyone else who read the article think the subtitle should be "The Chris Kooluris Story" ?
    I'm amazed at the mileage he has gotten out of his Magic Girl... probably way more than the Hellcat!

Absolutely. He bought the pin and quickly realized what an idiot he was for dropping that kind of cash on something that will never play. He hoped the price would go through the roof and he could gloat because he owned one, and all of the minions would have to bow to him. But people are smarter than he is, and that never happened. So now he is trying to justify the purchase by saying he is getting a lot of "exposure value" out of it anyway. I guarantee he was behind the WSJ story in one way or another, and he is doing everything he can just to retain some sort of relevance. The industry shuns him and he can't take it. Just as I said, he is the little kid jumping up and down trying to get everyone's' attention. That is why he constantly pokes at the pinside folks in everything he does. But just like any other addict, all of this talk will boost his ever-hungry ego for a while, but it will never be enough. At the end of the day he is still an idiot for buying a pin that barely flips, and an attention-seeking loser who will never quite succeed in being loved and adored by the world like he so wants.

#108 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

but I think he has become a bit more self-aware and introspective and has changed for the better.

Time will tell, but I would bet you are wrong. I've seen enough videos and listened to enough podcasts to know what he is really after. And anyone who has ever tried to justify a bad decision comes up with some tick like "yes she is crazy, but she sure can cook". He was flaunting money and wanted to rub it in everyone's face that he had the much sought after pin....but he didn't do his homework and got burned. Go back with an objective view (if possible) and watch those videos...really listen to the podcasts. He has changed some dialogue and may not be as direct as he used to be, but the old person is still there.

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Bought my first pin two years ago so I'm fairly new. But I don't get lost in the hobby really. I read up on it from time to time but I mostly just play the games and have fun, so I don't know everything going on in the pin world. For example I don't even know who this Kaneda guy is so I have no idea what the ruckus is all about. I do really love the art on this Magic Girl machine though and if it really is the spiritual successor to Theater of Magic then it would be great if another company stepped in, bought the ashes of whatever will be left of this venture and maybe makes a proper game out of it.

I think there are a lot of folks out there that would love for that to happen. It is a good concept, great artwork, but horrible implementation. I do hope that someday these are all made into functional pins...it would be a shame to leave them half-finished.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manimal.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/magic-girl-article-in-the-wsj?tu=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.