By Euchrid

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Magic Stern Electronics, 1979
#1 7 years ago

Recently a Stern Magic was sold in GA as a result of a Pinside thread by a new user. I had been in contact with him regarding shipping the machine. Although he told me that the machine was mine and that he'd send me a pic of the playfield to confirm, he sold it to someone locally. I didn't open this thread to complain, but did so in the hopes that the buyer of that machine sees this. If you do, and want to sell the game, please pm me. It's a game I've been trying to get for many years for personal reasons and was really bummed that this one slipped away from me. Obviously, I'm willing to pay more than you paid for it.

#2 7 years ago

I know of a Stars for sale here in Fl if you're interested I can send you his contact info?

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I know of a Stars for sale here in Fl if you're interested I can send you his contact info?

I would like 2 T-Bone steaks please! How about 2 ham steaks instead?

#4 7 years ago

Hey OP. Did you PM all the semi local Magic owners and tell them you are interested in buying and also add your personal story to see if that gives them an incentive to sell? They may like the game, but may be willing to let it go to a person who enjoys it more and has a personal reason why.
GLWTH!

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I would like 2 T-Bone steaks please! How about 2 ham steaks instead?

Whatever you'd like sir!
I don't get the reference though

#6 7 years ago

Nevermind I see what I did lol
I'll keep my eyes open for a Magic

#7 7 years ago

I have a Magic here in PA I am holding for the OP from when I had it posted for sale in January. So it isn't that he is looking for just any Magic - he liked the one from Georgia because of condition and was hoping to be able to buy that instead of mine (which is a project machine). So for anyone that sees this post he is just basically reaching out to see if the person who bought the one from Georgia is interested in selling it to him.

The issue the OP & I had was he is about 500 miles West of me and I told him I would deliver it to him if (or when) I had a chance. But I also told him if he found one he liked better or that was closer before we could hook up I was fine with that. I was suppose to be in Florida for about 6 weeks but that trip didn't happen partly because of this stupid snow here in PA and partly because of a few other things outside of my control. So I am now trying to hook up with OP sooner if he doesn't have a chance to buy the machine from Georgia.

In any event if anyone reads this post and can direct him to the one in Georgia please do so. If not I'll work on getting my Magic to him ASAP.

#8 7 years ago

Yep, I've been trying to track a Magic down for a few years. I did pm all Ohio owners with my request about a year ago or so. I thought I had one from silver_spinner but I think that has fallen through. Then I found Skips and, as he said, we are working on a way to get it. Skip has been a complete pleasure to deal with. I saw the one in GA and it was much nicer (and as skip said, not a project) so I called that seller, had a nice talk and he agreed to sell it to me but then texted me the next day that he sold it to a local buyer. I offered to put a deposit or buy it without even seeing any more pics but he declined and said not to worry that it was mine. Oh well. Not looking for a Stars. I'm willing restore the one I'm getting from Skip, but you all know how it is: if you can buy a nice example as opposed to a project...it's not like we all don't already have a line of projects.

#9 7 years ago

Hi OP, I purchased the Magic in question. Wasn't aware you had a deal at all, in fact he mentioned someone from Ohio wanted more photos. I had spoken with Tom over the phone on Saturday so I was surprised that you had this "deal". I told him Saturday that I would be by to look at it Monday, since it was in an office and not viewable on the weekends.

Cosmetically it is extremely nice, but since he hadn't opened the backbox (and didn't have a key) since 1982 you can imagine the battery damage. I purchased the game and had to drill out the backbox lock. I tried my best to clean up the MPU board, but there are lots of issues. Currently the game has no GI and no insert lights, so I am leveraging local help (pinball friends) to get it functional. Just thought you should know. Everything is not it as it seems sometimes. I am ok with the purchase despite the fact that new boards (MPU and Lamp) will likely be needed since the game is so nice.

All the best,

Eric

#10 7 years ago

Thanks for the info Eric and congrats. If you ever want to sell, even if I have one, I'd like to buy it. I'd really like a super nice one of these. Have fun.

4 weeks later
#11 7 years ago

Hey Euchrid, I might be able to help you in your search for a Stern Magic in the next couple of weeks, plus I'm down here in Dayton Ohio, so a lot closer than Georgia.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/magic-for-sale-in-ga?hl=d8n-flipped and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.